Windows 10: Dell desktop not restarting after newest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Dell desktop not restarting after newest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 8920 desktop running Windows 10 Pro. Windows said I needed to restart to update to the latest update this morning. Pressed restart it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidHerman2, May 12, 2021.

1. Dell desktop not restarting after newest Windows 10 update

I have a Dell XPS 8920 desktop running Windows 10 Pro. Windows said I needed to restart to update to the latest update this morning. Pressed restart it started and after 20 minutes it never never completed, with the arrow cursor showing, and blue activity circle apparently showing activity but not completing. Followed the guidance suggested on another old post here, to restart 3 times to enter recovery mode. I don't get any recovery options or a screen to get to safe mode. Tried again and screen said Windows did not shut down cleanly and said it was recovering files. I waited almost two ho

:)

DavidHerman2, May 12, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Dell desktop not restarting  after newest Windows 10 update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 12, 2021
  3. Haksery Win User
    Windows 10 update being enabled.

Anyway , You are luckier than me. My computer was locked directly after updated to Windows 10 . but the solution is easy.

Haksery, May 12, 2021
  4. Dell desktop not restarting after newest Windows 10 update

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Dell desktop not restarting after newest Windows 10 update

1. Dell desktop not restarting after newest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Dell desktop restarting

2. After Update Restart , Desktop not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Update Restart , Desktop not loading: Desktop is not loading and refreshing again and again ,just able to open Edge which is on desktop but no other app .I can't open settings also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-restart-desktop-not-loading/4072d107-ebcf-4914-a5c3-98cbd0bab669
  3. Newest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newest Windows Update: So I get the notification when i go to shut my desktop down a few nights back, so i do it. It goes through the normal process, but the update gets stuck at 42 percent for 5 minutes, then my computer says it can't complete the update, reverts the changes, and shuts down. Is...
  4. Windows 10 newest update!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 newest update!!!: This new update has shut down my letter "m" and is messing everything up onmy computer. What can I do to stop this. I have to keep uninstalling it and it keeps happening. HELP!!!! I read a while ago that it messes up Lenovo brand computers and im not sure what to do. This is...
  5. FPS drop after newest windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FPS drop after newest windows update: after updating my computer to the newest windows update, some games that ran smoothly is now having some big FPS drops how can i fix this? submitted by /u/oofnibbaaa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h0w4wq/fps_drop_after_newest_windows_update/
  6. WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP STUCK ON RESTART AFTER EMERGENCY UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP STUCK ON RESTART AFTER EMERGENCY UPDATE: I installed emergency update this morning. Computer is stuck.. keeping restarting. So tired of MS bs! Any suggestions ither then buy Apple? Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-stuck-on-restart-after/60c6ec49-e553-4bde-bd76-595d30685859
  7. After restarting for the newest updates. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After restarting for the newest updates. What should I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gientsosage [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/edvyqx/after_restarting_for_the_newest_updates_what/
  8. Newest windows 10 update.

Newest windows 10 update.: I just put the newest update in and now my USB drives don't work on my computer. I can't get on at all. It boots up and I can't use my mouse or keyboard. Please help....
  9. Updating the newest Window 10

Updating the newest Window 10: When I tried to update to the newest Window 10 this is what I got: The following things need your attention to continue the installation and keep your Windows settings, personal files and apps. X Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) The inbox storage driver...
  10. windows 10 newest update

windows 10 newest update: how do install it and where can I download it from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-newest-update/d82903c5-f0e4-4fda-ab59-c7bfff840301