Windows 10: Dell Inspiron One 2330 Web Cam showing black screen, no functionality

Discus and support Dell Inspiron One 2330 Web Cam showing black screen, no functionality in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've not used the web cam on my Dell All-in-One desktop for quite awhile but since I'm now working from home, I need the web cam to function. All I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fitch Office PC, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Dell Inspiron One 2330 Web Cam showing black screen, no functionality

I've not used the web cam on my Dell All-in-One desktop for quite awhile but since I'm now working from home, I need the web cam to function. All I am seeing is a black screen and I've taken all the recommended steps to no avail. I believe this issue occurred after I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple years ago? Are there any suggestions on how to correct this issue?

:)

Fitch Office PC, Apr 6, 2020

2. Dell Inspiron One 2330 Web Cam showing black screen, no functionality

I've not used the web cam on my Dell All-in-One desktop for quite awhile but since I'm now working from home, I need the web cam to function. All I am seeing is a black screen and I've taken all the recommended steps to no avail. I believe this issue
    occurred after I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple years ago? Are there any suggestions on how to correct this issue?

Fitch Office PC, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Lee L. Win User
    Dell Inspiron One 2330 Web Cam showing black screen, no functionality

Hi Fitch,

My name is Lee, I'll be assisting you with the software related troubleshooting steps in resolving this issue.

1. Check if the Camera App has permission.

> Go to Settings > Privacy > Camera > Turn on the "Allow aps to access your camera"

> If it's already ON, please scroll down and review the apps that has permission and make sure the camera is ON with the apps of your choice.

2. Windows Update

> Windows Update comes with Generic hardware drivers that will enable the computer hardware (such as the webcam) to work properly.

3. Is step # 1 and # 2 did not resolve the issue, try to visit Dell website (https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1...)
    and enter the service tag of your All-in-One and click on Detect Drivers.

I will be waiting for your response. If the above steps did not resolve the camera issue, just reply on the thread to alert me.

Thanks, talk to you later!

~ Lee

Lee L., Apr 7, 2020
  4. RWOne Win User

UPDATING MY DELL iNSPIRON 2330

A check of your board got me an ebay page with image:

Dell Inspiron One 2330 All in One Socket LGA1155 Motherboard 0PWNMR V3S80 | eBay

If true, you have a replaceable CPU socket (LGA1155), so theoretically you could open it and upgrade. But as to if you can upgrade from what you have to what you want still needs to be addressed by Dell.

They will likely tell you you can't, but that said it's because they don't want you opening it yourself, so hit the boards for that model and see what others have to say, they may already have done it, or not.

Same for RAM ... Checking Crucials site:

Computer memory and SSD upgrades for Dell Inspiron Desktops Inspiron One 2330 from Crucial

You could go as high as 16Gb, depending ... have it scan your system to confirm, and give you options.

RWOne, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Dell Inspiron One 2330 Web Cam showing black screen, no functionality - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron 2330

2. INTEGRATED WEB CAM BLACK SCREEN 0xa00f4292 <photo capture start time out> Dell Inspiron 13-7353

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    INTEGRATED WEB CAM BLACK SCREEN 0xa00f4292 <photo capture start time out> Dell Inspiron 13-7353: hi PLEASE DON'T RESPOND WITH BASCIAL TROUBLESHOOTING I HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT i have researched and tried everything i could find on this forum for this issue. this is the first time i couldn't figure something out on my own based on using suggestions/troubleshooting...
  3. Camera on Dell Inspiron 14 500 is working but showing black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera on Dell Inspiron 14 500 is working but showing black screen: Hi, the camera on my Dell Inspiron 14 500 laptop appears to be working with power light on, and actions on screen, but no picture the screen is black. Have tried all suggestions, reset, uninstall, update driver, I have Macafee antivirus so I already turn the firewall off and...
  4. Web Cam will not show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Cam will not show: I cant get my web came to show , On Zoom I can see and hear them and they can hear me but not see me. I've trouble shoot with the privacy settings, my laptop is less then a year old I have windows 10, need any suggestions....
  5. integrated web cam on Dell laptop

integrated web cam on Dell laptop: Integrated web cam was hidden in Device Manager. Not working so followed instructions to uninstall. Device Manager search does not find it to add. Cannot find any clear help as to how to re-install - help please ?...
  6. Web cam: Trying to use Zoom on a Dell inspiron desktop computer

Web cam: Trying to use Zoom on a Dell inspiron desktop computer: Trying to use Zoom on a Dell inspiron desktop computer. Unable to get camera to work, blank screen. How to test or fix please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-web-cam/907e1120-ad34-4cbc-8749-022d18f2558e
  7. Dell Inspiron n5050 black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron n5050 black screen: I have recently upgraded my inspiron to windows 10 and was given the black screen of death. I have deleted graphics cards and reinstalled basic one and now have had the issue of doing this 5 minutes after logging in. It only works in safe mode and have used the system file...
  8. dell inspiron 5558 web cam driver

dell inspiron 5558 web cam driver: Hi Microsoft. My Dell Inspiron 5558 laptop web cam drivers have been wiped out after update to 1903. The reference in Device Manager has also disappeared as well. any help to fix this problem would be most helpful...
  9. Dell web cam for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell web cam for Windows 10: How do I activate my web cam my Dell Lap Top, Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-web-cam-for-windows-10/9e5dfeb9-5b5d-4b27-b997-bb8dd8823529
  10. UPDATING MY DELL iNSPIRON 2330

in Windows 10 Customization
    UPDATING MY DELL iNSPIRON 2330: Good morning to one and all I have a question about updating my computer I have a Dell Inspiron 2330 all in one with there specs Dell Inc. Inspiron One 2330 00 System Service Tag: C8LSTX1 (support for this PC) Chassis Serial Number: C8LSTX1 Enclosure Type: All-in-One...