Windows 10: Dell desktop computer has hard time waking up after sleep

Discus and support Dell desktop computer has hard time waking up after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Dell desktop computer with Windows 10 home edition. When the computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it up, it goes through a few tries of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BernarditaY, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Dell desktop computer has hard time waking up after sleep

I have a Dell desktop computer with Windows 10 home edition. When the computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it up, it goes through a few tries of energy saver before it stays on. The screen just goes dark for a few seconds and the Dell logo shows. It will recycle recycle briefly through sleep mode. I have undone the automatic sleep and put it to sleep manually but it still has problems waking up.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

:)

BernarditaY, Apr 3, 2019

2. Dell Inspiron 3543 wake from sleep issue.

Hello All,

Below is my laptop details

Laptop Model: Dell inspiron 3543

BIOS ver: 05.06.05

Processor: i3

Ram : 8GB

HDD: 1TB

I am facing a issue related to wake from sleep, where when i put my laptop to sleep either manually or auto sleep set to 60min but when i try to wake it by opening the lid or pressing the power button there is no display ( this scenario is for short sleep
    duration).

The 2nd scenario is overnight sleep where i manually put the laptop to sleep and morning when i try to wake the laptop the battery is drained or same as the 1st scenario no display.

In both the cases, i have to long press the power button ( Hard restart).

As per my observation, it might have happened after the recent Windows update KB4462919, KB4462930.

Steps taken to rectify the issue:

• BIOS Update - Speedstep disabled in BIOS and Fast startup from Power Option.
    • Power option reset
    • Hybrid sleep off and on
    • Hibernate off and on
    • Sleep Duration change
    • Allow this computer to wake from sleep WIFI and Ethernet Disabled
    • Disable modern/connected standby HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power --- CsEnabled set to 0
    Thanks in advance

Regard`s

Sudarshan.H.R

sudarshan_hr, Apr 3, 2019
  3. spettro Win User
    Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep

Dell WIN10 DESKTOP (NOT LAPTOP!) does not wake from sleep.

After frustration with sleep issues, PC was set to never sleep and hibernation was DISABLED, hybrid sleep was set to OFF.

PC went into sleep overnight, and cannot be waked.

After manual shutdown & holding for 45 seconds, PC goes immediately back into sleep mode on pressing start button, with light flashing but will not wake up. No opportunity to get control of the PC.

USB wire-connected keyboard & mouse are not "on" and thus not recognized by sleeping system.

IE, NO WAY TO GET COMMAND PROMPT or GET CONTROL OF BOOT or SYSTEM, SO CANNOT TRY THE MANY TIPS FOUND IN FORUMS FOR ENDLESS SLEEP MODE, NOR CAN I UPDATE DRIVERS - sorry for CAPs but I've seen many suggestions, all of which rely on being able to access the BIOS or Safe Start etc, so are not helpful to this case. Thanks in advance for any help!

spettro, Apr 3, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Dell desktop computer has hard time waking up after sleep

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Dell desktop computer has hard time waking up after sleep

1. Dell desktop computer has hard time waking up after sleep - Similar Threads - Dell desktop computer

2. Sleep time set and wake up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep time set and wake up?: I know Windows 10 users can go into power settings and change when PC goes to sleep afterBut is there a way to tell Windows 10 when exactly to put my PC to sleep and when to wake itself up? not only selecting time but days, an example for me would be:Sleep: 1:00am Everyday...
  3. Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep

Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep: I don't know why but every time my computer goes to sleep or when I manually place it into sleep mode, it just doesn't wake up. The light on the tower turns on and fans are on, just nothing is displayed on the monitor. Every time this happens I end up having to press the...
  4. Computer won't wake up after sleep

Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  5. PIN used in waking up computer after sleep

PIN used in waking up computer after sleep: Many times I use the sleep mode when not using my computer. When I try to wake it up I get the following: Pin not available Error code 0x8009002d I can get back in using my password. When I initially start up the computer the PIN works. I usually disconnect from the...
  6. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep: Greetings, 4 days after I reinstalled my OS my PC starts to not turn on after it automatically sleeps but after I turning it, it works but when I check Event viewer it gives me critical error and it says INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Btw I've already update and reinstall my...
  7. Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode: Hello dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing well. I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep mode using power button or closing the lid and then I want to resume my work where I left off. Suddenly, laptop restarts and...
  8. Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent): After an update a couple of weeks ago after the computer goes to sleep in it's own, it won't wake up or even turn the screen on unless I force restart it. It's very inconvenient because I've already lost some work after leaving it for a few minutes and it not turning on. Plus...
  9. Computer takes time to wake up from sleep

Computer takes time to wake up from sleep: I have a toshiba portege r835 which is a pretty old laptop but it has a reliable intel core i5 2nd gen processor. there is a power light near the trackpad which blinks yellow when the pc is asleep and turns green the moment i lift the lid. it's pretty fast and reponsive. but...
  10. Wake up from sleep to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wake up from sleep to desktop: I recently had to reinstall Windows. I've never used a password on my desktop PC. I can boot to my desktop. But settings hides functionality without a password. So is there a way to get windows to wake from sleep directly to the desktop without one? Perhaps with a command?...