Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen -...

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen -... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen - nor BIOS enter Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop 4GB DDR3 RAM / i3-4005U / SSD 240GB / Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lse123polis, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen -...

Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen - nor BIOS enter Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop 4GB DDR3 RAM / i3-4005U / SSD 240GB / Windows 10 Home Had problems with booting -- did Not boot - a black screen - nor BIOS enter screen - nothing just Black Screen... I tried to debug the problem. Disconnected Mouse USB wireless transceiver... followed this:https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000130881/dell-pc-does-not-turn-on-or-boot-into-windows Performed a hard reset. Achieved Boot OK, after this, boot into Windows 10 - upgraded Windows 10 to ...1766 and ... have run some Suppor

:)

Lse123polis, Jun 28, 2022
  2. trinsic Win User

Clone HDD to SSD boot failure on a Dell Inspiron 15 3567

Hi I have a Inspiron 15 3567 Laptop that I recently cloned a SATA hdd over to a new samsung 860 SATA SSD using Macrium Reflect. After the clone, I installed the SSD and attempted to boot. (without the HDD hooked up). Windows 10 appears like its booting, but after 35 seconds at the boot screen, the system reboots and I get this screen:

Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen -... [​IMG]

I tried the following, but the same problem occurs:
    • Cloned the HDD from the Laptop with secure boot off and on different hardware.
    • Added a second boot entry to point to the efi boot and attempted to boot from the file.
    • disabled and enabled secure boot.
    • Cleared the security keys (After backing them up)
    • I ran the fixboot tool from macrium.

Here is a screen shot of the BIOS

Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen -... [​IMG]

For reference, Support Assist doesnt even see the SSD (I cloned all the partitions)

The SSD boots fine in another configuration, but it does not boot in the laptop itself so I know its not the clone. I'm pretty sure its a BIOS setting that I have over looked. Has anyone experienced this?

trinsic, Jun 28, 2022
  3. RonMackie Win User
    Camera on Dell Inspiron working but black screen

Hi, the camera on my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop appears to be working with power light on, and actions on screen, but no picture the screen is black.

Have tried all suggestions, reset, uninstall, update driver etc to no avail

Ron

RonMackie, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen -...

Boot problems with Dell Inspiron Laptop

Ok so the problems with my Dell Inspiron 5577 laptop started when it closed while performing a factory reset. Ever sonce then its been unable to boot up. Now when i turn it on it askes me to enter the system password, when i do so it just says “cannot
    find enabled boot device/media.”. I have no idea what is wrong with this thing, please let me know any suggestions you have.

CalebPelmas, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen -...

1. Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen -... - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 5558

2. Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen -...: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen - nor BIOS enter Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop 4GB DDR3 RAM / i3-4005U / SSD 240GB / Windows 10 Home Had problems with booting -- did Not boot - a black screen - nor BIOS enter screen - nothing just Black Screen... I...
  3. Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen -...: Has problems with booting -- Do Not boot - a black screen - nor BIOS enter Dell Inspiron 15 5558 Laptop 4GB DDR3 RAM / i3-4005U / SSD 240GB / Windows 10 Home Had problems with booting -- did Not boot - a black screen - nor BIOS enter screen - nothing just Black Screen... I...
  4. Infinite boot loop, dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite boot loop, dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop: Hi, I recently inherited a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series gaming laptop from my grandfather after his passing. After copying or saving elsewhere any important documents, photos, or other information, I opted to do a complete factory reset of the system, wiping all the data in...
  5. Infinite boot loop, dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite boot loop, dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop: Hi, I recently inherited a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series gaming laptop from my grandfather after his passing. After copying or saving elsewhere any important documents, photos, or other information, I opted to do a complete factory reset of the system, wiping all the data in...
  6. I didn't changed anything in the internals [Dell Inspiron 15 5558]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I didn't changed anything in the internals [Dell Inspiron 15 5558]: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/charan_v2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ilqj4i/i_didnt_changed_anything_in_the_internals_dell/
  7. laptop inspiron 5558

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop inspiron 5558: keybord not working at the time of starting password entry. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-inspiron-5558/1c291c78-6b23-41ea-8f51-67f2c58af3fb
  8. Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot in a Dell Inspiron 15 7559: Hello everyone. I've recently intalled Ubuntu 20.04 in a HD containing a partition with Windows in aDell Inspiron 15 7559. During the installation, everything went fine, but as soon as the notebook restarted, it keptshowing the following error: PXE-EGP: Media test...
  9. Boot problems with Dell Inspiron Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot problems with Dell Inspiron Laptop: Ok so the problems with my Dell Inspiron 5577 laptop started when it closed while performing a factory reset. Ever sonce then its been unable to boot up. Now when i turn it on it askes me to enter the system password, when i do so it just says “cannot find enabled boot...
  10. change boot sequence on dell inspiron 15 5000 series laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    change boot sequence on dell inspiron 15 5000 series laptop: As stated above, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. I need to change the boot order to check my usb drive first. (to use a recovery drive I jut made). I can get to the UEFI screen, but I can't figure out how to add a usb to the boot order. Can anyone tell me...