Windows 10: Dell Display Manager shapes stay on screen

Discus and support Dell Display Manager shapes stay on screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI have been using Dell Display Manager for years with no problems. However, now the display options sometimes pop up and stay on screen and the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tereza Murphy, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Dell Display Manager shapes stay on screen

HiI have been using Dell Display Manager for years with no problems. However, now the display options sometimes pop up and stay on screen and the only way I can remove them is to restart my computer! If I click on them nothing happens but if I want to arrange the windows a separate icon comes up and I can click to move to that window. I'm assuming it is the DDM and not Google or MS window options being displayed.Does anyone have any ideas on this as I can't keep rebooting just to be able to see my screen!Thanks.

:)

Tereza Murphy, Feb 21, 2024
  2. fireberd Win User

Disable Dell Keyboard On screen display

I have a user on the Dell desktop forum that wants to disable the on screen display for keys such as "num lock" "Caps lock" etc. I've been doing some searches but didn't come up with anything specific for Dell. What I did find, there are vendor specific apps for some. This goes along with the user reporting they display in the top middle of the screen. I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard (and mouse combo) and my display is lower right of screen. Any suggestions/fixes to disable it?

fireberd, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Jan Del Win User

Dell Display Manager shapes stay on screen

Screen stays on

Hi Scott,

Enable for you PC screen to stay on, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware and Sound option.
    • Click Change when the computer sleep option under Power Options.
    • Set up your desire settings for Turn off the display and
      Put the computer to sleep
      option.
    • Click Save Changes.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Dell Display Manager shapes stay on screen

1. Dell Display Manager shapes stay on screen - Similar Threads - Dell Display Manager

2. Dell Display Manager shapes stay on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Display Manager shapes stay on screen: HiI have been using Dell Display Manager for years with no problems. However, now the display options sometimes pop up and stay on screen and the only way I can remove them is to restart my computer! If I click on them nothing happens but if I want to arrange the windows a...
  3. Dell Client Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Client Management: Dell Client Managment doesn't run because of a software problem or conflict in my settings, programs, windows or Dell Sofware. Maybe Firewall or antivirus. If I go to Program Data / Dell/ Update Services Folder and delete the Client folder it will run after I start it in...
  4. dell client management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dell client management: i was in dervices and tried to run dell client management and i got n error 14001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-client-management/3e88eec6-5a76-42ca-af16-298893fabba4
  5. dell client management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell client management: i was in dervices and tried to run dell client management and i got n error 14001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-client-management/3e88eec6-5a76-42ca-af16-298893fabba4
  6. dell client management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Rectangular shapes instead of circular shapes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rectangular shapes instead of circular shapes: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see I have problem where circular shape turns into rectangular shape. I have amd radeon rx 5500 xt If you know how to fix these please reply....
  8. File Manager Deleted Files Stay on the Screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Manager Deleted Files Stay on the Screen: I am cleaning up my computer. I did a search of all .jpg files on drive C:, sorted by date. Then I try to delete groups of files. I select them and then I hit Shift Del. The dialog comes up asking if I want to permanently delete them. I acknowledge it and then seemingly...
  9. Cursor Shape

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor Shape: Hey everybody, I was wondering if there is a way to change the shape of the cursor. I know that there is a way to change the color, but I got a little tired of the shape. Please write back if you have any ideas, they will be greatly accepted. ~Elanoides~...
  10. Monitor Display Not Staying Off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Display Not Staying Off: I have an x-box controller that I plug into my computer to play games, but ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, the display will not stay off. I did a clean install, erasing all of my programs and drivers. I've tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting the computer, I've...