Windows 10: Dell g5 5587 becomes laggy as hell on battery (issue began after update to 2004)

Discus and support Dell g5 5587 becomes laggy as hell on battery (issue began after update to 2004) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Specs are: i5-8300h, 16 gb ddr4 ram. WHen i unplug laptop - i can't even properly watch 480p youtube videos - i get constant framedrops. And battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wuarx, Jun 30, 2020.

1. /u/wuarx Win User

Dell g5 5587 becomes laggy as hell on battery (issue began after update to 2004)

Specs are: i5-8300h, 16 gb ddr4 ram.
    WHen i unplug laptop - i can't even properly watch 480p youtube videos - i get constant framedrops. And battery settings (high perf. or battery saver) give the same performance drops, but in high performance i get kinda worse battery life. On 1909 i have never faced this issue. And i even didn't change any battery/power settings since upgrade. It's definitely software problem, as i also have hackintosh installed on this laptop, but i don't have these issues on MacOS.

submitted by /u/wuarx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wuarx, Jun 30, 2020

2. I got a new laptop dell g5 5587 no WiFi option in the 1st. setup

I got a new laptop dell g5 5587 no WiFi option in the 1st. setup when cortana say lets connected to internet,
    only the option is connect through ethernet cable. Any one got this issue or is that normal ?

There is no this option only ethernet

Dell g5 5587 becomes laggy as hell on battery (issue began after update to 2004) [​IMG]

Ahmmad Hegazy, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Dell G5 5587 Intel Core i7 8750H throttling

I have a problem with my laptop Dell G5 5587 and its CPU Intel Core i7 8750H.
    I have bought this laptop in December last year and since then I've encountered a power throttling on CPU (more specifically, PL1 limit), despite this being a 'Gaming laptop'.

The symptom is as follows: when gaming, or doing any other CPU+GPU intensive task, the laptop decides to lower Power Limit to 15W from standard 45W and the CPU throttles to 0.8 GHz from 4.0GHz on Turbo.

The configuration is the following:

• Dell G5 5587 chassis
    • Intel Core i7 8750H 6x2.2GHz (up to 4.2 GHz)
    • 16 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 Max-Q Design with 6 GB VRAM
    • Toshiba 512GB M2 SSD
    • Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
    • 15.6" 4K HDR screen
    • Windows 10 x64 Enterprise Insider Preview Version 20H1 Build 18865 + Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

I have tried everything, including what I've found on the Internet:

• Update BIOS (several times, it came with v.1.5.1, I'm now on v.1.9.0)
    • Update drivers (all of them)
    • Update Windows (obviously) and all the software I have
    • Followed several guides for this particular CPU, including undervolting the CPU and cache, as well as reducing Turbo boost speeds
    • Removed Intel DPTF following this guide Removing Intel DPTF for good
    • Disabled Turbo Boost
    • Contacted Dell Support, which turned out to be pointless, as I had to spend around a week to explain to them the problem, and that I'm not stupid and I have all the updates. I provided them with log files to show the behavior of the system
    • Installed Dell Power Manager and set cooling to Ultra-Performance

As you can see, I've reached an impasse and I was wondering maybe the respected community of Stack Exchange could help me out Dell g5 5587 becomes laggy as hell on battery (issue began after update to 2004) :)
    I haven't done extensive testing under Linux, though, but I don't remember anything like this happening there. So this seems to be particularly Windows problem.

Only other choice I have left is to wait for 9th Gen Intel CPUs to come out and exchange the laptop under warranty.

EDIT
    I'm using Windows 10 x64 Enterprise Insider Preview Version 20H1 Build 18865 (obviously updated more than dozen of times already)

UPDATE 1:
    As recommended in comments, I have enabled the Ultimate Performance battery mode, but it didn't help either.
    I have also followed this Guide to prevent PL1 limit from changing. But it didn't help either.

George Salukvadze, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Dell g5 5587 becomes laggy as hell on battery (issue began after update to 2004)

I got a new laptop dell g5 5587 no WiFi option in the 1st. setup

Ok ill try, some one told me u must install the NVIDIA drive from NVIDIA.com like this:

Dell g5 5587 becomes laggy as hell on battery (issue began after update to 2004) [​IMG]

Not from dell support and really i installed it at the 1st. time from dell support drivers and the control panel not working
    what's your opinion ?

Ahmmad Hegazy, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Dell g5 5587 becomes laggy as hell on battery (issue began after update to 2004)

1. Dell g5 5587 becomes laggy as hell on battery (issue began after update to 2004) - Similar Threads - Dell 5587 becomes

2. My windows 11 dell g5 5587 keeps crashing,bsod reference by pointer in relation to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 dell g5 5587 keeps crashing,bsod reference by pointer in relation to...: someone please help me fix my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-dell-g5-5587-keeps-crashingbsod/e4ebeda1-3572-49bd-a826-5ec7ea3d3dfb
  3. My windows 11 dell g5 5587 keeps crashing,bsod reference by pointer in relation to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 dell g5 5587 keeps crashing,bsod reference by pointer in relation to...: someone please help me fix my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-11-dell-g5-5587-keeps-crashingbsod/e4ebeda1-3572-49bd-a826-5ec7ea3d3dfb
  4. Windows is laggy after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is laggy after 2004 update: There is a constant lag every 8 secs or so and you can really notice it when playing music after booting up from standby, restart takes much longer then normal, just did a refresh pc and still no difference, anyone know how to fix this standby issue?...
  5. Windows 10 2004 update to hell

Windows 10 2004 update to hell: I am tired. I am broken and defeated Why in the hell did you release such a horrible version of windows? The 2004 update has been nothing but blue screens. I just can't take what a pile of **** this version is. How can i get 1909 so i can blow out my machine and go back to...
  6. CPU throttling on Dell G5 5587

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU throttling on Dell G5 5587: CPU throttles to 0.8 GHz when under active use which is not normal (PL1 power limit gets applied, despite the fact that power use doesn't exceed TDP of 45W) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-throttling-on-dell-g5-5587/70729d07-b72f-4beb-9fae-c7d2ba0ecbd0
  7. Dell G5 5587 card drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell G5 5587 card drivers: I installed 1803 and after the setup of all drivers, I took all the updates of windows and its more than I can see every time I got the updates, it contains drivers, when some of them finished and some of them pending, I heard sound like windows hardware insert, and the...
  8. I got a new laptop dell g5 5587 no WiFi option in the 1st. setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I got a new laptop dell g5 5587 no WiFi option in the 1st. setup: I got a new laptop dell g5 5587 no WiFi option in the 1st. setup when cortana say lets connected to internet, only the option is connect through ethernet cable. Any one got this issue or is that normal ? There is no this option only ethernet [img] 123563
  9. I got a new laptop dell g5 5587 no WiFi option in the 1st. setup

in Windows 10 Support
    I got a new laptop dell g5 5587 no WiFi option in the 1st. setup: I got a new laptop dell g5 5587 no WiFi option in the 1st. setup when cortana say lets connected to internet, only the option is connect through ethernet cable. Any one got this issue or is that normal ? 123563
  10. Microsoft Edge becomes laggy

Microsoft Edge becomes laggy: Microsoft Edge becomes laggy the longer I browse the internet. Especially in chat conferences with many participants. With people in chat exceeds to 10 people it becomes laggy. Is there a way to improve Microsoft Edge performance? Please help....