Windows 10: Dell Inspiron P26F locked in auto repair at boot up

Discus and support Dell Inspiron P26F locked in auto repair at boot up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop will not boot up. This happened after I did a windows update and choose update and reboot. At startup it displays the dell logo then gives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dr.John05, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Dr.John05 Win User

Dell Inspiron P26F locked in auto repair at boot up

My laptop will not boot up. This happened after I did a windows update and choose update and reboot.

At startup it displays the dell logo then gives me the following message:

The operating system did not shut down cleanly.

Reconstructing Cache Metadata.

Please do not interrupt this process

Reading Packed Metadata.................................Done

Processing Delta Log Record............................0

Updating Packed Metadata...............................Done

Creating the Segment/Index Pairs…………….100%

Total number segment/index pairs……………2244606

Sorting Segment/Index pairs phase 1………..100%

Sorting Segment/Index pairs phase 2………..100%

Writing sorted Segment/Index Pairs………….100%

Total Heap Size…………………………………………..8768

Writing Segment Heap.........................................Done

Then I get the dots rotating in a circle.

After about 40 seconds the screen blanks then the above comes back and the following message shows up at the bottom of the screen

Preparing Automatic Repair

Then After about 15 seconds the screen blanks and the dell logo appears and then the dots appear again.

After about 40 secs the screen blanks and the cycle repeats

=================================================

I have tried several things recommended on help sites but none made any difference:

1 + clicking the F12 key when I get the first dell logo dell splash screen

2 + pressing Fn key and the power button when I get the first dell logo Dell splash screen

3 + Pressing the power key and holding it for 29 seconds after the laptop powers off and repeating this 3 times.

When nothing changed repeating it 3 times I tried repeating it 10 times but the cycle remained the same.

One time after doing third above I did get a message to press F12 for BIOS but before I pressed it the cycle continued.

Any other suggestions on how to fix this?

:)

Dr.John05, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Dr.John05 Win User

My laptop will not boot up. This happened after I did a windows update and choose update and reboot.

At startup it displays the dell logo then gives me the following message:

The operating system did not shut down cleanly.

Reconstructing Cache Metadata.

Please do not interrupt this process

Reading Packed Metadata.................................Done

Processing Delta Log Record............................0

Updating Packed Metadata...............................Done

Creating the Segment/Index Pairs…………….100%

Total number segment/index pairs……………2244606

Sorting Segment/Index pairs phase 1………..100%

Sorting Segment/Index pairs phase 2………..100%

Writing sorted Segment/Index Pairs………….100%

Total Heap Size…………………………………………..8768

Writing Segment Heap.........................................Done

Then I get the dots rotating in a circle.

After about 40 seconds the screen blanks then the above comes back and the following message shows up at the bottom of the screen

Preparing Automatic Repair

Then After about 15 seconds the screen blanks and the dell logo appears and then the dots appear again.

After about 40 secs the screen blanks and the cycle repeats

=================================================

I have tried several things recommended on help sites but none made any difference:

1) + clicking the F12 key when I get the first dell logo (dell splash screen)

2) + pressing Fn key and the power button when I get the first dell logo
    (Dell splash screen)

3) + Pressing the power key and holding it for 29 seconds after the laptop powers off and repeating this 3 times.

When nothing changed repeating it 3 times I tried repeating it 10 times but the cycle remained the same.

One time after doing third above I did get a message to press F12 for BIOS but before I pressed it the cycle continued.

Any other suggestions on how to fix this?

Dr.John05, Aug 5, 2020
  3. WilliamDz Win User

Hi, Doc, and thanks for reaching out. My name is William. I'm a Windows technical expert. I'll be happy to help you out today.

Try the following: using another device create Windows 10 Installation media with a USB drive:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/...
    (this will already contain the latest Windows 2004 release)

When complete, boot from the install media (change the boot the order is necessary in the BIOS or use the choose boot option at startup if your device has an option for it. When the Windows install is presented, select the option to Repair your computer. You
    can then proceed with any of the Advanced options presented by the Troublshooter:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/boot-or-repair-w...

WilliamDz, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Dr.John05 Win User

I shut down and waited for a minute. Then I pressed the power key and as soon as I saw the power key lite I pressed F2. That got me a progress line on the bottom and a note that F12 for bios. I hit F12 and got to the bios. I change the boot order so the
    usb was first. I keyed F10 to save. I restarted the configuration and continued. I still get the same problem.

I tried this a second time and got to the install windows screen. At first I tried installing but using upgrade couldn't do so from the media. Using custom I didn't have enough space.

I tried again and noticed the repair your computer ot the bottom of the installation window. I clicked on that and got a screen with choices. When I choose start window 10 I finally got it to boot to windows. I'm now copying all my data to an external drive
    in case I have any other problems

Thanks a lot.

Dr.John05, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Dell Inspiron P26F locked in auto repair at boot up - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron P26F

2. Secure boot auto repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot auto repair: Hello I’ve been trying to turn secure boot on my PC for a few days now and when I turn it on I just get a loop of auto repair does anyone have any suggestions! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-auto-repair/c9657a44-7ca8-465c-96d5-065d7a662a5b
  3. W10 Update 22H2 locks up login on Dell Inspiron N5050

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Update 22H2 locks up login on Dell Inspiron N5050: The Dell Inspiron N5050 I am updating Windows 10 on has caused a problem every time after it complete the 22H2 update. The update completes, restarts the laptop, but when it goes into the restart process between the Windows screen and the log in screen, the screen goes to...
  4. W10 Update 22H2 locks up login on Dell Inspiron N5050

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Update 22H2 locks up login on Dell Inspiron N5050: The Dell Inspiron N5050 I am updating Windows 10 on has caused a problem every time after it complete the 22H2 update. The update completes, restarts the laptop, but when it goes into the restart process between the Windows screen and the log in screen, the screen goes to...
  5. W10 Update 22H2 locks up login on Dell Inspiron N5050

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Auto Repair Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Repair Boot Loop: Okay so I have my Windows installed on Drive C:I also have a D: driveI was having issues with my computer freezing/crashing, eventually turning into a windows auto repair loop. So I go into the command prompt and use the command "bootrec.exe/ScanOs". It shows my Windows is...
  7. Dell Inspiron 2n1 do not auto-rotate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Inspiron 2n1 do not auto-rotate: Hello, I own a Dell Inspiron 5000 2 in 1. The issue is it stops auto-rotate. I've checked some forum posts already, but nothing works. I don't even have a rotation button or any other button to switch it on. So wheter I am in laptop or tablet mode, it doesn't rotate. Thanks...
  8. Boot problems with Dell Inspiron Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot problems with Dell Inspiron Laptop: Ok so the problems with my Dell Inspiron 5577 laptop started when it closed while performing a factory reset. Ever sonce then its been unable to boot up. Now when i turn it on it askes me to enter the system password, when i do so it just says “cannot find enabled boot...
  9. dell inspiron 15 3000. touchpad locks.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell inspiron 15 3000. touchpad locks.: hi I am trying to play a game and I have to hold keys down while trying to look around using the mouse. everytime I press a key the touchpad stops responding. how do I disable this action....
  10. Dell PC (Inspiron) Boot up problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell PC (Inspiron) Boot up problem: after the May 2019 update my Dell Inspiron upon bootup displays the Dell logo and freezes, have to switch off and back on to get it working This always works, but it is very annoying...