Windows 10: Dell Inspiron 7386 Touchpad

Discus and support Dell Inspiron 7386 Touchpad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Any thoughts on why my touchpad has suddenly stopped working. All drivers are up to date and the device manager doesn't report any problems with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardGmail, May 13, 2021.

1. Dell Inspiron 7386 Touchpad

Any thoughts on why my touchpad has suddenly stopped working. All drivers are up to date and the device manager doesn't report any problems with anything. Win10 is completely up to date too.The left and right buttons work as you can move the pointer with a USB mouse, and they still work so I am thinking that the hardware is OK. The Dell Support Assist doesn't find anything and neither does the Pre boot diagnosisI have checked that the Touchpad is enabled, but none of the gestures work. Thanks,RichardPS Just recently, the device manager has stopped seeing the internal touchpad, only the ex

:)

RichardGmail, May 13, 2021
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 13, 2021
  3. Jetster Win User
    [WTB][US]   Need a dell inspiron 9400 Touchpad (found one)

Edit: Never mind

Anyone have a dell inspiron 9400 touchpad? Its a 17in 10 year old dell inspiron. I could pay like $10 or a little more.

Thanks for checking

Jetster, May 13, 2021
  4. RickC Win User

Dell Inspiron 7386 Touchpad

Dell Inspiron - Disable TouchPad when Ext mouse attached - Need help!!

I use the Dell Touchpad driver directly from Dell. It gives me the option that you're looking for (i.e. by clicking on a and checking b):

Dell Inspiron 7386 Touchpad [​IMG]

Try Dell's support site for the Inspiron 5748. It shows the Touchpad driver. Note the site's suggestion:

Hope this helps...

RickC, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Dell Inspiron 7386 Touchpad

1. Dell Inspiron 7386 Touchpad - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 7386

2. Dell Inspiron Touchpad Not Working - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron Touchpad Not Working - Windows 11: The touchpad suddenly stopped working. It was working when the laptop booted up but then stopped and I am having to use an external mouse. Looking in Settings and Device Manager, I cannot find any reference to Touchpad or any Touchpad drivers. It appears to have been...
  3. Weird TouchPad glitch- Dell Inspiron 7559

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird TouchPad glitch- Dell Inspiron 7559: So, I've been using my laptop for roughly five years now and I've encountered a weird TouchPad glitch recently. Basically when I touch my TouchPad, it only allows me to select things on the taskbar, and nothing else until I close the computer and reopen it.The thing is, it...
  4. dell inspiron 15 3000. touchpad locks.

dell inspiron 15 3000. touchpad locks.: hi I am trying to play a game and I have to hold keys down while trying to look around using the mouse. everytime I press a key the touchpad stops responding. how do I disable this action....
  5. Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560: I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 which is about 11 month old so still under the basic 1 year warranty when the wifi started being very unreliable a kept dropping and even not finding the adapter at all. I returned the laptop to Dell who replaced the adapter and the motherboard. I...
  6. Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inspiron 7386 Wifi throttling with Intel 9560: I have a Dell Inspiron 7386 which is about 10 month old so still under the basic 1 year warranty when the wifi started being very unreliable a kept dropping and even not finding the adapter at all. I returned the laptop to Dell who replaced the adapter and the motherboard....
  7. Touchpad is not working on Dell Inspiron 7548

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad is not working on Dell Inspiron 7548: The touchpad on my Dell Inspiron 7548 suddenly stopped working. And when I went to check the device manager I could not find the touchpad driver anymore. I also checked the settings and couldn't find the "Trackpad" option there either. How do I fix this issue?...
  8. dell inspiron 5755 touchpad

dell inspiron 5755 touchpad: cant get the touchpad to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-5755-touchpad/f248ac3e-2f8e-46dd-a4d3-747d3d6589d9
  9. Dell Inspiron TouchPad does not work

Dell Inspiron TouchPad does not work: After installing a new motherboard on my Dell 15 Inspiron notebook, & reinstalling Windows 10, my touchpad does not work, and can't be 'seen' in Device Manager ... pls help! Niño...
  10. Dell Inspiron 7000 series touchpad help

Dell Inspiron 7000 series touchpad help: Hi.. Was wondering if someone could assist me with finding the proper touchpad driver for my new Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series (P69G) so I can enable one finger scrolling. I went here Software Drivers | White Papers | Product Briefs | Videos | Synaptics and dowloaded the...