Windows 10: Dell G3 3590 AC Adapter Not Detected

Discus and support Dell G3 3590 AC Adapter Not Detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey so I have a dell g3 for a year or so and a few days back the hinge popped up so my dad opened the laptop and fixed it. Right after that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SincereLion, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Dell G3 3590 AC Adapter Not Detected

Hey so I have a dell g3 for a year or so and a few days back the hinge popped up so my dad opened the laptop and fixed it.

Right after that the battery doesn't charge. When I plugged in the adapter it didn't charge or acknowledge that it is plugged in but it estimated 172 days of battery remaining. So I let the battery drain and opened the laptop up removed the battery for a few minutes connected the battery again and powered on but the issue still persisted. I checked with the bios and it says that the AC adapter is not installed. I reset the bios to default settings but still the issue remains. I reinstalled the Microsoft AC adapter and ACPI-Complaint control drivers but no solution yet.

I'm down to 2% now.

I have Windows 10 home 1909

Any solution?

Thanks in advance

:)

SincereLion, Mar 25, 2021

2. Intel Wireless-AC 9462 not working.

Dell Laptop with Intel AC 9462 wireless adapter.
    This was a G3 3579. Step #3 is what actually fixed it.

Symptoms:
    Windows 10 unable to enable wifi (So it seems)

Wifi does not detect any wireless connections.

1. Dell Uninstall SmartByte application and Drivers

2. Device Manager / intel wifi adapter properties / Under the advanced tab
    for AC 9462 you can find an option called Passive Aggressiveness change the value to medium-low from initiall medium.

3. If the above doesn't fix it and you still can't see any wireless network.
    On the same advanced tab enable "Throughput Booster"

It's something with the Intel wifi chip and this 'ThroughputBooster'

IowaFarmBoy, Mar 25, 2021
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    1 game on D: Drive but very slow

Ok.

First off you've nowhere near 120 (119) gig of memory. What you are stating is drive size. Looking at the specs of that notebook Dell G3 15 Gaming Laptop shows the most memory that notebook came with is 16gig. With that (given what you did post spec wise) I'm going to assume this is the one you have - Dell G3 15 Gaming Laptop

All that out the way, two suggestions first...

1. Go to Dell's website and find the latest drivers for your notebook - start here for driver support (sorry I don't know your exact model number)
    2. Make sure you have the latest patches for your game - Go here for Forza Horizon 4 support (sorry didn't see patches)

sygnus21, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Dell G3 3590 AC Adapter Not Detected

Wake up from sleep with Microsoft AC Adapter

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern to restart the laptop from sleep mode when connected to AC power adapter.

Please be informed us if you are facing any problem with while waking the computer from sleep mode.

I suggest you to update the drivers for AC power adapter from
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps :

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand AC Power Adapter.
    • Right on the W and click on Update driver software.

If the drivers are updated, you will not have the option to Update Driver Software.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter
      that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Dell G3 3590 AC Adapter Not Detected

1. Dell G3 3590 AC Adapter Not Detected - Similar Threads - Dell 3590 Adapter

2. Ac adapter

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ac adapter: hello, i have dell inspiron 5559, my main battery is dead so i removed it, when i run the laptop using only the AC adapter it's running slower than when it was with the battery installed. I get a warning at the startup of windows alert the ac power adapter wattage and type...
  3. Bluetooth icon suddenly disappeared from my Dell G3 3590

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon suddenly disappeared from my Dell G3 3590: Suddenly my Bluetooh fone device stop working and when I was trying to connect I realized the icon disappeared. I have updated windows and Dell's system but nothing change. Any help?...
  4. Performance problems with Dell G3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance problems with Dell G3: My Dell G3 has always had performance problems. I Tried to disable background applications and tried to find out what's using up the computer resources. My disk runs very slow, e.g. response time peaking at 15,000 ms and write speed rangin from 20 to 100 kb/s, so I assumed I...
  5. AC adapter and battery not detected or recognized

AC adapter and battery not detected or recognized: When starting the laptop the screen displays this " AC power not recognized and battery not charging". The jack plug was changed and instaled a new battery and the problem continues. what can I do to fix the issue?...
  6. Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter: I have recently replaced my Dell XPS L702X battery this Christmas. I stopped using the computer for about 3 weeks and the battery no longer works. Windows says it has 96 percent and not charging but if I unplug it the power cuts immanently. I followed the manufacture's...
  7. Dell G3 3590 VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell G3 3590 VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: In the middle of playing Fallout 4 I experienced a sudden crash and then I couldn't run the game Due to it being Fallout 4 I decided to restart my Laptop, upon doing this I got a BSOD with the error code "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR" When my laptop reloaded it was as if my...
  8. Dell G3 Speedstep not working?

Dell G3 Speedstep not working?: The core clock frequencies and voltage on my Dell G3 are locked at full speed and max voltage. Speed Step/C-States are enabled in the BIOS, I'm using the balanced power plan in Windows (min CPU 5%, max CPU 100%) and there is no abnormally high CPU load. I'm confused......
  9. Dell Latitude E7440 not detecting AC power supply.

Dell Latitude E7440 not detecting AC power supply.: I have a dell latitiude E7440 Windows 10 that is not detecting the AC power supply. When in Device Manager, it is showing the ACPI- Compliant Control Battery method twice. I have tried to update the drivers (all up to date already) and also uninstall and install the AC...
  10. Ac adapter not recognised.

Ac adapter not recognised.: Windows 10 Oct 2018 update .Hp Envy m6. Ac adapter when do battery check states it is not attached yet device manage shows working correctly. Optimization and system check states okay.Have updated the bios and drivers and removed an reattached battery and ac adapter. Have...