Windows 10: Dell Inspiron refuse to completely shutdown

Discus and support Dell Inspiron refuse to completely shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am having a problem with the Dell Inspiron 7370. When it comes to shutting down the machine, sometimes the screen goes off but I can still see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Irhuma, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Irhuma Win User

Dell Inspiron refuse to completely shutdown

I am having a problem with the Dell Inspiron 7370. When it comes to shutting down the machine, sometimes the screen goes off but I can still see the backlight keyboard keys lights + sound of the running device?

I am now having no other options but to apply Force Shutdown by keeping pressing the power button.

I am not quite sure what is going on? This is becoming more and more frequent, certain times especially when I am in a rush, I found out later that the device is super hot as I placed a non-completely shutdown device inside the carrying bag + dead battery?.

Any suggestions? The device is less than 2 years old and despite this everything is perfectly working.

I am running 'manufacture' Win10 Home - version latest = 10.0.18363 Built 18363.

:)

Irhuma, Sep 18, 2020
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

Can I Create Hackintosh Using DELL Inspiron 3542

I'd suggest reading through this thread on the Tonymacx86 forums.

3. dell inspiron 546

I have just downloaded Windows 10 to a Dell Inspiron 546 with a Dell 810 All in One printer. The previous OS was Windows 7. I had downloaded Windows 10 because the Windows invitation assured me all was well for the download.

Having made the download I discover I can not print. The printer is listed in settings. It used to be the default device.

Can you advise the steps I should take?

Thank you.

charles allis, Sep 18, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Dell inspiron 3542

Inspiron 3542 is Windows 10 compatible. It should not cause any problem after the upgradation.

I would suggest you to get the drivers before the upgradation. Get the LAN, WiFi, video and touchpad drivers, save them externally and go for the upgrade.
    After the upgradation is complete, apply the drivers.

Product Support | Dell US

Thema:

1. Dell Inspiron refuse to completely shutdown - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron refuse

2. Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down: I have a Dell Inspiron Reg Model P97F and it will not shut down. When I try and shut down the computer it will turn off then turn back on in airplane mode, almost like I just restart it.I have tried so many different things to try and fix this such as uninstalling updates and...
  3. Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron Reg Model : P97F , Refuses to shut down: I have a Dell Inspiron Reg Model P97F and it will not shut down. When I try and shut down the computer it will turn off then turn back on in airplane mode, almost like I just restart it.I have tried so many different things to try and fix this such as uninstalling updates and...
  4. dell inspiron n4050

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell inspiron n4050: hi,i have dell inspiron n4050 having i3 2370m in it with 2 gb ram....can it run win 10 smoothly??????,plz reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-n4050/27fd62d2-276f-4e83-9365-da664aab9307
  5. Dell Inspiron 15 5565 refuses to complete Windows 10 Insider Preview u

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dell Inspiron 15 5565 refuses to complete Windows 10 Insider Preview u: Howdy, I posted this on the Dell forums with no luck. I have been trying for six months to get this laptop to successfully update its OS. It was updating fine until around January, then it stopped working. The updates all download and install fine, but the system fails to...
  6. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  7. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...
  8. Dell Inspiron 3543

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron 3543: Hi folks never had a BSOD in the last year and 4 months that ive had this lappy now ive had 2 in 12 hours what would the issue be ? i hope the tool got all the relevant stuff. thanks 47629
  9. Randomly refuses to shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Randomly refuses to shutdown: On occasion my computer won't sleep or shutdown when I tell it too. It will turn itself back on immediately. I upgraded to W10 from W7 back in August 2015. This was never a problem until recently. I check for pending updates when this happens, and there are none showing. If I...
  10. Dell Inspiron 3135 does not sleep/shutdown/hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Inspiron 3135 does not sleep/shutdown/hibernate: I'm running Windows 10 build 9926 on an Inspiron 3135 from 2013. I made a clean installation from the Microsoft ISO on a 120GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD. Prior to that it was running the original HDD with its 8.0 distribution upgraded to 8.1 via the Windows Store. I have the...