Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 1545 Update From W7 Home Premium to W10 Home

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 1545 Update From W7 Home Premium to W10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can a Dell Inspiron 1545, currently running Windows 7 Home Premium be updated to Windows 10 Home? Last month I unearthed a long forgotten Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dexman, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Dexman Win User

Dell Inspiron 1545 Update From W7 Home Premium to W10 Home

Can a Dell Inspiron 1545, currently running Windows 7 Home Premium be updated to Windows 10 Home?

Last month I unearthed a long forgotten Dell Inspiron 1545 from the back of a cabinet at my church. I was able to hack the unit (the person who donated it is no longer with us and, when contacted via Facebook, indicated that she did not remember what the password is).

Here are the specs that I think need to be considered:

. Processor: Pentium Dual Core T4300 2.1GHz

. RAM: 4GB

. Hard Drive: 218.2GB (172.66GB free)

. Screen Resolution: 1366x768x59

. Graphics Card: Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

(GMA 4500 MHD)

( 8.15.10.1808)

I checked Dell's support forum and the answer appears to be "yes", but, it seems like people ran into various issues.

While the laptop is a dinosaur by today's standards, it appears to be in fine shape. It runs well (once I got it fully updated and installed Norton). About the only thing it would need is a new battery pack as the old one drains in under an hour. The lack of Bluetooth and touchscreen are downers, but I purchased an HP wireless mouse that works well with it.

If it can be updated, is there anything specific that I need to be aware of? Replacement battery packs are listed online, and, I'd be willing to spring for one if the computer can be brought up to W10.

��

:)

Dexman, Nov 24, 2019

2. DELL INSPIRON 1545 LAPTOP, WINDOWS 10 & BLUETOOTH

As per subject my dell Inspiron 1545 is compatible with windows 10 but Bluetooth can not be used with windows 10. suggest perfect workable solutions for the problem. I tried many ways but no use.

RajeshMaradia, Nov 24, 2019
  3. scopio Win User
    Upgrade Dell Inspiron 1545 to Win 10 fails

FYI updating the BIOS to A14 did not solve the issue, the upgrade to Win 10 failed at the same point Updating 75%. So I will start again with zbook suggestions.

scopio, Nov 24, 2019
  4. scopio Win User

Upgrade Dell Inspiron 1545 to Win 10 fails

1. Today I have created a Windows 10 ISO and burnedit to DVD.
    2. Inserted the DVD in the optical drive andmounted it to extract gatherosstate.exe
    3. Copied it to the desktop launched it and copiedthe GenuineTicket.xml file to a flash drive
    4. Restarted the pc to install Windows 10 Pro 32bit
    5. Windows installed without any issues
    6. Opened File Explorer to the %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\ClipSVC\GenuineTicket
    7. Copied GenuineTicket.xml to the folder
    8. Restarted Windows
    9. Checked it was activated which it was!
    10. Checked for Windows Updates and downloaded and installed them
    11. Installed Macrium Reflect Free
    12. Created Boot Menu
    13. Created and verified an image
    I have not installed any third-party software yet.
    The only issues I have now is with the display where the sign in screen is extremely fuzzy, all other screens are fine as are web images and YouTube videos as far as I have tested.
    I have am now running chkdsk C: /r /v will post back with the result.
    The display issue is as Windows advised when I tried to do the upgrade in earlier attempts the "I would have some problems with your display in Windows 10" because of Mobile Intel (R7) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1) Intel Corporation which as can be seen from the screenshot below Windows Updates has also installed. There are no new updates for the Mobile Intel (R7) 4 Series Express Chipset Family*Sad

Dell Inspiron 1545 Update From W7 Home Premium to W10 Home [​IMG]

OS installed

The reason for installing a 32bit OS is for the ACPI as shown below and because the Windows 8 Pro previously installed was a 32bit version too.

Still nothing shows for chkdsk C: /r /v in Event Viewer *Confused

All in all, the update went fine thanks to zbook and HeM for their knowledge and experience *Cool*Cool

scopio, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Dell Inspiron 1545 Update From W7 Home Premium to W10 Home - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 1545

2. Does Dell Inspiron 1545 support windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Dell Inspiron 1545 support windows 10?: Hi, Recently I was trying to update to Windows 10 on my Inspiron 1545 using the Media Creation Tool, and it won't work. Everytime I try using "Update this PC now" I always get one of these two error codes: 0x800704B8 - 0x3001A The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase...
  3. How do I share files/folders between W10 and W7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I share files/folders between W10 and W7 Home Premium: I had an Asus laptop which shared everything with my Desktop (both on W7 Home Premium) - no problems setting up or using. I replaced the Asus with a W10 laptop and I have gone through the sharing process on both machines. When I try the access the W7 from W10 I get a message...
  4. Upgrade Dell Inspiron 1545 to Win 10 fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Dell Inspiron 1545 to Win 10 fails: This laptop came with Vista and I was able to upgrade it to Windows 8 Pro and both keys are found in the system by ShowKey Plus Further to my thread Application that will check the compatibility of all existing hardware I have opened this new thread which is about upgrade...
  5. W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network: Unfortunately my laptop had to be rolled back to W7 due to driver issues after the version 1803 update. Now I cannot get my home networking sharing working. I can see both computers but get "you do not have permission to access>>>>" warning on both pc when trying to access...
  6. Updates for W10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates for W10 Home: Microsoft made the following announcement... ..... those with Windows 10 Home will have updates from Windows Update made available automatically. Only Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise users will be able to defer updates...... For W10 Home Users does ".... made...
  7. display problems after W10 upgrade from W7 home premium;

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display problems after W10 upgrade from W7 home premium;: Have twice tried to go to W10 from W7 home premium (64 bit)on my gateway DX4300 w AMD phenom II X64 2.60 GHz and 8GB RAM. Integrated ATI Radeon 3200HD graphics. Both times same problems. 1. Display no longer fills entire monitor screen and I cannot find a scaling adjustment...
  8. W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer

W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer: My W10-pro desktop does not show the W10-home on the multiboot laptop in Explorer whatever setting I use but it showed W7-home on that laptop as soon as I switched to it. I can Ping the laptop both in W7-home and W10-home. W10-home on the laptop however showes all shared...
  9. W10 Home x64 (via upgrade W7 Home Premium) upgrade to W10 Pro by DVD

W10 Home x64 (via upgrade W7 Home Premium) upgrade to W10 Pro by DVD: Windows 10 Home x64 in use. This W10 is activated after upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium. Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home with a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro DVD and a valid key ? The current Windows 10 Home x64 has applications...
  10. Upgraded from W7 Pro, and got W10 Home...

Upgraded from W7 Pro, and got W10 Home...: Hi all, Done a fair bit of searching and my problem seems to be fairly unique. Long story short, I had W10 Home installed, formatted and installed an unused copy of W7 Pro, used the W10 Upgrade Assistant to upgrade to W10 again expecting to then have W10 Pro, but it still...