Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 3147 won't wake from sleep mode

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 3147 won't wake from sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a second hand Dell Inspiron 3147. It's running the A12 BIOS. I can't for the life of me get it to wake from sleep. I tried researching this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by striper, Oct 23, 2018.

1. striper Win User

Dell Inspiron 3147 won't wake from sleep mode

I bought a second hand Dell Inspiron 3147. It's running the A12 BIOS. I can't for the life of me get it to wake from sleep.

I tried researching this issue but nothing seems to work. I have a fresh Windows 10 Home install. I went to the Dell website and downloaded all the suggested drivers. I looked for power management settings under keyboard but it is missing on my machine. It's also missing in the mouse options. I ran the follow command in an elevated command prompt: powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any. Doesn't show the keyboard or mouse as being able to wake the machine. The touchscreen was listed but that doesn't work. The power button is listed but it doesn't wake the machine either. I set all of the HID devices to be able to wake the laptop, no go.

In power options, I tried setting the machine to shutdown once the lid is closed but it just goes black. I tried setting it to do nothing but my touchpad driver crashes after the screen turns back on. I have to reboot using the keyboard every time....

Also, suspend mode doesn't work in linux which leads me to believe it's an issue with the BIOS. Should I try reverting to another BIOS?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

:)

striper, Oct 23, 2018

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Oct 23, 2018
  3. m6soto Win User
    Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

PHEW! It can wake from sleep now!

OMFG. Poisonsnak, you are a freakin' genius. I know your post is over 4 years old, but it just saved my behind! My Dad's Dell Inspiron 530S has been having really junky wake from sleep, but now, turning the default S3 to S1, it can wake just fine from sleep!!! Now I've got to take a power meter to it and see how much juice it sucks in standby.

Thanks a million!

m6soto, Oct 23, 2018
  4. CTY111 Win User

CTY111, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Dell Inspiron 3147 won't wake from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 3147

2. Computer won't wake from sleep mode on occasion

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from sleep mode on occasion: Long story short, I have a copy of Windows 10 with the latest updates as of writing this on an Intel 10700K, 32Gb RAM, Asus 3080 ROG Strix OC and a Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro motherboard, Razer Deathadder wired mouse and a Corsair Strafe Mechanical RGB wired Keyboard. Most often...
  3. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

PC won't wake up from sleep mode: After my PC goes to sleep it won't wake up no matter which button I press when I'm trying to resume my work. The only option is to restart the PC by pressing the Power button. Please, pay attention to this issue as it is going on for months and many other users have...
  4. Waking from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  5. ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model UX490UAR System Type x64-based PC SMBIOS Version 3.0 Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or...
  6. Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10)

Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10): Since this question is closed for new comments I suggest we reopen it. Computer won't wake from sleep mode (Windows 10) Prior to the latest update the PC won't wake up from sleep. I do not know if this is a HW specific problem, drivers or whatever... but I need to know...
  7. how do i wake up my dell inspiron from sleep mode?

how do i wake up my dell inspiron from sleep mode?: how do i wake up my dell inspiron from sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-wake-up-my-dell-inspiron-from-sleep-mode/3e233d1c-b865-4a1b-a46d-15045e81beda
  8. computere won't wake up from 'sleep' mode

computere won't wake up from 'sleep' mode: when computer put to sleep or sleeps automatically it many times won't wake up from this mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computere-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-mode/4ed6841b-76d7-4dfa-868a-d1fe707b06a4
  9. Dell Inspiron 3543 wake from sleep issue.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 3543 wake from sleep issue.: Hello All, Below is my laptop details Laptop Model: Dell inspiron 3543 OS: Win 10 Pro 64Bit (ver 1803) Build: 17134.345 BIOS ver: 05.06.05 Processor: i3 Ram : 8GB HDD: 1TB I am facing a issue related to wake from sleep, where when i put my laptop to sleep either...
  10. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: Did look trough the forum, but no solution PC won't respond from mouse or keyboard when in sleep mode. Did unchecked and rechecked the USB device "allow the device to wake up" Pressing the power switch will restart pc in a fresh boot-up, All files closed. No error message....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inspiron 3147 win 10 sleep problem

2. Dell inspirion 3147 Bios A12

3. sleep mode problems inspiron 11 windows 10

4. isperion 11-3147 wont wake on with touchpad,
  5. dell inspiron 24 wont sleep,
  6. Dell Inspiron 3147 windows 10 wake from sleep