Windows 10: Dell E6420

Discus and support Dell E6420 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has issues detecting the camera. I did a BIOS diagnosis and no issues. Dell told me that it may be a compatibility issue because my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChinatownChang, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Dell E6420

My laptop has issues detecting the camera.

I did a BIOS diagnosis and no issues.

Dell told me that it may be a compatibility issue because my system has not been tested.

it does not show up on devices either.

They suggested installing Dell Webcam Central but they are not sure if it will work or be a risk to my OS as it only works up to Windows 7.

Any idea if installing will be a risk?

or do ppl have any solutions?

:)

ChinatownChang, Mar 16, 2019
  2. TarasL Win User

Microsoft Designer Mouse does not work with Dell Latitude e6420

Hi Monica,

Thanks for the information.

I have checked that link you have provided for troubleshooting Bluetooth connection issues in Windows 10 but it did not help.

As i said, i tried on different version of Windows (7 and 10) and on different computers. That mouse works for instance with Dell XPS, but not with Dell e6420 and e6430, however, in the same other bluetooth accessories work fine with e6420 and e6430

TarasL, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Ramuettan Win User
    Legacy v UEFI - Dell E6420 BIOS

Dear Mike thanks for all your support and help. I was able to reset my Dell E6420 to UEFI and re-install W10 Pro successfully today. It was quite simple. Thanks

Ramuettan, Mar 16, 2019
  4. TarasL Win User

Dell E6420

Microsoft Designer Mouse does not work with Dell Latitude e6420

Has been using that Designer Mouse with my DELL XPS (2015 year) with no issues. However, I cannot pair with my DELL e6420, tried on Windows 10 and 7. In the same time I am able to pair successfully Apple Wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse with that e6420.

Is it any way to solve it?

I saw something similar here Microsoft Designer Mouse not detected by laptop, even though other bluetooth devices do work, and this mouse works on other computers. but it did not solve the issue.

TarasL, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Dell E6420

1. Dell E6420 - Similar Threads - Dell E6420

2. problem creating System Image of Dell e6420 laptop with windows 7 SP1 Pro 64bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem creating System Image of Dell e6420 laptop with windows 7 SP1 Pro 64bit: Hello All, I am definitely no expert when it comes to backup, haven't ever bothered much with it foolish I know but since I am about to mess about the the OS on my laptop, which may not achieve what I'm hoping for, I'd like to be able to restore the machine to exactly what I...
  3. problem creating System Image of Dell e6420 laptop with windows 7 SP1 Pro 64bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem creating System Image of Dell e6420 laptop with windows 7 SP1 Pro 64bit: Hello All, I am definitely no expert when it comes to backup, haven't ever bothered much with it foolish I know but since I am about to mess about the the OS on my laptop, which may not achieve what I'm hoping for, I'd like to be able to restore the machine to exactly what I...
  4. W10 Pro 20H2 image works on some Dell E6420(s) but not others

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Pro 20H2 image works on some Dell E6420(s) but not others: TL;DR: Dell says the E6420 does NOT support W10. Is it possible that some of the early builds have some component (SATA controller???) that is incompatible with W10??? This is my best guess at this point, but then again I also have E6410s running W10 without problem. This is...
  5. W10 Pro 20H2 works on one Dell E6420 but not others

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Pro 20H2 works on one Dell E6420 but not others: TL;DR: Dell says the E6420 does NOT support W10. Is it possible that some of the early builds have some component (SATA controller???) that is incompatible with W10??? This is my best guess at this point, but then again I also have E6410s running W10 without problem. This is...
  6. Dell E6420 on windows 10 - random shutdown.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell E6420 on windows 10 - random shutdown.: Hi, I have Dell E6420 which i had just recently upgraded to W10 (previously running on W7). It all seems great and but from time to time it unexpectedly shutdown. I wasn’t doing anything heavy just running some basic apps such as office, browser etc. I have updated all...
  7. BSODs Dell Latitude E6420 after W-10 Pro V1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs Dell Latitude E6420 after W-10 Pro V1903 update: This is my wife's Latitude (yes it is mature, but works for what we need) and since the recent W-10 V1903 update it has been experiencing BSODs. No error banners, screen/system does freeze and powering off/on does allow the laptop to restart and no error messages or warning...
  8. Dell Latitude E6420 with IDT Audio on Windows 10 32bit and 64bit issues...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Latitude E6420 with IDT Audio on Windows 10 32bit and 64bit issues...: Ive been trying to wrap my head around the issue Im having. I just bought a laptop, used, with Windows 7. I did fresh installs of Windows 10 32bit and 64bit dual boot... Both bit versions have an issue with the default audio driver not working, not even with the...
  9. Dell E6420 can't access the camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell E6420 can't access the camera: My laptop has issues detecting the camera. I did a BIOS diagnosis and no issues. Dell told me that it may be a compatibility issue because my system has not been tested. it does not show up on devices either. They suggested installing Dell Webcam Central but...
  10. Dell Latitude e6420 - "Windows 10 error con el lector de huellas".

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dell Latitude e6420 - "Windows 10 error con el lector de huellas".: He descargado el driver para el lector de huellas (https://www.dell.com/support/home/mx/es/mxbsdt1/product-support/product/latitude-e6420/drivers) para Windows 8 64bits y al configurar mi inicio de sesión con mi huella al terminar "todo sale bien". El problema es al tratar...