Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 15 5565 refuses to complete Windows 10 Insider Preview u

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 15 5565 refuses to complete Windows 10 Insider Preview u in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Howdy, I posted this on the Dell forums with no luck. I have been trying for six months to get this laptop to successfully update its OS. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lnxguy, Aug 18, 2020.

1. lnxguy Win User

Dell Inspiron 15 5565 refuses to complete Windows 10 Insider Preview u

Howdy,

I posted this on the Dell forums with no luck.

I have been trying for six months to get this laptop to successfully update its OS. It was updating fine until around January, then it stopped working. The updates all download and install fine, but the system fails to complete the update and reverts back to the old version.

This machine is on the list of Dell devices tested to update to Win10 2004, and after dozens of clean installs and manual installs, it still will not finish the update.

I am on version 18363.836 now.

Sometimes I get a pixelated screen and other times, nothing. Just the black screen with the Dell Logo...

I have brought this up on the Microsoft forum, but they have not been able to help. If this laptop is on the list of Dell products that are supposed to work, what is the issue? Dell diagnostics have not revealed a defect in the hardware, so I am getting tired of all these dozens of upgrades that all fail.

Has anyone been able to get this to work on this particular computer?

Thanks...

:)

lnxguy, Aug 18, 2020

2. Dell Inspiron 15 Windows 10 Wireless Drivers

Hi all,

I just came here to post about the Dell Inspiron 15 Wireless driver for Windows 10 for whom who might had problem like me.

After upgrading my Inspiron 15 machine from windows 8.1 to 10, everything were working fine except for my Wireless WIFI which was connecting to my Router with Limited access.

It was really weird as it could connect to other networks correctly and not my router.

I short the story, just foud that the driver is not match with Windows 10 so it's not connecting properly.

I tried several driver but I only could fix it with method bellow and I post it here hope helps others...

I tried to update the driver and Windows couldn't find any.

So, to fix the driver issue which is Dell Wireless 1703, select update driver from list and uncheck the incompatible items to list other incompatible drivers.

The list have an Item named Dell Wireless 1707. Install that and it works.

The driver still shows as 1703 but if you go to driver details you see that the driver in fac is using the 1707 version which works fine.

Hope it helps....

(2015/Aug/10)

SaeidGhazagh, Aug 18, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Dell inspiron 3542

Inspiron 3542 is Windows 10 compatible. It should not cause any problem after the upgradation.

I would suggest you to get the drivers before the upgradation. Get the LAN, WiFi, video and touchpad drivers, save them externally and go for the upgrade.
    After the upgradation is complete, apply the drivers.

Product Support | Dell US

4. tom boy Win User

Dell inspiron 15-3521

Will windows 10 version 1709 work on it? I have version 1703 and it works fine.

Dell Inspiron 15-3521 express service code 26559162469

tom boy, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Dell Inspiron 15 5565 refuses to complete Windows 10 Insider Preview u - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 5565

2. DELL Inspiron 15-3567

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELL Inspiron 15-3567: IntelR CoreTM i5-7200UIt says that my computer currently doensn't meet the minimum requirements.When it says currently , means that in the future will be an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-15-3567/8a4b2203-3f72-4cde-a5f2-bacd9c7500bd
  3. DELL Inspiron 15-3567

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL Inspiron 15-3567: IntelR CoreTM i5-7200UIt says that my computer currently doensn't meet the minimum requirements.When it says currently , means that in the future will be an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-15-3567/8a4b2203-3f72-4cde-a5f2-bacd9c7500bd
  4. Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10: Little bit of backstory. My laptop was being really slow and I couldn't get reset my PC to work so I decided to do a clean install of windows 10. One problem is that I didn't have a windows 10 usb or dvd. So I used my windows 8.1 dvd. Bad thing is that windows 8.1 is not...
  5. Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10: Little bit of backstory. My laptop was being really slow and I couldn't get reset my PC to work so I decided to do a clean install of windows 10. One problem is that I didn't have a windows 10 usb or dvd. So I used my windows 8.1 dvd. Bad thing is that windows 8.1 is not...
  6. Dell Inspiron 15 5565 Not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't install windows 10 upper than 1909 on dell inspiron 5565

Can't install windows 10 upper than 1909 on dell inspiron 5565: Hi! I have dell inspiron 5565 laptop and i cant install windows 10 os upper than 19092004 and upper. When i try install it from flashcard lapton just freeze or start restarting. When i try install updates from 1909 laptop also frezzes after restarting. I think it's because...
  8. Dell Inspiron refuse to completely shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron refuse to completely shutdown: I am having a problem with the Dell Inspiron 7370. When it comes to shutting down the machine, sometimes the screen goes off but I can still see the backlight keyboard keys lights + sound of the running device? I am now having no other options but to apply Force Shutdown by...
  9. Dell Inspiron 5565 with AMD A9 will not update to any version of Windows 10.

Dell Inspiron 5565 with AMD A9 will not update to any version of Windows 10.: I was running Fast Ring Insider versions and beginning in January or so, all the OS upgrade have failed to update after the system is rebooted and it rolls back to version 18363. I have tried many, many clean installs and in-place upgrades with no change. I tried to get...
  10. Windows 10 Reset on Dell inspiron 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Reset on Dell inspiron 15: I got this computer from a family member but it is so slow that when I got into the update and security in settings and try to reset the computer it does not load the next screen when I press the get started button. I would like to do a complete wipe on the computer so I can...