Windows 10: Dell Computers . . .

Discus and support Dell Computers . . . in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have two Dell laptop Computers. The one, I'm typing on now. Plus, one more. They are both, running Windows10 pro. This is a bit complicated, but here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jerry_Dwyer, May 22, 2020.

1. Dell Computers . . .

I have two Dell laptop Computers. The one, I'm typing on now. Plus, one more.
    They are both, running Windows10 pro. This is a bit complicated, but here goes.

The second computer, has a real problem. One day, I was unable, to type anything.
    I'd open notepad, but nothing? So, I called Dell for "Help".

Then, I made a real stupid move. I had, created a restore point, a few days, before.
    So, I opened the "Control Panel". And ran, the restore point.

I should have, waited for Dell, to help me. I regret it, to this day! When, I restarted, the computer.
    All, I could see, was a blue box. And, it would do nothing. I'd click on, "reset". Unable, nothing happened.

I was so frustrated. I had, one ray of hope. I clicked on, something like, "UEFI" In advanced options.
    I saw something, that said boot order. Now, here is where, I made my biggest mistake!

I, opened it . . . And, unchecked, Windows something, Now, all that shows is, "No bootable drive"
    I'm hoping, I don't have to, reformat?

Is, there any possibility, to get back to my desktop? I have, all my files. I hate, to start over. Oh boy.

Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, May 22, 2020

2. Dell XPS 13 9333 - Windows couldnt not complete the installation, to install windows on this computer, please restart the installation

According to Dell's official Windows 10 Creators Update page, the Dell xps 13 9333 is not listed as tested:

Dell computers tested for Windows 10 November 2019 Update and previous versions of Windows 10 | Dell Deutschland

You can try a manual upgraded as suggested in my previous reply using the ISO in addition to the 12 steps before upgrading.

Andre Da Costa, May 22, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Dell computer

I don't bother with Dell bloatware like support assist. Just goto Dell's support page, enter your service tag and find the option for manual driver downloads. Start here https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk...t1?app=drivers

You should then see a list of all drivers for manual download.

Steve C, May 22, 2020
  4. Dell Computers . . .

Dell to create AMD based computer

Dell to market AMD based computers

Dell Inc has informed its Taiwan contract makers of plans to develop devices based on Advanced Micro Devices Inc's microprocessors, and these suppliers are awaiting orders for global shipment, the Economic Daily News reported, citing industry sources.

These suppliers are ready developing and arranging the logistics of such devices for shipment to Dell, it added.

Source: Forbes

Update

Details of what Dell is producing

Sounds like Dell will be selling AMD based:
    • Servers
    • Desktops
    • Laptops

wazzledoozle, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Dell Computers . . .

1. Dell Computers . . . - Similar Threads - Dell Computers

2. I have a Dell Computer which is about 4 months old and I added speakers for my ITunes and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Dell Computer which is about 4 months old and I added speakers for my ITunes and...: I have no sound in my ITunes after installing 2 new speakers. Can anyone help me with this. Barbara Hanes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-dell-computer-which-is-about-4-months-old/0946ab06-6989-4cd1-b4c8-4998ff92ba82
  3. Dell computer that has "lost" the PIN and the password does not work, cannot get into the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dell computer that has "lost" the PIN and the password does not work, cannot get into the...: Woe is me. A few days ago I loaded discord onto my Dell Windows 10 Pro machine. It was initializing at computer startup, so I went into config, told it not to, and then restarted the computer. When I booted, it indicates the PIN has been lost. "Something happened and...
  4. Dell Computers . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Computers . . .: I have two Dell laptop Computers. The one, I'm typing on now. Plus, one more. They are both, running Windows10 pro. This is a bit complicated, but here goes. The second computer, has a real problem. One day, I was unable, to type anything. I'd open notepad, but nothing? So,...
  5. Dell G7 17 7790 - random shutdown "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell G7 17 7790 - random shutdown "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.": Hi all, Hope you are safe. I have had my laptop for about 6 months with Windows 10 and initially, it would randomly shutdown/power off when I step away from it for about 15-20 minutes. When I return, I would press a key on my bluetooth keyboard and the laptop would boot...
  6. New dell computer has no pause break key. What is the alternative?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New dell computer has no pause break key. What is the alternative?: I bought a new dell computer and it has no pause break key. What is the alternative? * Moved from IEother/Windowsother * Original title: Pause break key...
  7. Dell computer unable to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell computer unable to connect to WiFi: My Dell laptop is unable to connect to the WiFi in my room while my phone and smart tv are connecting and acting normal. This issue started this morning and it is the first time I've had such an issue. Interestingly enough my computer is capable of connecting approximately...
  8. Dell Computer isn’t showing WiFi Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell Computer isn’t showing WiFi Networks: I live in an apartment building and my Windows 10 Dell computer was working perfectly until this morning when it would no longer show the apartment WiFi. I know that the WiFi is not the issue because my phone is connecting no problem and so are all of my roommates devices on...
  9. Unattended installation with a Dell Optiplex computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unattended installation with a Dell Optiplex computer: Hi there, I'm trying to figure out how to complete an unattended installation of Windows 10 on various Dell Optiplex systems. We do a fresh install of each system when it arrives and as Dell ship computers with a BIOS string and pre-installed OEM image with no license key...
  10. Dell computer 2205

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell computer 2205: It's seems my last update did something now I can't login to my computer it is not the logon asking for user name an password it's just a password I believe it's called bios password I did try to remove the battery as suggested but that did not work I can't get into computer...