Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 13-5378: Not connected - No connections are available

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 13-5378: Not connected - No connections are available in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having connectivity issues with my laptop as it displays no available Wi-Fi networks. There's no options to turn on/off connection at all. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tlane724, May 15, 2020.

1. tlane724 Win User

Dell Inspiron 13-5378: Not connected - No connections are available

Hi,

I'm having connectivity issues with my laptop as it displays no available Wi-Fi networks. There's no options to turn on/off connection at all. My specs are:

Processor: IntelR Core TM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB 7.87 GB usable

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 10 1903

I have a couple of hidden network adapters under device manager that I suspect might be the issue:

Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network #2

IntelR Dual band Wireless-AC 3165

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2

When I click any of these, I get the following message in the "Device status" section:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware to the computer.

How might I go about doing this?

Thanks for your help!

:)

tlane724, May 15, 2020
  2. SRCArtek Win User

Dell Inspiron 13 5378

I have a Dell Inspiron 13 5378. AND I KNOW FOR A FACT 100% its a Dell Inspiron 13 5378. I bought it refurbished off ebay and i checked the bios and settings and it is a 5378...

Q:

But WAIT, the F10 key has no backlit keyboard option, even if i press it with or without Fn, no backlight. And all 5378 inspirons have backlight. What do i do? Backlight is a necessity at some points.

SRCArtek, May 15, 2020
  3. Dell Inspiron 13 5378 Touchscreen Not Working

Just received a Dell 13 5378 2 in 1. The touchscreen drivers are missing. I have updated windows, all drivers listed on the Dell support site for this computer. When I run the firmware update a Radium screen appears, and waits for further action on my
    part. I need the Radium password to proceed beyond this point.

sphillips43, May 15, 2020
  4. James Ko Win User

Unable to disable touchpad in Dell Inspiron 13-5378

I have an Dell Inspiron 13-5378 laptop. I'd like to disable its touchpad since I have an external mouse I can use. I Googled for "disable touchpad" and have tried the following so far:

• Going to Device Manager, selecting Mice and other pointing devices, and disabling both of the HID-compliant mouse entries I see
      • Disabling the first one appears to have no effect, as my touchscreen still works. Disabling the second one disables my mouse.
      • There is also a PS/2 Compatible Mouse entry, but I'm scared to touch it because I can only uninstall, not disable it, and I don't know what it does because I only have 1 mouse plugged in.
    • Running main.cpl to get to Mouse Properties, going to Hardware > Properties > Change settings... yields the same issues: I can disable the first 2 "HID-compliant mouses" but can only uninstall the last one.

Any suggestions on what to do?

James Ko, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Dell Inspiron 13-5378: Not connected - No connections are available - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 5378

2. My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working: After I put my password, the desktop wallpaper can't be displayed, it's just black, touch pad pointer is active. Only one software called, 'system advance care' shows a boot period notification and when I try to access its settings or click optimize button on it, it doesn't...
  3. My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working: After I put my password, the desktop wallpaper can't be displayed, it's just black, touch pad pointer is active. Only one software called, 'system advance care' shows a boot period notification and when I try to access its settings or click optimize button on it, it doesn't...
  4. My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is now working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is now working: After I put my password, the desktop wallpaper can't be displayed, it's just black, touch pad pointer is active. Only one software called, 'system advance care' shows a boot period notification and when I try to access its settings or click optimize button on it, it doesn't...
  6. My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is now working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is now working: After I put my password, the desktop wallpaper can't be displayed, it's just black, touch pad pointer is active. Only one software called, 'system advance care' shows a boot period notification and when I try to access its settings or click optimize button on it, it doesn't...
  7. My Laptop Dell 2 in 1, inspiron 13 5378 is now working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Audio Drivers - Dell Inspiron 13 5378 2-in-1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Drivers - Dell Inspiron 13 5378 2-in-1: I am having troubles with the sound on my Dell Inspiron 13 5378 2-in-1 running Windows 10. Currently I have tried removing and updating my drivers manually from the Dell website with Realtek High Definition Audio 6.0.1.8158, but I get crackling when I turn on my audio and it...
  9. Dell Inspiron 13 5378 "Ghost Clicking"

Dell Inspiron 13 5378 "Ghost Clicking": My Dell Inspiron 13 5378 has this weird "ghost clicking" issue. Whenever the touchscreen driver (HID-compliant touch screen) was active the screen would start to "auto click" itself near the right side of the screen (sometimes all over the screen). Is there a way to fix this?...
  10. My new Dell Inspiron 13 5378 touchscreen won't work

My new Dell Inspiron 13 5378 touchscreen won't work: My new Dell Inspiron 13 5378 laptop's touchscreen just stopped working on me. I am not sure if it was after an update or not. I have already googled ways to fix it, and disabling and re-enabling the touchscreen through the device manager didn't work. All drivers are up to...