Windows 10: Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high

Discus and support Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i just got the dell g3 15 laptop and yet it is running very laggy. disk usage is running very high when i got the computer. i tried ways to make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The once, Nov 30, 2018.

1. The once Win User

Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high

i just got the dell g3 15 laptop and yet it is running very laggy. disk usage is running very high when i got the computer. i tried ways to make it down but its not working. i have returned the computer once and got another one and still have the same problem. at the resource monitor the system write speed is usual fast (what i think ) and i don't know how to fix it. and yet i don't want to return the computer for the second time.

ps. i have tried closing windows search and super fetch option. also uninstall Skype , google chrome. and it just didn't work.

ps2. i think i should switch the "hybrid drive " to a ssd would be faster.

:)

The once, Nov 30, 2018
  2. DTYV Win User

Windows 10 - High Disk Usage - 100%

I am seeing high disk usage, often between 90 and 100%.

I have tried adjusting some settings, some help temporarily but after a restart I have the same high disk usage issue.

• Disable superfetch
    • Disable Windows Search
    • Disable Windows Update
    • Disable Geolocation Services
    • Disable Network Services
    • Manually adjust paging file size for programs and background services
    • Got rid of apps (no chrome, got rid of bloat like Amazon, etc.)
    The main user of disk usage appears to be Service Host Local System 13 and it uses anywhere between .5 and 10 MB.

Below is a snip of the task manager. Computer is Dell Inspiron 15 - 3000 series. 4 GB RAM, 64 bit operating system and AD A4 processor if that helps.

Any ideas on how to resolve the high disk usage issue permanently?

Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high 5fe3aca9-96e4-4f07-a8e2-c40d4c2b50c7.jpg

3. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2018
  4. AUTiger1 Win User

High Disk Usage

Hi all, I'm struggling with finding things to fix my high disk usage. I've spent many months searching the internet and doing all the listed suggestions like disabling SuperFetch, Windows Defender, Updating drivers, ect. and still I'm stuck with a high disk usage. Here's a screen shot I took immediately following a restart and opening up to a new Firefox window.

Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high [​IMG]

I have noticed Service Host: Local System takes up quite a bit of disk usage and that if I close it and let it open back up all by itself then it immediately makes my disk usage drop into a much more manageable 40-60% usage range. But eventually after a while it maxes out again and I have to close it out again. It's an annoying step just to be able to use my computer.

Also, I have noticed that after working with my mom's computer today, that her disk usage when no programs are running is only like 5%. Makes me wonder why my computer can have no programs running but my disk usage never drops below 30% and sits in the 40-60% range with spikes up over 75%.

I honestly don't know enough about computers to do much more than I already have without causing major issues. BTW, just a couple weeks ago I had to do a Windows reinstall, not a complete reinstall, just the basic reinstall they allow you to do on Windows 10 where you still keep all your personal files. Ever since that a lot of times when I try to open a process like Run or Task Manager I'll get an error message that it can't open and then I do it again and it will open the second time.

Here's a screenshot of my computer information so you can see what I'm working with here.

Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high [​IMG]

AUTiger1, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high - Similar Threads - Dell Disk usage

2. Very high disk usage on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very high disk usage on startup: Hi... I'm using windows 10 home and I'm having a problem of very high disk usage... Idling at 100% until I use other applications and games.I also noticed that 'System' and 'Sysmain' causes the usage and sometimes 'Windows cryptographic service' and some other windows...
  3. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: My disk usage is 100% during startup making it unusable which settles down after like 5 mins. After it settles down and i open an application disk usage again skyrockets to 100% which settles down ultimately. I have tried every method online without any luck....
  4. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: The Disk usage is almost always 100%. I am unable to do work. Please help. I have windows 10 on Dell inspiron 5559. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage/9f934320-7fb2-4015-b1ff-d75bb14a50cb
  5. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: hi, i am using windows 10 home, version 2004. i am having high disk usage problem for about a week. even when not using, it is 100%. But,in Task manager, under DISK column, there running "svchost", Tiworker, system. how can these 3 items cause 100% usage? btw, i ran chkdsk,...
  6. Help with high disk usage on a 2018 Dell G3 3579

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with high disk usage on a 2018 Dell G3 3579: Honestly I’m really not sure what’s up. I’ve looked at multiple solutions on the internet and nothing seems to help. I constantly have high disk usage on my computer and it constantly slows things up. The usual culprit upon looking at task manager is system. What should I do?...
  7. Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10

Ram and disk usage up to very high usage in windows 10: Been like this for a few weeks now. Before then, everything was fine. disk usage up to 100% and ram high when playing Minecraft even... unplayable. Sure there's no malware and my hdd seems to be healthy. Thinking of buying an ssd. I have 8gb DDR4 ram, GTX 1060 3gb, Ryzen 5...
  8. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: Hi, Every Mon. AM ( When I turn on the computer) my computer is very slow. When I check the Task Manager>Processes it is "System" which is causing the computer to barely work. The Disk usage is 49-50%. This lasts for 10-15 min. & then doesn't happen until the next week....
  9. Dell G3 15" Laptop won't turn on!

Dell G3 15" Laptop won't turn on!: I just received my dell G3, turned it on, prompt to windows 10 set up with crotana. 5 minutes later it crashed on me. (it was plugged in) Tried turning it on multiple times, loaded up once for 1 minute, crashed again. Keyboard backlight would blink when attempted to power...
  10. Very high disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high disk usage: *Confused What's happening guys, I've decided to finally let the experts assist me since I've been really yanking my nerves and wasting time on maybe bad thought solutions. Okay so the issue is I'm getting a constant high disk usage without even having anything running...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. g3 high memory and disk usage

2. dell g3 15 keeps reapiring disk errors

3. dell g3 3579 disk usage 100

4. dell g3 high ram usage,
  5. dell g3 100% disk usage,
  6. disc issue dell g3 15,
  7. dell g3 disk usage,
  8. g3 15 100%disk usage fix,
  9. Dell G3 15