Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 3147 won't wake from sleep mode

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 3147 won't wake from sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a second hand Dell Inspiron 3147. It's running the A12 BIOS. I can't for the life of me get it to wake from sleep. I tried researching this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by striper, Oct 23, 2018.

1. striper Win User

Dell Inspiron 3147 won't wake from sleep mode

I bought a second hand Dell Inspiron 3147. It's running the A12 BIOS. I can't for the life of me get it to wake from sleep.

I tried researching this issue but nothing seems to work. I have a fresh Windows 10 Home install. I went to the Dell website and downloaded all the suggested drivers. I looked for power management settings under keyboard but it is missing on my machine. It's also missing in the mouse options. I ran the follow command in an elevated command prompt: powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any. Doesn't show the keyboard or mouse as being able to wake the machine. The touchscreen was listed but that doesn't work. The power button is listed but it doesn't wake the machine either. I set all of the HID devices to be able to wake the laptop, no go.

In power options, I tried setting the machine to shutdown once the lid is closed but it just goes black. I tried setting it to do nothing but my touchpad driver crashes after the screen turns back on. I have to reboot using the keyboard every time....

Also, suspend mode doesn't work in linux which leads me to believe it's an issue with the BIOS. Should I try reverting to another BIOS?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

:)

striper, Oct 23, 2018
  2. oscarperezvc Win User

my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Oct 23, 2018
  3. m6soto Win User
    Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

PHEW! It can wake from sleep now!

OMFG. Poisonsnak, you are a freakin' genius. I know your post is over 4 years old, but it just saved my behind! My Dad's Dell Inspiron 530S has been having really junky wake from sleep, but now, turning the default S3 to S1, it can wake just fine from sleep!!! Now I've got to take a power meter to it and see how much juice it sucks in standby.

Thanks a million!

m6soto, Oct 23, 2018
  4. CTY111 Win User

CTY111, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell Inspiron 3147 won't wake from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 3147

2. Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Multiple computers won't wake out of sleep mode/start in sleep mode: My computer would not boot up, and I tried everything I knew to get it to work to no avail. Got a new computer, everything was fine until - it went into sleep mode and wouldn't wake up. Reboot = sleep mode and won't wake up. All I have is a black screen. I've tried switching...
  3. Dell Inspiron 3543 wake from sleep issue.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 3543 wake from sleep issue.: Hello All, Below is my laptop details Laptop Model: Dell inspiron 3543 OS: Win 10 Pro 64Bit (ver 1803) Build: 17134.345 BIOS ver: 05.06.05 Processor: i3 Ram : 8GB HDD: 1TB I am facing a issue related to wake from sleep, where when i put my laptop to sleep either...
  4. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: Did look trough the forum, but no solution PC won't respond from mouse or keyboard when in sleep mode. Did unchecked and rechecked the USB device "allow the device to wake up" Pressing the power switch will restart pc in a fresh boot-up, All files closed. No error message....
  5. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...
  6. Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep: PC turns on from mouse key or keyboard key , monitor's green power light is on but screen dark. -Have jiggled power cord to pc, both ends of monitor's cable to pc but nothing happens. -Have checked both keyboard and mouse hardware settings and they are set to "wake" -Have...
  7. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834
  8. Waking up from sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking up from sleep mode issue: Every time I wake up my pc, all my desktop shortcuts have dissapeared and all my running apps show they are still running. However whenever I click on that app on the task bar, that app never opens. Any advice. All my graphics drivers are up to date. I do have a second hdd...
  9. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: I hear the computer turn back on and the light is on, but the screen is still black. My mouse and keyboard are unresponsive (can't turn backlight on). I have to do a hard shut down. When it's back on, it's like it woke up from sleep mode, not a fresh restart. This just...
  10. Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem With Waking Up From Sleep Mode: Hello all. I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 which runs Windows 10. It was working perfectly fine for 1 year, but over the last few days, when I put it in sleep mode and press a key/move my mouse it won't wake up. Normally (back when it worked), when it was in sleep mode and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Dell Inspiron 3147 windows 10 wake from sleep