Windows 10: Dell G3 Speedstep not working?

Discus and support Dell G3 Speedstep not working? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The core clock frequencies and voltage on my Dell G3 are locked at full speed and max voltage. Speed Step/C-States are enabled in the BIOS, I'm using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kol12, May 20, 2019.

1. Kol12 Win User

Dell G3 Speedstep not working?

The core clock frequencies and voltage on my Dell G3 are locked at full speed and max voltage. Speed Step/C-States are enabled in the BIOS, I'm using the balanced power plan in Windows (min CPU 5%, max CPU 100%) and there is no abnormally high CPU load. I'm confused... *Confused

Edit: The power cord plugged in was keeping the clocks at full speed. There must be some Dell specific power settings I'm missing.

:)

Kol12, May 20, 2019
  2. CShiuT Win User

Dell G3 15" Laptop won't turn on!

I just received my dell G3, turned it on, prompt to windows 10 set up with crotana. 5 minutes later it crashed on me. (it was plugged in)

Tried turning it on multiple times, loaded up once for 1 minute, crashed again.

Keyboard backlight would blink when attempted to power on, but does not turn on anymore despite many attempts.

Battery is internal. I'm stumped.

What could be the problem here? Any troubleshooting suggestions?

CShiuT, May 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 20, 2019
  4. ish4d0w Win User

Dell G3 5379 NVMe SSD Support?

What kind of M.2 do I have? NVMe vs SATA? That is the question here!

Hi!

I have this notebook: Dell G3 5379

and want to get a fast SSD Drive. Will this one fit?

I'm unsure about NVMe support. I'm familiar with traditional 2.5" SATA drives and M.2 SATA drives. But never had an NVMe SSD drive.

So will this work? From the LOOKS it seems an NVMe compatible port on the motherboard, but I'm not sure. Can you tell?

Dell G3 Speedstep not working? [​IMG]

Notebook page at the shop: DELL G3 3579 3579FI5UC1 gamer laptop (15,6'' FHD/Core i5/8GB/1 TB HDD/GTX 1050 4GB/Linux) - Media Markt online vs
    at dell: https://www.dell.com/p/g-series-15-3579-laptop/pd

Exact model number: DELL G3 3579 3579FI5UC1

SSD in-store: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD | Extreme Digital
    SSD type: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD

Thanks a lot!

From the specs, it seems it has PCIe SSD support. Does that mean this drive is a go?

ish4d0w, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell G3 Speedstep not working? - Similar Threads - Dell Speedstep working

2. Dell laptop camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell laptop camera not working: I just recently purchased a Dell laptop with Windows 10, and just recently discovered the camera will not work on any app. I tried following the help page for reasons the camera might not work, but it doesn't even show that there is one, even though there clearly is a camera...
  3. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on Dell G3 3579 running Windows 10 Home 1803: Suddenly got a BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. This happens several times, quite once a month. Can someone help me how to fix this problem? Here's a link for the minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avaug2cug7rdhcIRIF4xubVrSlsRaA...
  4. Dell Support assist not working

Dell Support assist not working: Hi, just got a new Dell Inspiron 5482 two days ago, and the following problems occured: noise from the depth of the laptop and Support Assist of Dell not working!!!...
  5. Dell Visor is not working

Dell Visor is not working: I faced an issue after plugging the Dell Visor into my Dell computer. The setting process went OK up to the boundary. When the boundary was set, I received a 14-2 error. I performed all the instructions to cope with this issue such as installed the drivers for GPU from the...
  6. Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell G3 15 Disk usage very high: i just got the dell g3 15 laptop and yet it is running very laggy. disk usage is running very high when i got the computer. i tried ways to make it down but its not working. i have returned the computer once and got another one and still have the same problem. at the...
  7. Dell G3 15" Laptop won't turn on!

Dell G3 15" Laptop won't turn on!: I just received my dell G3, turned it on, prompt to windows 10 set up with crotana. 5 minutes later it crashed on me. (it was plugged in) Tried turning it on multiple times, loaded up once for 1 minute, crashed again. Keyboard backlight would blink when attempted to power...
  8. Dell Wifi not working/turning on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell Wifi not working/turning on.: The WiFi on my dell just suddenly went off as of yesterday. Until then it was working just fine. When ever I try to trouble shoot it says to turn it back on, which I tried through the control panel, but it is on. When clicking the Wifi icon both Wifi and airplane options...
  9. Power setting turn off Intel speedstep

in Windows 10 Support
    Power setting turn off Intel speedstep: Checked my UEFI bios and noted that speedstep is turned off. Can a Windows 10 power setting turn speedstep off in bios? Ver 1803, Dell laptop, >my usage does not stress the laptop<. Task Manager & CPU-z both show 2.5 g for speed HWINFO shows temp as around 45c 112800
  10. SOLVED: Intel Speedstep not working for Dell Latitude E7240 (i5 4300U)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SOLVED: Intel Speedstep not working for Dell Latitude E7240 (i5 4300U): Hi, I just did the retail upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x64 from 7 Pro x64 on a Dell Latitude E7240 (i5 4300U, 8GB RAM, HD 4400 Graphics). So far everything seems good except that my CPU is always above 2.5 GHz, even when idling (guess I can't be too surprised with launch-day...