Windows 10: Dell G3 Speedstep not working?

Discus and support Dell G3 Speedstep not working? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The core clock frequencies and voltage on my Dell G3 are locked at full speed and max voltage. Speed Step/C-States are enabled in the BIOS, I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kol12, May 20, 2019.

1. Kol12 Win User

Dell G3 Speedstep not working?

The core clock frequencies and voltage on my Dell G3 are locked at full speed and max voltage. Speed Step/C-States are enabled in the BIOS, I'm using the balanced power plan in Windows (min CPU 5%, max CPU 100%) and there is no abnormally high CPU load. I'm confused... *Confused

Edit: The power cord plugged in was keeping the clocks at full speed. There must be some Dell specific power settings I'm missing.

:)

Kol12, May 20, 2019
  2. CShiuT Win User

Dell G3 15" Laptop won't turn on!

I just received my dell G3, turned it on, prompt to windows 10 set up with crotana. 5 minutes later it crashed on me. (it was plugged in)

Tried turning it on multiple times, loaded up once for 1 minute, crashed again.

Keyboard backlight would blink when attempted to power on, but does not turn on anymore despite many attempts.

Battery is internal. I'm stumped.

What could be the problem here? Any troubleshooting suggestions?

CShiuT, May 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 20, 2019
  4. ish4d0w Win User

Dell G3 5379 NVMe SSD Support?

What kind of M.2 do I have? NVMe vs SATA? That is the question here!

Hi!

I have this notebook: Dell G3 5379

and want to get a fast SSD Drive. Will this one fit?

I'm unsure about NVMe support. I'm familiar with traditional 2.5" SATA drives and M.2 SATA drives. But never had an NVMe SSD drive.

So will this work? From the LOOKS it seems an NVMe compatible port on the motherboard, but I'm not sure. Can you tell?

Dell G3 Speedstep not working? [​IMG]

Notebook page at the shop: DELL G3 3579 3579FI5UC1 gamer laptop (15,6'' FHD/Core i5/8GB/1 TB HDD/GTX 1050 4GB/Linux) - Media Markt online vs
    at dell: https://www.dell.com/p/g-series-15-3579-laptop/pd

Exact model number: DELL G3 3579 3579FI5UC1

SSD in-store: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD | Extreme Digital
    SSD type: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD

Thanks a lot!

From the specs, it seems it has PCIe SSD support. Does that mean this drive is a go?

ish4d0w, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell G3 Speedstep not working? - Similar Threads - Dell Speedstep working

2. GPU not running after removal of battery in Dell G3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU not running after removal of battery in Dell G3: Whenever I am launching any game from steam it is launched using my integrated UHD graphics and not my Nvidia 1050ti. I have even set the default graphics processor as 1050ti from the Nvidia control panel but still the games are running on the integrated graphics only. I have...
  3. GPU not running after removal of battery in Dell G3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU not running after removal of battery in Dell G3: Whenever I am launching any game from steam it is launched using my integrated UHD graphics and not my Nvidia 1050ti. I have even set the default graphics processor as 1050ti from the Nvidia control panel but still the games are running on the integrated graphics only. I have...
  4. Dell G3 3590 AC Adapter Not Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell G3 3590 AC Adapter Not Detected: Hey so I have a dell g3 for a year or so and a few days back the hinge popped up so my dad opened the laptop and fixed it. Right after that the battery doesn't charge. When I plugged in the adapter it didn't charge or acknowledge that it is plugged in but it estimated 172...
  5. Reinstalling Windows to remove all bloatware? (Dell G3)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows to remove all bloatware? (Dell G3): I have a pretty old Dell G3 3579 that I used "Reset this PC" to hopefully remove the bloatware, but it's all still there. I don't really want to remove it all one by one, because I'm not even too sure what is bloatware and what should stay (such as smartbyte and the dell...
  6. Dell G3 3500 BSOD crashing at regular intervals

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell G3 3500 BSOD crashing at regular intervals: Month old laptop is crashing regularly and restarts. anyone can help i have DMP file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-g3-3500-bsod-crashing-at-regular-intervals/8c262ef8-6840-42f5-bbb8-457e411788b9
  7. Performance problems with Dell G3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance problems with Dell G3: My Dell G3 has always had performance problems. I Tried to disable background applications and tried to find out what's using up the computer resources. My disk runs very slow, e.g. response time peaking at 15,000 ms and write speed rangin from 20 to 100 kb/s, so I assumed I...
  8. Dell G3 3590 VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell G3 3590 VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: In the middle of playing Fallout 4 I experienced a sudden crash and then I couldn't run the game Due to it being Fallout 4 I decided to restart my Laptop, upon doing this I got a BSOD with the error code "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR" When my laptop reloaded it was as if my...
  9. Dell G3 15" Laptop won't turn on!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell G3 15" Laptop won't turn on!: I just received my dell G3, turned it on, prompt to windows 10 set up with crotana. 5 minutes later it crashed on me. (it was plugged in) Tried turning it on multiple times, loaded up once for 1 minute, crashed again. Keyboard backlight would blink when attempted to power...
  10. SOLVED: Intel Speedstep not working for Dell Latitude E7240 (i5 4300U)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SOLVED: Intel Speedstep not working for Dell Latitude E7240 (i5 4300U): Hi, I just did the retail upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x64 from 7 Pro x64 on a Dell Latitude E7240 (i5 4300U, 8GB RAM, HD 4400 Graphics). So far everything seems good except that my CPU is always above 2.5 GHz, even when idling (guess I can't be too surprised with launch-day...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell g3 3579 windows 1903 update