Windows 10: Dell inspiron desktop windows 10 - no login prompt

Discus and support Dell inspiron desktop windows 10 - no login prompt in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Unable to login due to absence of login prompt. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by leisechadwick, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Dell inspiron desktop windows 10 - no login prompt

Unable to login due to absence of login prompt. Help!

:)

leisechadwick, Sep 25, 2019

2. dell inspiron 546

I have just downloaded Windows 10 to a Dell Inspiron 546 with a Dell 810 All in One printer. The previous OS was Windows 7. I had downloaded Windows 10 because the Windows invitation assured me all was well for the download.

Having made the download I discover I can not print. The printer is listed in settings. It used to be the default device.

Can you advise the steps I should take?

Thank you.

charles allis, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Home on Dell Inspiron 3847 will not update to 1709

I have two identical boxes with same issue- Windows 10 Home will not update to 1709. Here are the hardware specs & steps taken to fix the problem:

Dell Inspiron 3847
    Windows 10 Home ver 1607 OS Build 14393.1944
    Intel Core i5-4460 3.2G
    12GB RAM
    Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600
    1TB SATA HDD

It downloads and attempts to install the latest updates then several hours later reverts back to where it was.
    So far:
    - installed & ran Windows Update Troubleshooter & taken the steps that it suggests
    - renamed Windows 10 upgrade folder and downloaded the latest updates
    - deleted the software distribution folder & downloaded/installed again
    - ran windows cleanup and deleted all those files
    - tried stopping & disabling the windows update service to prevent it from continuing
    There is licensed software so a clean install is out of the question.

These PC's are installed in a restaurant and when this happens the whole place shuts down during lunch & dinner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

pointofsaleexp, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Jef777 Win User

Dell inspiron desktop windows 10 - no login prompt

Dell Inspiron 620

Hi,

There is a section on the Dell website that lists their computers which have been tested for update to windows 10. That section states that if your computer has not been tested, then it is not advisable to upgrade to windows 10. Mine is the Inspiron
    Desktop i620 running intel hd 2000 integrated graphics. I currently am running windows 7 home premium. Computer is about 4 and a half years old. jeff

Jef777, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Dell inspiron desktop windows 10 - no login prompt

1. Dell inspiron desktop windows 10 - no login prompt - Similar Threads - Dell inspiron desktop

2. Can’t login to Dell Inspiron windows computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login to Dell Inspiron windows computer: I can’t get past the login screen on my dell Inspiron 15 computer. I have reset the password so I’m certain I’m using the right password. I tried resetting several times and tried restarting in safe mode, but that does not come up. I’ve clicked restart + shift to...
  3. Can’t login to Dell Inspiron windows computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login to Dell Inspiron windows computer: I can’t get past the login screen on my dell Inspiron 15 computer. I have reset the password so I’m certain I’m using the right password. I tried resetting several times and tried restarting in safe mode, but that does not come up. I’ve clicked restart + shift to...
  4. Dell Inspiron 24 5000 Desktop Camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 24 5000 Desktop Camera: I cant not access my camera. Recently purchased this computer and it wont allow me to open camera. I'm getting an error message. I've giving access to the computer, rebooted etc. Still nothing . The camera is built in if any one has any suggestions...
  5. Dell Inspiron 24 5000 Desktop Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron 24 5000 Desktop Camera: I cant not access my camera. Recently purchased this computer and it wont allow me to open camera. I'm getting an error message. I've giving access to the computer, rebooted etc. Still nothing . The camera is built in if any one has any suggestions...
  6. windows 10 dell inspiron laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 dell inspiron laptop: One question?? My problem is windows 10 was locked forgot system password so i went to bios it said password notset. i ran installation cd for windows 7 on same harddisk this system operates great. how do i change operating system back and reset factory settings??...
  7. No login prompt after Windows 10 update on a Dell Optiplec

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No login prompt after Windows 10 update on a Dell Optiplec: The login prompt (it was with pin) does not appear after the win 10 update. The background image (that is provided on login screen from the internet) is displayed “blended”. I can login with Remote Desktop Connection....
  8. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  9. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...
  10. Dell Inspiron N5010 & Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dell Inspiron N5010 & Windows 10: Has anyone upgraded the machine mentioned above from Win 7 to 10? Any problems occured? 12528