Windows 10: Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working

Discus and support Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; did the upgrade when i had to from windows 7, the mouse pointer does not work with the touchpad, the thing in the centre of the keyboard moves it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Johnjames1_435, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working

did the upgrade when i had to from windows 7, the mouse pointer does not work with the touchpad, the thing in the centre of the keyboard moves it and so does a USB mouse

can someone help ?

:)

Johnjames1_435, Feb 25, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 25, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Touchpad not working Dell E6410 - win10 Pro update

If you have pro there are ways of getting control of Windows updates that are useful - like
    - set them to Notify only
    - use these settings:

Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working [​IMG]

- set Active Hours.

These are valid options - without hacking Windows in some fashion.

dalchina, Feb 25, 2020
  4. keithjr Win User

Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working

Touchpad not working Dell E6410 - win10 Pro update

I have five Dell Lattitude E6410's here all with a sticky touchpad. Sometimes works, sometimes sticks for a few seconds. Been going on for some time now, so its not a recent update type problem.

Just done a big update to version 1803 and the problem remains, so tried running the Alps 10.1207.101.109 file from the site you quote, but it refuses to install. I just double clicked the exe file. The driver install said successful, but when I closed that, a Dell box then came up saying it was unsuccessful. Have I missed a trick here?
    I

keithjr, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working

1. Dell e6410 touchpad upgrade to windows 10 touchpad not working - Similar Threads - Dell e6410 touchpad

2. Dell Touchpad not working after upgrading to windows 10 32bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Touchpad not working after upgrading to windows 10 32bit: Dell Touchpad not working after upgrading to windows 10 32bit I am using Dell Dell Latitude 3000 Series with windows 7 with Awesome condition. I recently upgraded to windows 10 homeand after that my touchpad is not working. .. And also I searched in my Device manager > Mice...
  3. Dell Touchpad not working after upgrading to windows 10 32bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Touchpad not working after upgrading to windows 10 32bit: Dell Touchpad not working after upgrading to windows 10 32bit I am using Dell Dell Latitude 3000 Series with windows 7 with Awesome condition. I recently upgraded to windows 10 homeand after that my touchpad is not working. .. And also I searched in my Device manager > Mice...
  4. Dell Touchpad not working after upgrading to windows 10 32bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Dell Touchpad not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Touchpad not working anymore: Just recently I've been having issues with my touchpad, with it not working anymore like it normally would and also the touchpad settings and properties not showing up within my mouse properties listings. When I go into either my mouse properties or within my device manager...
  6. Dell Touchpad not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Touchpad not working anymore: Just recently I've been having issues with my touchpad, with it not working anymore like it normally would and also the touchpad settings and properties not showing up within my mouse properties listings. When I go into either my mouse properties or within my device manager...
  7. Dell Touchpad not working after upgrading to windows 10 32bit

Dell Touchpad not working after upgrading to windows 10 32bit: Dell Touchpad not working after upgrading to windows 10 32bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-touchpad-not-working-after-upgrading-to/da328ed5-0436-4eeb-992f-1f422b1d5737
  8. Dell Touchpad not working

Dell Touchpad not working: I have an Dell Inspiron 15 3567, running windows 10I was having issues with my dell touchpad so I updated it in device manager.there was no change so I tried update from my computer and chose HID -Compliant mousethis actually removed the dell touchpad driver and rendered my...
  9. Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10

Dell Latitude E6510 Touchpad not working WIndows 10: A similar thread was locked so I could not add my experience to that. Hence a new thread. My laptop applied a number of Windows updates and the touchpad did not work. I searched the Dell drivers but they do not support WIndows 10 for this laptop. I tried...
  10. Touchpad not working Dell E6410 - win10 Pro update

Touchpad not working Dell E6410 - win10 Pro update: I´m running Win10 Pro and everything was fine until the latest Windows update. The touchpad stopped working abruptly. I´ve tried to uninstall and reinstall the latest driver and nothing. Going to definitions mouse/touchpad, in mouse everything's ok but for the touchpad I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell e6410 windows 10 power off