Windows 10: Dell D531 Wireless 1505N Slow download, normal upload.(1.4Mbps)

Discus and support Dell D531 Wireless 1505N Slow download, normal upload.(1.4Mbps) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an older dell laptop, a latitude D531. It has been upgraded with 4GB of ram, a SSD and Windows 10 Pro 2004. It runs pretty well, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1Alienware, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Dell D531 Wireless 1505N Slow download, normal upload.(1.4Mbps)

Hi all, I have an older dell laptop, a latitude D531. It has been upgraded with 4GB of ram, a SSD and Windows 10 Pro 2004. It runs pretty well, and almost all drivers installed perfectly, the only driver i had to install was the graphics to get the full 1440 X 900.
    But i am having a problem with the wireless download speed. The laptop had the dell wireless 1390 G only card. I was getting 1.4Mbps download, so i thought by upgrading it to a 1505 wireless N card i would see some improvement in download speed. That did not work out that way. Even with the new wireless 1505 card, im still seeing only 1.4Mpbs download with normal 13.5 upload.
    I did search and try a couple different settings in router and on laptop, but nothing is working... The Alienware on the same network, just feet away from the D531 will get over 100Mpbs download.
    Any Suggestions? Thanks!

:)

1Alienware, Aug 2, 2020

2. Problem with Dell Wireless 5630's driver

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

The issue you are facing could be due to the wireless driver us outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Step 1.

I suggest you to update the wireless driver manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and expand it.

• Right click on the wireless device driver
      and click on update.
    If the issue still persist try the below step.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to go to the dell wireless manufacturer website and download the latest updated wireless driver and install the same. Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 2, 2020
  3. upload speed 5x faster than download speed

hey guys i found this really strange. my download speeds are insanely slow, yet my upload speeds are fast! what the heck is the matter? everytime i download a file, i download at 80kbps. when i upload a file to a website, filefront for example, i upload it at 400kbps. why is my download speed so horrible! im running wireless g.

karolpl2004, Aug 2, 2020
  4. DonaldW Win User

Dell D531 Wireless 1505N Slow download, normal upload.(1.4Mbps)

Sudden large disparity between download & upload speeds.

(First post: Win 10 1809) Hello. I have encountered what seems to me to be a strange phenomenon: Recently upgraded to "1000 Mbps" fiber internet provider. Initial speeds for both download and upload speeds spread across the 900's, with upload speeds consistently a bit higher than download speeds. Yesterday one desktop seemed to have internet connectivity issues. I noted that the desktops Ethernet connection had for some reason adopted the name of one of our wireless routers: What had been "Network 2" was now "(SSID) 2".

This Dell XPS desktop (Win 10 Pro 64b, Version 1809) has both wired and wireless network connections, with the later used to connect to various peripherals. When I checked into Speedtest.net, Download speeds remained in the 900's, but upload speeds dropped below 50 Mbps. I went though various network troubleshooting steps and a number of restarts, this disparity persisted. Other than the lack of a name change to wired network connection, this disparity was also obtained on another desktop on the same network. However, speed checks on iOS tablet reveled no disparity whatsoever, suggesting that the phenomenon is limited to Windows machines.

Given my naive and limited understanding of Windows networking, I was hoping someone might help me to better understand the issue and, perhaps, suggest a fix.

DonaldW, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Dell D531 Wireless 1505N Slow download, normal upload.(1.4Mbps)

1. Dell D531 Wireless 1505N Slow download, normal upload.(1.4Mbps) - Similar Threads - Dell D531 Wireless

2. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  3. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  4. Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC: I have a poor upload speed in comparison to my download speed and it is causing me some issues.But i believe my issue may be fairly unique and I have done many checks.So in summary I have 900mbps download and should receive 500mbps upload. What I get is 900mbps download to...
  5. Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC: I have a poor upload speed in comparison to my download speed and it is causing me some issues.But i believe my issue may be fairly unique and I have done many checks.So in summary I have 900mbps download and should receive 500mbps upload. What I get is 900mbps download to...
  6. Upload Speed is slow only on 1 PC

7. Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.: Hi,I have noticed that this problem has been discussed in the past. Unfortunately, I could not find any solution, so here I am.As per the title, my Win10, with the latest updates applied, shows a slow download speed on the ethernet interface, 1/10th of the actual possible...
  8. slow download and upload speedsethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow download and upload speedsethernet cable.: so my parent bought 5G verizon internet gateway and i have it hooked up to my pc with a ethernet cable and yet somehow my download speed is only going up to 2 mbps. ive tried everything, new cable, fixed all my settings for my router on the verizon app and yet i can get high...
  9. slow download and upload speedsethernet cable.

slow download and upload speedsethernet cable.: so my parent bought 5G verizon internet gateway and i have it hooked up to my pc with a ethernet cable and yet somehow my download speed is only going up to 2 mbps. ive tried everything, new cable, fixed all my settings for my router on the verizon app and yet i can get high...
  10. Very Slow Internet Upload speed on Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very Slow Internet Upload speed on Dell Laptop: Hi, We are trying to track down the cause of a very slow upload speed on one of our laptops running Windows 10. We have ruled out network issues by doing tests with several of our other home devices and get consistently good download and upload speeds at around 35mbps down/...