Windows 10: Dell Drivers showing as updated when they are not!

Discus and support Dell Drivers showing as updated when they are not! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been checking the support website for my Dell XPS8920 for an updated Realtek Audio Driver. The file offered for download as having been updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mta3006, Feb 4, 2019.

1. mta3006 Win User

Dell Drivers showing as updated when they are not!

I have been checking the support website for my Dell XPS8920 for an updated Realtek Audio Driver. The file offered for download as having been updated 31 Jan 2019 is the same file size, file name, version number and even has the same identical SHA-256 checksum as the driver file I downloaded over a year ago. I have observed the same phenomenon with several other drivers offered as having been updated.

Has anyone else noticed Dell Drivers listed on the Dell Support site as having been newly updated, when the file offered is actually much older?

:)

mta3006, Feb 4, 2019

2. Problem with Dell Wireless 5630's driver

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

The issue you are facing could be due to the wireless driver us outdated. Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue.

Step 1.

I suggest you to update the wireless driver manually and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and expand it.

• Right click on the wireless device driver
      and click on update.
    If the issue still persist try the below step.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to go to the dell wireless manufacturer website and download the latest updated wireless driver and install the same. Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 4, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Dell Drivers showing as updated when they are not! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 4, 2019
  4. yhendra Win User

Problem with Dell Wireless 5630's driver

Hi Billion,

Thank you so much for your response and suggestion.

I have gone through all the steps you have suggested.

However, the problem still exists.

It says the driver is the best and the most updated one.

Probably, Dell needs to release the updated one compatible with Win 10.

Or perhaps, is there any other solution?

Any help is really appreciated.

yhendra, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell Drivers showing as updated when they are not! - Similar Threads - Dell Drivers showing

2. Dell printer driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell printer driver: I have upgraded to Windows 11 but my Dell c1660w printer wont work, I can't find a driver for it. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-printer-driver/45ccbcf7-79c1-423d-8c1a-f1c8369581c6
  3. Dell printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell printer driver: I have upgraded to Windows 11 but my Dell c1660w printer wont work, I can't find a driver for it. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-printer-driver/45ccbcf7-79c1-423d-8c1a-f1c8369581c6
  4. Dell Inspiron not updating drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron not updating drivers after clean install: I have a Dell inspiron 15 and just installed a SSD in it and done a clean install yet windows updates are not installing all the drivers. Currently I'm missing drivers for Pci data acquisition and signal processing controller Pci encryption/decryption controller Sm bus...
  5. Dell Inspiron not updating drivers after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron not updating drivers after clean install: I have a Dell inspiron 15 and just installed a SSD in it and done a clean install yet windows updates are not installing all the drivers. Currently I'm missing drivers for Pci data acquisition and signal processing controller Pci encryption/decryption controller Sm bus...
  6. Windows showing not correct number of dell firmware driver in optional updates

Windows showing not correct number of dell firmware driver in optional updates: I already updated firmware via dell utility on my Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming, but windows 10 optional update still showing it to me... Will this be fixed? A little annoying. 1.13.1 is correct version actually - "Dell Inspiron 14 Gaming 7467 and 15 Gaming 7567 System BIOS -...
  7. Dell camera driver

Dell camera driver: I have an older Dell Inspirion 17 3721 with a New SSD drive and a fresh, up to date install of Win 10. I can find any sign of a driver for the enclosed camera. Checked everywhere in win 10. I have been looking around and so far there doesn't seem to be any support from Dell...
  8. Dell lattitude E6430 bluetooth driver is not showing in a device manger .

Dell lattitude E6430 bluetooth driver is not showing in a device manger .: my Dell lattitude E6430 bluetooth driver is not showing in adevice manger, tried latest bluetooth softwareBT_21.110.0_64_win10 download but still not working....
  9. Lock screen and updates on Dell drivers

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen and updates on Dell drivers: Laptop with windows 10 version 1909 has issues when the computer was starting. I scanned my finger with the fingerprint scanner, but now it doesn't work...
  10. upate dell drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upate dell drivers: dell driver update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/upate-dell-drivers/20ab9f8a-2569-47ac-a1b5-9204770f8f8e