Windows 10: Dell computer unable to connect to WiFi

Discus and support Dell computer unable to connect to WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Dell laptop is unable to connect to the WiFi in my room while my phone and smart tv are connecting and acting normal. This issue started this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HangMan97, Apr 24, 2020.

1. HangMan97 Win User

Dell computer unable to connect to WiFi

My Dell laptop is unable to connect to the WiFi in my room while my phone and smart tv are connecting and acting normal. This issue started this morning and it is the first time I've had such an issue. Interestingly enough my computer is capable of connecting approximately three steps outside of my room but never inside of it. I have tried uninstalling WiFi driver and trying to mess around with Network settings but nothing is helping? Is it possible the computer is damaged in such a way that it has shortened the distance from which it can detect WiFi somehow.

:)

HangMan97, Apr 24, 2020
  2. asus2016 Win User

Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

For some reason, the printer lasted less than 24 hours printing correctly, and now I again can't fix it, even by doing what "worked" before (Comment #6 upthread).

Regarding the static IP suggestion:
    1. The printer is connected via USB to a Windows 7 computer on the home network. It's not on the network by IP address. Here is a screenshot of the printer port properties.
      Dell computer unable to connect to WiFi [​IMG]
    2. Although there ARE "headaches" as is said above, the vast majority of the other computers on the home wifi network, NEVER have had a problem printing to it. And this applies to computers that have run XP, Win7, Win10, and MacOS. For the most part until now, it's included the particular Win10 computer in question.
    3. If I still might be able to give it a static IP address, will this affect the other computers that have been able to print to it fine using printer name?

asus2016, Apr 24, 2020
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Dell computer unable to connect to WiFi

Windows 10 unable to connect to wifi

Hi,

I purchased a new computer running Windows 10 (build 10240) today and have set up the windows. However, it will not allow me to connect to my wifi. When I use the network option in the task bar, no wifi networks are shown and it says that there are no connections available. When I access the network settings, where the different sections are listed on the left-hand side, wifi is not an available option.

I have been trying for a good few hours and have tried many different solutions to fix this. These include:
    • Updating drivers
    • Deleting drivers and then allowing the computer to reinstall
    • A few different command prompt methods such as resetting the TCP stack, as well as trying some that were for people who upgraded from windows 7/8

I have no idea how to fix this or any clue as to why its happening in the first place. Please help!

Thanks,

P.S. Here are my computer specs if this helps: Zoostorm Gaming Media Desktop PC

Nozzergirl, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Dell computer unable to connect to WiFi

1. Dell computer unable to connect to WiFi - Similar Threads - Dell computer unable

2. Unable to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to WiFi: For 2 days now I cannot connect to WiFi and the problem is because my laptop cannot detect it's ip but u have tried multiple things and nothing works. This first started when I restarted the wifi by turning the switch of it on and off since the wifi would keep connecting and...
  3. Unable to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to WiFi: For 2 days now I cannot connect to WiFi and the problem is because my laptop cannot detect it's ip but u have tried multiple things and nothing works. This first started when I restarted the wifi by turning the switch of it on and off since the wifi would keep connecting and...
  4. Unable to Connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Connect to Wifi: My computer just lost the ability to connect to internet via Wifi. The Wifi button has vanished from the network panel and when I look at my drivers, my wifi adapter has a code 10 issue. I have tried everything, from disabling and re-enabling the adapter, uninstalling and...
  5. Unable to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to wifi: After an update in windows 11 recently I am unable to connect with WiFi and Ethernet . I have tried various methods but it is not working could someone help me in solving this issue....
  6. Unable to connect Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect Wifi: I was playing my game half way and my internet suddenly got disconnected. Normally it would just reconnect automatically but this time, my Wifi seems to have disappeared - cannot even toggle on and off. I went into settings and noticed Wifi also disappeared there..I have...
  7. Unable to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect to wifi: Hello, I have a lenovo p50, using windows10 & i am unable to connect to the internet. No wifi drivers are installed although i've attempted to download drivers from both lenovo and intel, nothing has worked. I was able to connect to wifi just fine for the last four years...
  8. Unable to connect to wifi

Unable to connect to wifi: Hi everyone, I have this problem with my WIFI connection every while and I don't really know how to solve it. As you can see in the picture there's no way for turning it on, the only thing that works is restarting my computer. I'm I the only one here having this issue?...
  9. Unable to connect to wifi

Unable to connect to wifi: Hi , I am using windows10 in my dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop. The problem with the system is , Its not able to connect to wifi network wifi networks are not even listed in the networks and internet panel but its able to detect mobile hotspot and able to connect to...
  10. Unable to Connect to Wifi

Unable to Connect to Wifi: I have had this laptop for less than a year and have Windows 10. I have been connected to WiFi the whole time I have had the laptop. While in the middle of using it, the WiFi disconnected and I can no longer find it. Every time I try to re-connect it only offers broadband or...