Windows 10: Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's.

Discus and support Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My dell external DVD will not burn video dvd's. It will burn cd's using itunes but when I attempt to burn a video dvd, it copies it then tells me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saundrabagby, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's.

My dell external DVD will not burn video dvd's. It will burn cd's using itunes but when I attempt to burn a video dvd, it copies it then tells me to put a blank dvd in the external drive. As soon as I do it ejects it and asks again for a blank dvd. I have used several different types of dvd's, - & + r, -& + rw and they all get ejected.

I did work with dell and the external dvd managed to burn a dvd that would only play on my computer. I need it to play on a regular dvd player. I was using roxio Easy cd & dvd burning. I had Roxio on a laptop that had XP and windows 7 and it worked just fine. How do I get the external drive to co-operate???

:)

saundrabagby, Jun 20, 2020

2. Burn pics and videos to DVD

Hi Ewan,

You can also burn pictures and videos to DVD by using the File Explorer. To get started, follow these steps:

• Insert the disc and open the File Explorer.
    • Select the files that you want to burn.
    • Right-click and send to DVD RW Drive (DDell external dvd will not burn video dvd's. :).
    • Create a disc title.
    • Once you are done, click Finish burning.
    If you'd prefer to use a third-party software, we suggest that you check
    Windows Store
    for available apps that you can install.

Let us know if you have other questions in mind.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 20, 2020
  3. burning videos to DVD

Hi

My name is Lester and hopefully, this helps answer your question.

For us to burn the Videos from your iphone we need to import the video first, follow the steps below for us to fix the issue.

Step 1.

Plug in the phone to your PC using USB cable, then go to This PC > look for your iphone> right click the Iphone and click "Import pictures and videos" (follow the steps to import all videos and photos)

Step 2.

Insert the DVD

1. Insert a blank (empty) CD or DVD into the CD/DVD burner drive of your PC.

2. Open File Explorer (Windows Explorer).

Windows 10 File Explorer

3. Go to the location on your computer where the files or folders are stored you want to burn to a CD or DVD.

4. Select all files or folders.

5. Right-click on the selected files or folders, go to Send to, and then click on your CD/DVD burner drive (e.g., DVD RW Drive (DDell external dvd will not burn video dvd's. :) or CD RW Drive (EDell external dvd will not burn video dvd's. :)).

A “Burn a Disc” window will appear.

6. At Disc title, you enter a name for your disc.

7. Select the With a CD/DVD player option.

8. Click on the Next button.

You can also follow the steps here:

https://www.easytechguides.com/burn-a-cd-or-dvd...

I hope this will help us fix the issue.

Lester

Independent Advisor

Lester BernardReyes, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's.

Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?

I'll suggest an app DVD Shrink. Use it to create a DVD-Video compliant ISO. Then just use Windows 10 to burn it. So you still only need one app. PLUS It will shrink video larger then 4GB back down so it can still fit on a single layer DVD

As name implies, it also shrinks video larger then 4GB (which would otherwise require a Dual Layer DVD and capable burner) back down to fit on a single DVD
    > Create a parent folder that contains the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. Point DVD Shrink to the parent folder
    > If larger then 4GB, do "Deep Analysis"
    > It will create an ISO image you can then simply burn with Windows 10

I think it can also burn direct but needs Nero. I just create the ISO then burn it myself

ComputerGeek, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's.

1. Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's. - Similar Threads - Dell external dvd

2. Burning a DVD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Burning a DVD: Is there any software or a way to burn a DVD using Windows10? My Dad passed away last month and I received a DVD of the Cellebration of Life service. I need to make copies to give to family members. Thanks...
  3. Burn dvd playable videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Burn dvd playable videos: Is there a non expensive way to burn a .mp4 or .mp2 file to a dvd that’s playable in a DVD player? I don’t have any dvd authoring software and on a tight budget. Wanting to burn some video files I took on my iPhone and give it to a family member on dvd. submitted by...
  4. burning to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burning to DVD: I have saved the files to a DVD, and they show as being there, but the "finish burning" option remains grey, and won't let me complete .. what am I doing wrong? It worked at Christmas, but not now...
  5. burning videos to DVD

burning videos to DVD: hello, looking for help burning my iPhone videos to a DVD. I have windows movie maker - but no other dvd creator will install with Windows 10. It used to work on my old computer, but have no idea how to burn the files now. Whenever I try, it just burns the actual number...
  6. Burning DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning DVD: How and can I burn a dvd on my windows 10 . I have a DVD RW in MY pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-dvd/e2f16ab6-693d-4061-95c4-4540a252b125
  7. burning a dvd

burning a dvd: how to create a dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-a-dvd/9eca03d9-63ea-4d73-bc7f-98192167f08c"
  8. DVD burning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD burning: Hi all. My laptop doesn’t have a DVD drive, but my older PC does. Can any one recommend a program ( free is possible ) that will allow me to create a home dvd, using videos taken from my phone, design a menu, and having a silent video in the back ground playing. Then could...
  9. Burning to DVD

Burning to DVD: I've zipped some files for back up and want to write it to my DVD. I've dragged the zipped file to the DVD drives folder and gave it a name and chose the radio button to write as DVD ( as opposed to USB), but nothing gets written. All I get in is that the file is ready to be...
  10. Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?

Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro here. I just created a DVD I want to play on a friend's DVD player using the app 'DVD Flick' and it's created 2 folders: "VIDEO_TS" and "AUDIO_TS", but I don't know how to put them onto a DVD...? I don't want to use a 3rd party app...