Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 15 5559 wont complete Windows 10 setup after installation

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 15 5559 wont complete Windows 10 setup after installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I foolishly bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5559 laptop that I knew had dropped and had some functional issues. When I bought it, the guy was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DarenWalker, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Dell Inspiron 15 5559 wont complete Windows 10 setup after installation

Hi all,

I foolishly bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5559 laptop that I knew had dropped and had some functional issues. When I bought it, the guy was trying to setup Windows after resetting it. A couple times he completed setup all the way to Services and then suddenly the whole setup reset to Welcome Screen. He also told me it had to be plugged in to work because the battery was not detected.

I figured it was maybe a hdd issue and I had an ssd to put in anyhow. Bought it cheap. Stuck my own ssd and completed clean install from usb. Install had a couple hiccups called OOOBE errors, but finally got through. Updated drivers. BIOS could not be updated due to dead battery. Didn't bother to force it.

Performance was a sluggish, touchscreen not working - saying it wasn't connected. I couldn't add a microsoft account for some reason.

Due to many irregularities, I reset windows again. Smooth reset and installation, but almost completed windows 10 setup and it reset to welcome screen. I had just said yes to Cortana and Onedrive when it reset. It remembered some of the installation setup, but wouldn't let me sign in with microsoft account this time. This repeated 3 times.

I should add that I ran memtest86 and had no errors in memory. So, it happened with the sellers hdd, and then same thing happened to my ssd on reset. What do you think is happening? Is something corrupting the hard drives? Affected by dead battery? Bad Board?

Any ideas?

:)

DarenWalker, Dec 4, 2020

2. upgrading dell inspiron 5559 laptop .

Hi

Can I upgrade my dell Inspiron 5559(windows 10 v 1511 OS Build 10586.873) laptop to creators update v 1703.

Sheelnath Kekre, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Camer is not working and touchpad is glitchy on Dell Inspiron 5559

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We are not able to check the error message provided by you from our end, please help us with the error message. For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Are you aware of any changed being made to the PC?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    3. Is the issue specific to only Camera application?

Refer the article to know
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

For the issue related to Camera: I suggest you to refer the article

Camera does not work in Windows 10

For the issue related to touchpad not working: I suggest you to try updating the drivers for touchpad and check if that helps. You can download the drivers from the

Dell website
    and install them.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Dell Inspiron 15 5559 wont complete Windows 10 setup after installation

new dell 5559 inspiron. cortana doesn't work.

new dell 5559 inspiron. cortana doesn't work. Speech recognition is not suppoeted in the current language

kathy d1214, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Dell Inspiron 15 5559 wont complete Windows 10 setup after installation

1. Dell Inspiron 15 5559 wont complete Windows 10 setup after installation - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 5559

2. Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10: Little bit of backstory. My laptop was being really slow and I couldn't get reset my PC to work so I decided to do a clean install of windows 10. One problem is that I didn't have a windows 10 usb or dvd. So I used my windows 8.1 dvd. Bad thing is that windows 8.1 is not...
  3. Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10: Little bit of backstory. My laptop was being really slow and I couldn't get reset my PC to work so I decided to do a clean install of windows 10. One problem is that I didn't have a windows 10 usb or dvd. So I used my windows 8.1 dvd. Bad thing is that windows 8.1 is not...
  4. Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB Device not recognized. Dell Inspiron 5559 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device not recognized. Dell Inspiron 5559 Windows 10: Tried all USB ports...Tried the USB devices on different devices, working fine.Laptop was working fine 2 days ago...USB ports were working.Tried checking all ports...None workAll show same issue...https://kapwi.ng/c/35pjABKc This shows the notification I get on plugging in my...
  6. touchscreen option missing in device manager DELL Inspiron 15 5559

touchscreen option missing in device manager DELL Inspiron 15 5559: I disabled my touchscreen about 8-12 months ago. Now I wanted to enable it but noticed it was missing from device manager menu. When I searched online, I realized that it was due to some windows update. There is no HID Compliant Touch Screen even when I click on 'show hidden...
  7. Factory Reset Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5559

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5559: Hello, So wanted to factory reset my dell laptop, I went through the motion and backed up any files I wanted to save and elected to erase everything else I would not need. The reset took a couple hours and then when it restarted I was prompted to enter some basic...
  8. Camer is not working and touchpad is glitchy on Dell Inspiron 5559

Camer is not working and touchpad is glitchy on Dell Inspiron 5559: hi, i have a dell inspiron 5559 and my camera only works the first time i turn on the laptop, after i close the tape and open it again it appears this error and the camera only works again if i turn off the computer completly and turn it on again. Also, the touchpad...
  9. Windows 10 Reset on Dell inspiron 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Reset on Dell inspiron 15: I got this computer from a family member but it is so slow that when I got into the update and security in settings and try to reset the computer it does not load the next screen when I press the get started button. I would like to do a complete wipe on the computer so I can...
  10. Blue Screen Error Bootloop on Dell Inspiron 5559

Blue Screen Error Bootloop on Dell Inspiron 5559: Hello there, my Dell Inspiron 5559 has be given me issues for sometime now. It started out showing the blue screens after I updated some of my drivers using support assist from the Dell website, I forgot to install some of the recommended drivers the manual ones precisely....