Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 6400 100% cpu due Desktop Window Manager

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 6400 100% cpu due Desktop Window Manager in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Recently I've updated my Dell Inspiron 6400 from windows 7 to windows 10. Installation went perfectly but when I use the correct drivers for the mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cooker, Jan 13, 2020.

1. cooker Win User

Dell Inspiron 6400 100% cpu due Desktop Window Manager

Recently I've updated my Dell Inspiron 6400 from windows 7 to windows 10. Installation went perfectly but when I use the correct drivers for the mobile intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family video card then 'Desktop Window Manager' take up a lot of CPU when browsing with Chrome or microsoft edge. When I use the standard Windows driver "Microsoft basic display adapter" then everythings works allright but then I'm limited with resolution.

Is there a workaround for this old device to get videocard drivers which aren;t using that much CPU?

:)

cooker, Jan 13, 2020
  2. darhome Win User

Upgrading Dell Inspiron 6400 to Windows 10

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my old and trusty Dell Inspiron 6400 to Windows 10 but come up with a report which says 'BIOS not compatible'.

Is there a way to bypass the error and install Windows 10.

Thanks in advance.

darhome, Jan 13, 2020
  3. pazsion Win User
    OverClock Dell Inspiron 6400

try the same one...it might work...

if the numbers don't match up don't set it..or if they seem to not make sense..

the fsb is a multiplyer of the cpu..

in our systems it should be 21x cpu and 4x at the fsb.

soo 133 x 21 will give you the suggested cpu speeds.. divided by 4 will give you the suggested fsb speeds.. or you can just get PC wizard 2010.. this will give you all the info you'll need to know.. to find the correct pll etc..your multiplyer might be diffrent as well.

Dell's model numbers and codeings will be listed diffrently then they are on the board.. you'll have to look on your motherboard for a small rectangle with ICSXXX or winbond. Stamped on it. then find the same numbers that coinside with dells.. a01-a08 etc.. to find out what features resemble an intel's bios features as well.. this will also help in locateing which pll to choose.. and try.

133 would be the fsb speeds..

basically your trying to match up similar intel boards to your dell.. most likely a 865.. and a socket 478??

setfsb's website ‚±‚̃y[ƒW‚Í“s‡‚É‚æ‚è‹xŽ~‚¢‚½‚µ‚Ü‚·

will list all supported boards..

the one i've tried most closely resembles my board and it's chipset features, since dell used a mobile chipset similar to this toshiba's.. it worked..

pazsion, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Dell Inspiron 6400 100% cpu due Desktop Window Manager

Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 in Dell Inspiron 6400 - unable upgrade to W10

I have Windows 7 Professional running perfectly in a Dell Inspiron 6400 with a Samsung SSD. I was accepted by Microsoft for a free upgrade to Windows 10 but I now have a message from Microsoft telling me that I will be unable to upgrade due the OEM Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 being incompatible with Windows Ten. I have the latest driver dated March 2009 for that device. Can anyone offer advice on how or where I can make my laptop pass the Windows 10 installation criteria?

with grateful thanks

Irish Wolfhound, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Dell Inspiron 6400 100% cpu due Desktop Window Manager

1. Dell Inspiron 6400 100% cpu due Desktop Window Manager - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 6400

2. CPU always 100 due Windows Defender

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU always 100 due Windows Defender: Hey,I'm recently facing a problem with Windows Defender. A few weeks ago I did a system reset because of a system failure and bsod. I was used to use Eset Antivirus but now I'm using just Win Defender. Every time I start up my HP Probook 430 G5 my CPU is always at 100%. In...
  3. CPU always 100 due Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU always 100 due Windows Defender: Hey,I'm recently facing a problem with Windows Defender. A few weeks ago I did a system reset because of a system failure and bsod. I was used to use Eset Antivirus but now I'm using just Win Defender. Every time I start up my HP Probook 430 G5 my CPU is always at 100%. In...
  4. CPU always 100 due Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dell Inspiron 6400 Labtop _ Windows 10 Pro 20H2 login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Inspiron 6400 Labtop _ Windows 10 Pro 20H2 login screen: Hi! My windows 10 login screen I use a PIN to login to my account shows this message "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again, wont allow to input my/a PIN. What I did was use MSCONFIG>SERVICES TAB>disabled All when I was playing WGT...
  6. A bit of help? (Desktop window manager 100% cpu)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A bit of help? (Desktop window manager 100% cpu): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Alfie12370 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcd37b/a_bit_of_help_desktop_window_manager_100_cpu/
  7. CPU at 100% due to System idle process

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU at 100% due to System idle process: I'm wondering why my CPU workload stays always at 95-100% due to System idle process. I can hear the fan spinning at max speed, and it's pretty annoying. Sorry for the italian language in the screenshot. What could be the cause? [ATTACH]...
  8. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  9. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...
  10. Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 in Dell Inspiron 6400 - unable upgrade to W10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 in Dell Inspiron 6400 - unable upgrade to W10: I have Windows 7 Professional running perfectly in a Dell Inspiron 6400 with a Samsung SSD. I was accepted by Microsoft for a free upgrade to Windows 10 but I now have a message from Microsoft telling me that I will be unable to upgrade due the OEM Nvidia GeForce Go 7300...