Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 17 Touch Screen not working

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 17 Touch Screen not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 17 running Windows 10 version 1903 and my touch screen stopped working. Any suggestions I can try to get it back up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Beckymeyer2, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Dell Inspiron 17 Touch Screen not working

I have a Dell Inspiron 17 running Windows 10 version 1903 and my touch screen stopped working. Any suggestions I can try to get it back up and working?

:)

Beckymeyer2, Oct 7, 2019

2. Touch Screen - Dell Inspiron 7370

Sometimes, touch screen won't work in my laptop. Model is Dell Inspiron 7370.

DianneRoco, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Touch Screen Not Working, Dell Inspiron?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You might be facing this issue due to an outdated or corrupted touch screen drivers.

I suggest you to check the status of the device in the device manager. You may refer to the following steps below.

• Go to Control panel, Click on the Device manager.

• Right click on the display adapter.

• Now go to properties and check the status.

I suggest you to try the following methods and verify the result.

Method 1: Please run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:
    Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “Hardware and Sound

• Select "Hardware and Devices"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Enable Touch screen features.

a) Press Windows key + R

b) Click Control Panel.

c) Go to Hardware and Sound.

d) Click on Pen and touch.

e) Click the touch tab.

f) Enable use your finger as an input.

Method 3: Uninstall and re-install touch screen/mouse drivers:

a) Press Windows key + X and click device manager.

b) Select ‘Device manager’ and then locate‘Mice and other pointing devices’ and expand the same.

c) Right-click on the touchpad/mouse and then uninstall the drivers.

You may refer to the following links for additional information:

a) Touch: swipe, tap, and beyond:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/touch-swipe-tap-beyond

b) Touch and pen settings: Frequently asked questions:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/touch-pen-settings-frequently-asked-questions

Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 7, 2019
  4. newnewZZ Win User

Dell Inspiron 17 Touch Screen not working

Touch Screen not working in Windows 10

Original Title: Touch screen

New Dell Inspiron 3542Touch Screen. Touch worked on arrival. Touch Screen does not work now. It is not listed in Device Manager, shows "standard PnP Basic Screen" on touch abilities. How can it just disappear from list? everything else works. I loaned it
    to a neighbor for a trip. Can a processor for this be removed?

newnewZZ, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Dell Inspiron 17 Touch Screen not working

1. Dell Inspiron 17 Touch Screen not working - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron Touch

2. My Dell Inspiron 16 5630 had the Touch Screen But It's gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell Inspiron 16 5630 had the Touch Screen But It's gone.: I did not uninstall it. I talked with Dell and they told me to contact Microsoft. I also looked for it on the Microsoft Update Catalog and I could not find it.I need the Driver exe. again to download.Please HelpYour my only hope for my laptop to have the touch Screen again!...
  3. My Dell Inspiron 16 5630 had the Touch Screen But It's gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dell Inspiron 16 5630 had the Touch Screen But It's gone.: I did not uninstall it. I talked with Dell and they told me to contact Microsoft. I also looked for it on the Microsoft Update Catalog and I could not find it.I need the Driver exe. again to download.Please HelpYour my only hope for my laptop to have the touch Screen again!...
  4. Kernel_security_check_failure on Dell Inspiron 17 7000 won’t restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel_security_check_failure on Dell Inspiron 17 7000 won’t restart: I have a Dell Inspiron 17 7000 bought in March 2020 so about nine months old. Was turning on tonight, loaded normally, then blue screen on death within a couple minutes. Ran through its percentage bar suggesting it would restart, but its now over an hour stuck at 100%...
  5. Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10: For the last few days my touchpad has stopped working on windows 10. My system has a dual boot setup. I have installed windows 10 and ubuntu on my system. Touchpad works fine in Ubuntu, but has problems in windows 10. There was an article regarding updating the driver, but I...
  6. Touch Screen not working Dell Inspiron 15 3552

Touch Screen not working Dell Inspiron 15 3552: Hi, Recently my touch screen stopped working and I checked "Device Manager" "Show Hidden Devices" there was no HID-Compliant Touch Screen, so I hope to find a solution. Regards, TBNRbatman47455...
  7. Camera on Dell Inspiron working but black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera on Dell Inspiron working but black screen: Hi, the camera on my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop appears to be working with power light on, and actions on screen, but no picture the screen is black. Have tried all suggestions, reset, uninstall, update driver etc to no avail Ron...
  8. Dell Inspiron 17 3000 Setup - Keyboard problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 17 3000 Setup - Keyboard problems: I am setting up a new Dell Inspiron 17 3000 Laptop Win 10 but the keyboard does not function with 'Enter your country and birthdate' during the Windows account setup process, nor does the Windows key function work. The region settings are UK. I am not interested in setting...
  9. HDMI output not working on my Dell Inspiron 17

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI output not working on my Dell Inspiron 17: My laptop will not longer connect to my Dell monitor via HDMI. I have used three different cables, none work. I have verified it is not the monitor nor the HDMI cable by connecting another device to the monitor via that cable... so I have concluded it must be the actual HDMI...
  10. DELL Inspiron 3147 Touch pad "2 finger" scroll dont work.

DELL Inspiron 3147 Touch pad "2 finger" scroll dont work.: DELL Inspiron 3147 Touch pad "2 finger" scroll dont work. The pointer works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-3147-touch-pad-2-finger-scroll-dont/79088348-d4f6-4462-9b43-1d8a8c814292

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell inspiron 17 windows 10 windows hello not working

2. touchscreen not working dell inspiron

3. inspiron 17-7779 touch pad not working after update 1903

4. what happens if i unistall my touchsreen dell7548