Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 2n1 do not auto-rotate

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 2n1 do not auto-rotate in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I own a Dell Inspiron 5000 2 in 1. The issue is it stops auto-rotate. I've checked some forum posts already, but nothing works. I don't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JanMácha, Jan 20, 2021.

1. JanMácha Win User

Dell Inspiron 2n1 do not auto-rotate

Hello,
    I own a Dell Inspiron 5000 2 in 1. The issue is it stops auto-rotate. I've checked some forum posts already, but nothing works. I don't even have a rotation button or any other button to switch it on. So wheter I am in laptop or tablet mode, it doesn't rotate. Thanks for your time.

:)

JanMácha, Jan 20, 2021
  2. AllenDave Win User

Dell Inspiron 2n1 will not auto rotate

I am writing this because I bought this device and couldn't figure out how to get auto rotate to work. Now that I have discovered the solution I wanted to share it with everyone.

If you have a problem getting your Dell 2n1 to auto rotate because the feature is grayed out these are the steps I used to solve the problem.

1. Click on the action center icon, it is located on the far right side of the task bar which is located on the bottom of the screen.

Dell Inspiron 2n1 do not auto-rotate b2eb6190-909a-485f-90ff-dbc78f6d4db1.png

The action center icon looks like this.

Dell Inspiron 2n1 do not auto-rotate 5a41e623-0cee-4c27-8702-4d3586251a35.png

The action center icon looks like this if you have notifications.

2. When you click on the action center icon you will see the tablet mode icon and the auto rotate icon (auto rotate will be grayed out).

Dell Inspiron 2n1 do not auto-rotate 3e210754-502e-4425-8c02-3069238270dd.png

3. Select the tablet mode icon to put your device in tablet mode.

4. Now here is the trick, you must place your device into a position that requires auto rotate before auto rotate will become selectable.

5. Flip your device over so that the screen is upside down, you can do this by either placing the keyboard against the back of the screen and then flipping the device upside down or flip the device over and have it stand up like a tent so that the screen
    is upside down.

6. Now wait a few seconds and then go back to the action center and the auto rotate icon should be selectable.

7. Select the auto rotate icon and the screen should rotate, it may take a few seconds before it rotates. Now the device should auto rotate each time you place it in a position that requires auto rotate.

8. Now the next time you flip your device over you may see a dialog box appear asking if you want to switch to tablet mode. This is because you have "ask me before switching to tablet mode" selected in the display setting under tablet mode. To change this
    go to "setting" "display" "tablet mode".

Since you have already activated the auto rotate option, the device does not require you to be in tablet mode for it to auto rotate. If you don't want to be asked about going in and out of tablet mode just change the option in the display settings.

Dell Inspiron 2n1 do not auto-rotate 3cdad01e-0714-4006-b116-e1e33f6b2661.png

9. However..... you must be in tablet mode if you want your device to auto rotate to portrait mode when you turn it side ways.

AllenDave, Jan 20, 2021
  3. 2n1 Rotation Lock with Dual Monitors

I recently set up two View Sonic Monitors which I've been using along with my Dell Inspiron 5591 2n1. I can't seem to ungrey/access rotation lock to allow me to keep one of the View Sonic monitors rotated automatically. Any suggestions on how to do that?
    I imagine the difficulty is because the main display is the Inspiron which has the tablet mode.

DanielFriedman5, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Dell Inspiron 2n1 do not auto-rotate

Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Dell Inspiron 2n1 do not auto-rotate

1. Dell Inspiron 2n1 do not auto-rotate - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 2n1

2. 2n1 Rotation Lock with Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    2n1 Rotation Lock with Dual Monitors: I recently set up two View Sonic Monitors which I've been using along with my Dell Inspiron 5591 2n1. I can't seem to ungrey/access rotation lock to allow me to keep one of the View Sonic monitors rotated automatically. Any suggestions on how to do that? I imagine the...
  3. auto rotation

auto rotation: auto rotation does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotation/67d77ca5-c144-400c-8cbe-779f9d21d4a0
  4. Screen Auto-rotation for DELL Inspiron 15-5568 not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Auto-rotation for DELL Inspiron 15-5568 not working.: Hi,I am using DELL Inspiron 15-5568 (2-in-1) and it has installed Windows 10 Home Single Language in it,everything was working fine but the previous update the auto rotation has totally disappeared. I tried many things seeing from the internet but nothing worked ,there is no...
  5. Screen Auto-rotation for DELL Inspiron 15-5568 not working.

Screen Auto-rotation for DELL Inspiron 15-5568 not working.: Hi,I am using DELL Inspiron 15-5568 (2-in-1) and it has installed Windows 10 Home Single Language in it,everything was working fine but the previous update the auto rotation has totally disappeared. I tried many things seeing from the internet but nothing worked ,there is no...
  6. Auto Rotate

Auto Rotate: How do I get Auto Rotate to stay on when I go between PC and Tablet. I like to use it in Tablet Mode. Are how do I get it to turn on. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotate/e8c8596d-cfba-41f3-8186-7111c8284ab7
  7. auto rotate

auto rotate: Why is there no allow auto rotate option since last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotate/52cf6afa-33d4-4455-8d47-1a2f6cb56a0f
  8. auto-rotating

auto-rotating: How can I make my windows tablet auto rotate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotating/ee898242-2b27-45e9-b96e-d3578554f0cd
  9. Auto rotation

Auto rotation: How do I turn off auto rotation it is grayed out on my windows 10 HP laptop after the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotation/190acc45-cb33-4bd6-b924-a814b18fe08d
  10. Dell Inspiron 7568 2-in-1 screen won't auto rotate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron 7568 2-in-1 screen won't auto rotate: Hi, when using the laptop in tablet mode or tent mode the screen does not rotate accordingly. I installed the ST Microelectronics Free Fall Sensor Application but in Device Manager I only see "HID Sensor" under the Sensor category, nothing STM-related. Also, no conflicts in...