Windows 10: DELL Insipron 315 desktop not responding to mouse and keyboard

Discus and support DELL Insipron 315 desktop not responding to mouse and keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A friend of my dad dropped off his wife's PC a DELL Inspiron 315 desktop at my house saying that he was browsing the internet and he fully turned it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BENJAMIN91609, Dec 6, 2020.

1. DELL Insipron 315 desktop not responding to mouse and keyboard

A friend of my dad dropped off his wife's PC a DELL Inspiron 315 desktop at my house saying that he was browsing the internet and he fully turned it off while it was installingWindows Updates, now the mouse and keyboard don't work. I was able to get it working in Windows Setup for system restore points but while in Windows it does not respond I tried many "how tos" on the internet, but all of them need a mouse and/or keyboard, which does not work. I tried WinRE, but the mouse and keyboard driver failed there. I do not want to reinstall Windows because the owners have a business and there are a lot of important data invoices, accounting, quicken/h&r block files. Does anybody know a way to get this working

:)

BENJAMIN91609, Dec 6, 2020

2. Notebook keyboard, touchpad, and mouse fails to respond

Ever since I have taken this Dell notebook out of the box or not long after that, it has been giving me trouble with the keyboard, touchpad, and mouse. When I go to wake the computer from sleep or even turning it on after a night's rest, the keyboard, mouse, and touchpad do not respond to the computer. The cursor (if I am typing something) and the mouse pointer freezes up and it makes the computer not usable until it responds. The keyboard also has a backlit caps lock key. When this happens, the light on the caps lock key does not light up. I have ran tests on it from Dell and the program (Dell Support Assist) says that everything passed and there is nothing wrong. There is something wrong. A brand new computer from the factory should not be doing this. The notebook is a Dell Inspiron 15-3552. I don't have it listed in my specs yet.

Help is appreciated!

Thanks! DELL Insipron 315 desktop not responding to mouse and keyboard :)

Jesse Williams, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Mouse nor keyboard is repsonding

I have the same issue on my Dell desktop ...suddenly neither the mouse or keyboard (wired or wireless) will respond after reboot. Interested in all suggestions.

BarbaraCollier1, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Ed_GG Win User

DELL Insipron 315 desktop not responding to mouse and keyboard

Windows Major Update KB4040724 - now desktop does not respond to the USB keyboard

Just installed Major Update KB4040724 - now desktop does not respond to the USB keyboard.

At first, I had no control via both USB mouse and USB keyboard. Did some research and did the following ...

1. disconnected both mouse & keyboard...

2. used power button to power off the desktop...

3. unplugged the power cord...held down the desktop START button for 30-seconds...

4. plugged in the power cord...started the computer...

5. plugged in the wireless mouse USB "antenna"...desktop apparently reloaded the mouse driver...mouse now working.

6. plugged in the keyboard USB cord to USB outlet ... desktop reloaded the driver...

7. ...and allowed me to type about 8 letters... then stopped.

I repeated steps 1-6... no response or control with the keyboard.

I repeated steps 1-6... plugged in a different USB keyboard... no control or response from the keyboard.

Suggestions or comments appreciated. Thank you.

Edward

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures / PC

Ed_GG, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

DELL Insipron 315 desktop not responding to mouse and keyboard

1. DELL Insipron 315 desktop not responding to mouse and keyboard - Similar Threads - DELL Insipron 315

2. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not responding in Lock Screen: When I turned on my pc, it seem to load I. Normally with the windows symbol and loading icon.But once I get into the actual screen where I can enter my password, it seems that my keyboard and mouse wont register anymore.I can’t press space to continue or even see a mouse...
  3. Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.: Hello,My pc Freeze and keyboard turned off but the mouse still on power.So the pc monitor freeze the desktop still working like the GPU fan spinning. Stuck on gaming or browser no blue screen or shut down. The freeze last for few minutes then the desktop just turned...
  4. Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.: Hello,My pc Freeze and keyboard turned off but the mouse still on power.So the pc monitor freeze the desktop still working like the GPU fan spinning. Stuck on gaming or browser no blue screen or shut down. The freeze last for few minutes then the desktop just turned...
  5. Angela 315

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Angela 315: I am locked out of my laptop its saying that my pin is no longer available and I have forgotten my password I have changed my password with Microsoft on my phone put it in on my laptop but still saying wrong password can someone please help me thanks....
  6. My keyboard and mouse stopped responding.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard and mouse stopped responding.: What is the procedure to get my keyboard and mouse to work again? I did something yesterday that I shouldn't have, and now I can't use either the keyboard or the mouse....
  7. keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10: hi, keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10 on my desktop pc.it was working fine before. plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-in-window-10/55bbbde0-8100-477b-a8ca-a05e6b8184c2
  8. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

Keyboard and Mouse won't respond: after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are wired. I have tired other keyboard and mice and they do not respond either. I was able to get my computer to boot up into...
  9. Mouse is slow to respond. Keyboard too!

Mouse is slow to respond. Keyboard too!: After the recent update from April's Windows 10 Patch Tuesday, both mice and keyboards on my HP Desktop and Acer Desktop have become really slow. Anyone know what's going on and how to resolve this issue? 130614
  10. Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond.

Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond.: Hello, I've been having this issue since the last Windows 10 update, When I first power on the computer the mouse and keyboard are slow to respond as if there is lag between them and the computer. Also the HDD activity light is going nuts. When I restart the computer...