Windows 10: Dell G7 Internal Speakers Disabled

Discus and support Dell G7 Internal Speakers Disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I turned on my G7 running Windows 10 today, there was a red X on the speaker icon and it said "No audio playback devices detected" or something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kent Sugden, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Dell G7 Internal Speakers Disabled

When I turned on my G7 running Windows 10 today, there was a red X on the speaker icon and it said "No audio playback devices detected" or something along those lines. I tried Method 1 at https://www.techworm.net/2018/10/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.html . This made headphones show up on audio devices, but not the internal speakers. In device manager > System Settings I scanned HD Audio Driver for hardware changes, and it reinstalled Intel SST which had disappeared during the earlier step. Now the red X is back, and headphones no longer work. I'm back at square 1. All audio drivers are up to date. How do I get the laptop to recognize its own speaker or headphones?

Another question I have is how do I enable the "what audio device did you plug in" dialog box? I clicked "Don't show this again," thinking it would automatically switch to headphones or internal speakers when I plugged or unplugged. It doesn't, and I always had to go into sound settings to change devices. That was before the red X problem, and assuming that can be fixed I'd like to undo my choice not to see that dialog box.

Thanks,

Kent

:)

Kent Sugden, Aug 21, 2019
  2. Joe913 Win User

How to disable the internal speakers when connecting external speakers?

The instructions for connecting headphones/external speakers inplies that the internal speakers in my HP Envy 23-d260qd computer will be disabled when the headphones/external speakers are connected. This is not the case - both the speakers and the
    headphones work together, thus defeating the purpose of headphones. There seems to be some suggestion that this problem has been caused by an update to Windows10. I have been connecting of headphones or external speakers and would mechanically disabled the
    internal speakers as happens with molst audio equipment. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Joe913, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Disable internal speaker only on Windows 10 Dell

First, try to update your audio drivers. This can happen with some Realtek audio solutions when the Realtek drivers aren't installed.

If that doesn't work you can completely disable the internal speaker in the BIOS. On Win 10 machines you can get into the BIOS starting in Windows.

1. Open Start Menu
    2. Navigate to "Settings"
    3. Select "Update and Security"
    4. Go to "Recovery"
    5. Scroll down and select "Restart Now" under the Advanced Startup header.
    6. Click Troubleshoot
    7. Click Advanced Options.
    8. Click UEFI Firmware Settings
    9. Click Restart

BIOS menus vary widely from computer to computer so I can't give a walkthrough of where to find the setting to disable the internal speaker, you'll have to poke around a bit to find that.

Joe Cullinan, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Dell G7 Internal Speakers Disabled

Disable internal speaker only on Windows 10 Dell

I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 I will often use with headphones (so 3.5mm front panel jack), however it seems to share the volume and audio "device" with some internal speaker within the box.

If the headphones/external speaker is removed it switches back to its internal speaker with the same volume level (so terrible if the machine is then left locked and some browser ad, application, etc. decides to make noise).

This is similar to on my phone, etc. only there Android remembers the volumes seperately (so device volume muted, headphones at whatever) which works just as well as disabling.

Dell G7 Internal Speakers Disabled HQQvv.png

Fire Lancer, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Dell G7 Internal Speakers Disabled

1. Dell G7 Internal Speakers Disabled - Similar Threads - Dell Internal Speakers

2. No audio internal speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio internal speakers: Hi there, Recently I was getting my bluetooth hooked up in my windows 10 Lenovo 940 and to send my sound through to my bluetooth speakers I had to manage my speakers and hook them up. Now I am ready to change back to the speakers built into my laptop, but I could not find...
  3. 2 Laptops Dell G7 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2 Laptops Dell G7 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hi!I'm having blue screen problems on 2 identical notebooks.I have already given the command sfc /scsannow, chkdsk, dism, updated the drivers, updated the BIOS but without success.following error analyzed by WinDBG:4: kd> !devstack ffff8704dc45b0a0 !DevObj !DrvObj !DevExt...
  4. 2 Laptops Dell G7 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Laptops Dell G7 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hi!I'm having blue screen problems on 2 identical notebooks.I have already given the command sfc /scsannow, chkdsk, dism, updated the drivers, updated the BIOS but without success.following error analyzed by WinDBG:4: kd> !devstack ffff8704dc45b0a0 !DevObj !DrvObj !DevExt...
  5. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  6. Internal Speakers

Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  7. No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker: My laptop cannot recognize the internal speakers. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting my computer, but it did not reinstall the driver. When I run the sound troubleshooter, it says "No output device found." It appears that my laptop can't recognize my speakers as a...
  8. Internal Speakers

Internal Speakers: Where do I find my internal speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/fad8aded-c6c6-4c95-9782-d4909ad2506a
  9. Internal speakers are in my Dell Inspiron 3670 but no sound!! It claims they are not...

Internal speakers are in my Dell Inspiron 3670 but no sound!! It claims they are not...: Internal speakers are in my Dell Inspiron 3670 but no sound!! It Claims it is no plugged in! What do I do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers-are-in-my-dell-inspiron-3670-but/4786d82b-e8b4-4718-ad8c-ff6fa0f7754a
  10. Internal Speakers not working

Internal Speakers not working: For awhile now whenever I'd join a discord, the group voice chat application, my audio wouldn't pick up until I messed with the settings a thousand times. To try to solve this, I plugged in a headset. For some reason that seemed to wipe out my internal speakers all together....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell g7 speakers not showing up in settings

2. does the dell g7 have speakers

3. dell g7 no sound

4. mic disable on dell g7,
  5. does dell g7 17 have internal speakers?,
  6. dell g7 speaker problem,
  7. sound drivers on dell g7 disabled,
  8. dell g7 audio red x