Windows 10: Dell gaming mouse is acting up

Discus and support Dell gaming mouse is acting up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Alienware 610M mouse is acting up, but I don't know if it's the mouse or the PC. Mostly I am seeing it when controlling video like YT or VLC player.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Madwand2, May 21, 2024.

1. Madwand2 Win User

Dell gaming mouse is acting up

My Alienware 610M mouse is acting up, but I don't know if it's the mouse or the PC. Mostly I am seeing it when controlling video like YT or VLC player. When I double click the main window to resize, it does it before I am done double clicking. Or when I hit the pause button with a single click, it doesn't pause the first several times until I do it very deliberately. It seems to work fine if I play a game.

:)

Madwand2, May 21, 2024

2. Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response! To answer your questions:

• I haven't installed any new hardware outside of Windows updates, with the exception of the Sons of the Forest game which I had just downloaded yesterday (but after my issues with Valheim had begun).
    • I've checked my install history and no new drivers have been installed in the last 2 weeks
    • Outside of gaming, my mouse seems to act normally. I haven't found any other software yet where it behaves erratically in any way
    I double-checked this morning and currently don't have any outstanding Windows updates. I also don't have mouse trails enabled to begin with so there was no action to be taken there. I didn't have any mouse driver updates, but I did uninstall and reinstall them just to be safe. I have also restarted explorer.exe (in addition to doing a full power cycle of my desktop) and, unfortunately, after all of that the issue remains.

Daniel Schell1, May 21, 2024
  3. Counter Strike 1.6 (Game) Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

Thanks for the update and for performing the troubleshooting steps provided above. If this is an issue with the mouse driver, we would highly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for any updates for the mouse driver.

For additional steps, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.

• Select System.

• Select Apps and features.

• Find the game and click Advanced options.

• Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Wilfred Mac, May 21, 2024
  4. Dell gaming mouse is acting up

Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Dell gaming mouse is acting up

1. Dell gaming mouse is acting up - Similar Threads - Dell gaming mouse

2. Dell gaming mouse is acting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell gaming mouse is acting up: My Alienware 610M mouse is acting up, but I don't know if it's the mouse or the PC. Mostly I am seeing it when controlling video like YT or VLC player. When I double click the main window to resize, it does it before I am done double clicking. Or when I hit the pause button...
  3. Dell gaming mouse is acting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell gaming mouse is acting up: My Alienware 610M mouse is acting up, but I don't know if it's the mouse or the PC. Mostly I am seeing it when controlling video like YT or VLC player. When I double click the main window to resize, it does it before I am done double clicking. Or when I hit the pause button...
  4. Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game: I will try to describe my issue as best I can. Starting today, my mouse has started acting extremely erratic in any game. Before I begin, I've tried this with two different mice - a Logitech G203 Lightsync wired and a Logitech M510 wireless, Bluetooth and had identical...
  5. Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Acts Erratically in Any Game: I will try to describe my issue as best I can. Starting today, my mouse has started acting extremely erratic in any game. Before I begin, I've tried this with two different mice - a Logitech G203 Lightsync wired and a Logitech M510 wireless, Bluetooth and had identical...
  6. Mouse and trackpad acting up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and trackpad acting up?: Whenever I left click, it does a right click, and when I right click, it holds down left click. I have no idea how to fix this or how it happened submitted by /u/BlazeTheGenet820 [link] [comments]...
  7. Dell Inspiron mouse acting erratic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron mouse acting erratic: My system runs OK for several days and then 2 things happen: I start getting alerts from McAfee about a problem [ I don't have an account with McAfee, it came installed on the computer] and 2 The mouse control starts to go haywwire [the pointer mover eratically and sometimes...
  8. Mouse And Keyboard Glitching/Acting up

Mouse And Keyboard Glitching/Acting up: I can’t really tell what is going on but my mouse is acting as if the middle mouse is stuck, or something and the keyboard acts like Ctrl is stuck. My mouse frequently goes in and out of auto-scroll - moves apps when hovering over them on Taskbar - opens multople tabs of...
  9. My mouse is acting up

My mouse is acting up: Hi Yesterday my mouse was acting up I cant click on anything in the start menu. But i can click on the start menu but cant open the programs Anything that is secondary won't respond to my mouse I can't double click to open anything. I either have to click 5 times or...
  10. Mouse is acting up

Mouse is acting up: Hi all, I have a brand new Nuvision Encite two in one laptop/tablet. Today, the mouse has been clicking stuff when I've not touched it, it tremors over areas that it's idle, it won't click the things I want it to, it'll click its own things & even highlight things on its...