Windows 10: Dell G3 3579 small "hiccups"/"glitch"/"freeze" while playing games or videos.

Discus and support Dell G3 3579 small "hiccups"/"glitch"/"freeze" while playing games or videos. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am new at this, but I am looking for help, so let me know if I am doing something wrong in the post :D. I bought a Dell G3 3579 for playing some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ron_094, May 30, 2020.

1. Ron_094 Win User

Dell G3 3579 small "hiccups"/"glitch"/"freeze" while playing games or videos.

Hi, I am new at this, but I am looking for help, so let me know if I am doing something wrong in the post Dell G3 3579 small "hiccups"/"glitch"/"freeze" while playing games or videos. :D. I bought a Dell G3 3579 for playing some games and stuff. I don't complaim about this laptop's performance, It is enough for what I want. The problem is something that is very anoying. Sometimes It "stutters" I'm not sure if this is the best word to describe it, I am not native english speaker for a millisecond and the image freeze or glitches just for an instant, very fast, also the sound is like when you playing a broken CD and a chirp come out.

I tried updating all drivers and programs to detect problems in windows, but nothing works, the problem remains. It happens once in a while, but is stressful when watching movies or in shooters games. I want to know if some one has experimented this problem that can help me out. Begging it is not a hardware problem : I hope I could explained my self.

Here I let my laptop specs and a link with 2 videos when the problem occurs it is worst than it looks like in the video. The "chirp" in the sound is not recorded as it really sounds, it is just like a freeze or I don't know:

• Dell G3 3579.
    • Intel Core i5-8300h.
    • Nvidia Gtx 1050 ti 4 GB.
    • 16 ram ddr4 2666 MHz.
    • Windows 10 Home.

Videos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W6bSpM8xMF43s_I8QWIlKVpMneMw1V89?usp=sharing Second 00:02 of video "SlowMo"

Thank you for reading Dell G3 3579 small "hiccups"/"glitch"/"freeze" while playing games or videos. :D

:)

Ron_094, May 30, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Dell G3 5379 NVMe SSD Support?

The big question is, what is the card that is installed in that port now?

This webpage says it is NVMe compatible:
    Dell G3 15 3579 (i5-8300H, GTX 1050, FHD) Laptop Review - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

"Internal storage solutions include a 2.5-inch SATA III bay and a M.2 2280 slot compatible with NVMe drives."

Also, since your are going to have the case open anyway, might want to look at filling that second SODIMM slot! *Smile

NavyLCDR, May 30, 2020
  3. Cedrock88 Win User
    Windows 10 Small Freezes/Hiccups/Lag Spikes

Hello,

Ever since I upgraded to windows 10, I noticed that my system would have these small hiccups where the sound would freeze and the display would stutter for a split second. Its really random and happens when I'm gaming/watching a video. If it were to happen
    when I'm not doing those things, I wouldn't even notice since there is no sound or fluent display that would indicate a freeze has happened, so I can't tell for sure if it happens when idle.

It's quite annoying, even tho it's not really serious at the moment, but I fear it might be hurting my computer.

Am I the only one getting this? Is this simply a bug that could be fixed with an update? Or can I fix this myself by fiddling with a few settings?

Thanks in advance for all answers.

Cedrock88, May 30, 2020
  4. harry2FO Win User

mouse glitching out when playing a game

When i play a game like fortnite my mouse glitches out. i tried to play other games like roblox but even that game has the same problem.

(with my mouse glitching out i mean if i go left it freezes for a second midway the game and then it goes further and that's really annoying when i play games)

harry2FO, May 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Dell G3 3579 small "hiccups"/"glitch"/"freeze" while playing games or videos. - Similar Threads - Dell 3579 small

2. Permanent computer freezing while playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent computer freezing while playing video games.: Recently while playing large video games such as the last of us, and god of war, I encountered a problem where after a few minutes of gaming my entire computer freezes particularly during cutscenes, needing a manual reboot. In event viewer, it seems like its an kernel-power...
  3. Permanent computer freezing while playing video games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permanent computer freezing while playing video games.: Recently while playing large video games such as the last of us, and god of war, I encountered a problem where after a few minutes of gaming my entire computer freezes particularly during cutscenes, needing a manual reboot. In event viewer, it seems like its an kernel-power...
  4. "Video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error" while playing games on my Dell G3 laptop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error" while playing games on my Dell G3 laptop ?: So every time I play a game after like half an hour or so, my game crashes blue screen giving the error VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR , then when I relaunch the laptop my discrete GPU is gone, like missing from task manager and hidden in device manager. To fix it I have to...
  5. "Video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error" while playing games on my Dell G3 laptop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error" while playing games on my Dell G3 laptop ?: So every time I play a game after like half an hour or so, my game crashes blue screen giving the error VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR , then when I relaunch the laptop my discrete GPU is gone, like missing from task manager and hidden in device manager. To fix it I have to...
  6. Glitch while playing videos and games

Glitch while playing videos and games: Why there is glitch when i am playing games or videos? There is no problem with my pc. My screen is lagging when playing videos and games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/glitch-while-playing-videos-and-games/9d884054-cd47-41c3-a60d-be8348d6d908
  7. Help with high disk usage on a 2018 Dell G3 3579

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with high disk usage on a 2018 Dell G3 3579: Honestly I’m really not sure what’s up. I’ve looked at multiple solutions on the internet and nothing seems to help. I constantly have high disk usage on my computer and it constantly slows things up. The usual culprit upon looking at task manager is system. What should I do?...
  8. Weird freezes while playing video games

Weird freezes while playing video games: I've recently been suffering from a rather awkward problem. Let's say I'm on an 8-hour binge of, say, League of Legends or Heroes of the Storm. During my first or second game it will unerringly freeze, but from then on, no matter how long I play everything is smooth...
  9. BSOD and freezing while playing video games

BSOD and freezing while playing video games: So the backstory: I played 7 Days to Die last weekend and had an odd freeze where everything locked up and the monitor suddenly looked like this: https://i.imgur.com/C9c5BGS.jpg I figured maybe it was an issue of graphics card drivers needing to be updated so the...
  10. Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos: Hello, I am having a bizarre problem that I can't seem to narrow down. While playing video games (Black Desert Online) on one monitor and having YouTube or twitch.tv up on another monitor my computer will eventually freeze and require power cycling. No BSOD no errors in...