Windows 10: Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the last few days my touchpad has stopped working on windows 10. My system has a dual boot setup. I have installed windows 10 and ubuntu on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shivamaggarwal3, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10

For the last few days my touchpad has stopped working on windows 10. My system has a dual boot setup. I have installed windows 10 and ubuntu on my system. Touchpad works fine in Ubuntu, but has problems in windows 10. There was an article regarding updating the driver, but I couldn't do that. I am attaching the image of device manager. There is no drive name "touchpad" in there. Only HID Mouse is available, which may be the driver of external mouse that I am using.

Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10 6054f9dc-2d93-41f3-8cf2-e3756ad1d4e6?upload=true.jpg

Thanks

:)

shivamaggarwal3, Nov 9, 2020

2. Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series Windows 10 Touch pad Driver issue

Hello, I have Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series Windows 10. I bought it two years ago. The touch pad doesn't work any more. I have tried to troubleshooting it by going to Device Manager and Mouse & others... however There is not drive for the touch pad. Another
    option I took was, by typing touch pad in the search box then looked for mouse then touch pad option, No luck. I finnaly learnt the laptop don't have the Driver? Dell support website don't list the Driver on its website! please help?

Petros

petrostsegaye, Nov 9, 2020
  3. LijishL Win User
    Touch Pad not working in dell inspiron 15 5558 after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

i have a brand new dell inspiron 15 5558 with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD, it came with windows 8.1 and i have upgraded to windows 10.

after upgrading to windows 10 the touch pad is not working , it will work for few minutes after restarting and it will stop when i double tap or automatically stops after few minutes.

i have contacted DELL and they said there is not driver required for that touch pad in windows 10 and its something related to windows 10 OS and suggested to rollback to windows 8.1 which i was not happy to do,

i am looking for a permanent solution for this issue in windows 10.

can somebody help me out on this issue

thanks in advance.

LijishL, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10

My touch pad stopped working.

I installed Windows 10 in my Dell inspiron 15 3000 series and the touch pad stopped working. There is no driver for the touch pad and I have tried to download it from the internet but it does not work. I t says that your device is not compatible. The driver
    is also named as unknown device. I think that is the problem but i still can not solve it. Hope that you can suggest something that works.

AimenSajid, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10

1. Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dell inspiron touch

2. My touch pad stopped working in Dell Inspiron 15 3000. Please help me out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touch pad stopped working in Dell Inspiron 15 3000. Please help me out.: My touch pad stopped working all of a sudden in Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. Please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touch-pad-stopped-working-in-dell-inspiron-15/bb570196-7609-4ef5-a966-1a806d8d17de
  3. My touch pad stopped working in Dell Inspiron 15 3000. Please help me out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touch pad stopped working in Dell Inspiron 15 3000. Please help me out.: My touch pad stopped working all of a sudden in Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. Please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touch-pad-stopped-working-in-dell-inspiron-15/bb570196-7609-4ef5-a966-1a806d8d17de
  4. In-Built Keyboard not working with Dell Inspiron 15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In-Built Keyboard not working with Dell Inspiron 15: Hi, I restarted my laptop yesterday and just without any updates the laptop keyboard had stopped working. First i updated laptop and restarted, it didnt work. Then i uninstalled the keyboard drivers standard/ps2 and restarted the laptop, still didnt work. Then i...
  5. Left click not working on Dell touch pad, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click not working on Dell touch pad, Windows 10: Checked settings, primary is left click, tried deleting and Installing the driver, still no luck. What can be done? submitted by /u/advaitha_ram [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hoh3wk/left_click_not_working_on_dell_touch_pad_windows/
  6. Touch Screen not working Dell Inspiron 15 3552

Touch Screen not working Dell Inspiron 15 3552: Hi, Recently my touch screen stopped working and I checked "Device Manager" "Show Hidden Devices" there was no HID-Compliant Touch Screen, so I hope to find a solution. Regards, TBNRbatman47455...
  7. Dell Inspiron 17 Touch Screen not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Inspiron 17 Touch Screen not working: I have a Dell Inspiron 17 running Windows 10 version 1903 and my touch screen stopped working. Any suggestions I can try to get it back up and working?...
  8. Windows 10 Reset on Dell inspiron 15

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Reset on Dell inspiron 15: I got this computer from a family member but it is so slow that when I got into the update and security in settings and try to reset the computer it does not load the next screen when I press the get started button. I would like to do a complete wipe on the computer so I can...
  9. DELL Inspiron 3147 Touch pad "2 finger" scroll dont work.

DELL Inspiron 3147 Touch pad "2 finger" scroll dont work.: DELL Inspiron 3147 Touch pad "2 finger" scroll dont work. The pointer works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-3147-touch-pad-2-finger-scroll-dont/79088348-d4f6-4462-9b43-1d8a8c814292
  10. dell inspiron 15 tablet mode not working

dell inspiron 15 tablet mode not working: my husband recently buy me a dell Inspiron 15 I am very upset because I have tried everything they suggested to switch from laptop to tablet mode and nothing seem to work that's very disappointed for me because I have RA, and SLE disease and severe osteoporosis: I need help...