Windows 10: Dell computer continually restarts every 10 - 20 seconds

Discus and support Dell computer continually restarts every 10 - 20 seconds in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The Dell computer was working fine this afternoon. This evening on power up, the computer runs 10 - 20 seconds (disk light and fans come on) but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ClaireHolliday1, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Dell computer continually restarts every 10 - 20 seconds

The Dell computer was working fine this afternoon. This evening on power up, the computer runs 10 - 20 seconds (disk light and fans come on) but nothing on the screen, except the very first time it displayed an "entering power saver mode" message) and then powers off (power light goes off). Several seconds later, the computer turns the power back on by itself and the process is repeated, endlessly, with a blank screen. Tried forced power off and then unplugging power, disconnecting all peripherals, restarting with nothing connected - still the same thing. Any suggestions (short of explosives)?

:)

ClaireHolliday1, Dec 29, 2018

2. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 29, 2018
  3. dell tablet won't get beyond the dell logo and the circling dots

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please share the information:

• Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Is the issue persisting after upgrading to Windows 10 or after installing an update in Windows 10?

I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Dell computer continually restarts every 10 - 20 seconds

Dell XPS 13 9333 - Windows couldnt not complete the installation, to install windows on this computer, please restart the installation

According to Dell's official Windows 10 Creators Update page, the Dell xps 13 9333 is not listed as tested:

http://www.dell.com/support/article...-to-windows-10-creators-update?lang=en#XPS-NB

You can try a manual upgraded as suggested in my previous reply using the ISO in addition to the 12 steps before upgrading.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Dell computer continually restarts every 10 - 20 seconds

1. Dell computer continually restarts every 10 - 20 seconds - Similar Threads - Dell computer continually

2. Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  3. Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  4. Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific game freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  5. Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer restarts every 10 seconds: Been having an issue where every couple weeks and on several reimaged laptops. Every 10 seconds or so, my cursor has the blue spinning wheel for a second and then my windows taskbar disappears and then reappears. Any file explorers I have open will automatically close. After...
  6. Computer Continues to Restart

Computer Continues to Restart: My laptop will not go into Safe Mode and keeps giving errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-continues-to-restart/3568d217-6832-46e2-9b01-c7b3f46dd6ac
  7. Computer hangs for a split second exactly every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer hangs for a split second exactly every 10 seconds: I used a stopwatch and exactly every 10 seconds my pc hangs for a split second. I can't tell what would be causing it in task manager. In task manager, on the CPU graph, one core will get a spike in usage at the same time. It would be useful if I could view which cores...
  8. Restarting every 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting every 5 Seconds: Hey first of all sorry for my bad English it’s not my main language. I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming notebook. My Laptop made today a Update and during the Update he restarted and 5 seconds later he turned off he repeated this for a hour. Then I decided to press F2...
  9. Computer Studders Every Second

Computer Studders Every Second: Recently I have noticed that my computer studders every second. To my knowledge, I havent done anything different than normal. Computer Specs OS: Windows 10 Motherboard: MSI B150 Gaming M3 CPU: Intel i7-6700k GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ram: RipJaws DDR4-2400 (2 x 8k)...
  10. Computer crashing every 20 mins to restart

Computer crashing every 20 mins to restart: sorry you will be fed up with me. My desktop computer firstly you notice the screen hangs and then the wireless mouse immobilizes itself so you cannot use it then about 2 minutes after this the computer crashes to a restart situation. I have also started it from shut down and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell desktop continually reboots

2. dell laptop continually reboots

3. dell desktop stuck at dell logo then dies and restarts

4. dell desktop continually tries to restart