Windows 10: dell inspiron trackpad stops intermittently, even after the gestures are disabled in...

Discus and support dell inspiron trackpad stops intermittently, even after the gestures are disabled in... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All,I recently purchased dell inspiron laptop which have windows 11. Within 2 days of purchase, I am facing issue with trackpad getting stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pushkar Achalkar, Jun 26, 2022.

1. dell inspiron trackpad stops intermittently, even after the gestures are disabled in...

Hi All,I recently purchased dell inspiron laptop which have windows 11. Within 2 days of purchase, I am facing issue with trackpad getting stuck intermittently. Every time type in any document OR browse internet on edge, it stops responding when I want to move my mouse pointer again.I recently replaced trackpad through warranty. Still the same issue. So it seems to be another windows glitch??In device manager the trackpad is identified as 'HID Compliant Mouse'. Anyone can help with relevant drivers? Is this an issue with other users? Any help would be appreciated.Regards,PA

:)

Pushkar Achalkar, Jun 26, 2022
  2. vale Win User

Need List of Laptops that Use Win 10 Trackpad Gestures

Is there a link that I can view a list of all laptops that are capable of using Windows 10 trackpad gestures?

3. SKM0005 Win User
    After 1511 update Trackpad multitouch gestures stopped

Hi

Please advise help.

It is Trackpad multitouch gestures stopped to work on Asus Vivobook X202E consequent to 1511 (10586.14) update from Windows 10 (10240) with touchscreen gestures unaffected.

There is Asus Smart Gesture 4.0.5 and Elan Smart-Pad EtdCtrl and EtdCtrlHelper in the notebook.

And this trouble.

Really wondering, should it have been such a problem by taking the upgrade?

Thanks

:}

SKM0005, Jun 26, 2022
  4. dell inspiron trackpad stops intermittently, even after the gestures are disabled in...

Custom TrackPad Gestures Problems after Fall Creators Update 1709 - Dell XPS 15 9650

I have a Dell XPS 15 9650 laptop, which has a "precision" style trackpad.

I have updated to the latest drivers for the laptop on Dell's support website. (Incidentally, the drivers on Dell's website don't seem to include custom trackpad drivers -- so I think the laptop is just using the default drivers from Microsoft.)

My problem:

Ever since I installed the Fall Creators Update, I noticed two different problems with custom trackpad gestures.

Specifically, I have been trying to set up custom trackpad gestures for three-finger-swipes up and three-finger-swipes down.

Problem #1: Sometimes when I perform a three-finger-swipe UP, it will perform the action that I have set up for the three-finger-swipe DOWN instead. Also, vice versa -- Sometimes when I perform a three-finger-swipe DOWN, it will perform the action that
    I had set up for the three-finger-swipe UP. It seems to get it "wrong" about 10-15% of the time.

Problem #2: If I try to set the custom trackpad gesture to use multiple modifier keys (such as setting it to be: CTRL + SHIFT + TAB), then sometimes when performing the gesture, it will "miss" one or both of the modifier keys. For example, in this instance,
    occasionally it will instead perform either CTRL+TAB or SHIFT+TAB or just sometimes TAB.

Both problems are intermittent and appear to happen randomly. It seems to be more likely to happen if I am performing multiple of the three-finger-swipe gestures in succession.

Note that I had neither of these problems prior to the Fall Creators Update.

Per Dell's support, I have already tried doing fresh re-installations of the operating system, and I have tried updating to the latest Dell drivers.

My question is: Is there any way to escalate this issue so that it can be investigated (and perhaps a bug-report-ticket being logged?)

Thanks

RyanAntkowiak, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

dell inspiron trackpad stops intermittently, even after the gestures are disabled in...

1. dell inspiron trackpad stops intermittently, even after the gestures are disabled in... - Similar Threads - dell inspiron trackpad

2. Dell Inspiron 5570 disk usage 100% even after resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 5570 disk usage 100% even after resetting: I purchased my Dell Inspiron 15 5570 with 4GB RAM and 2GB Radeon graphics card with 1TB HDD and added another 4GB to RAM. My laptop was too slow for so long. And I tried resetting the laptop and also it took 2 days for resetting and OS is crased so installed a OS again and...
  3. Dell Inspiron 5570 disk usage 100% even after resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron 5570 disk usage 100% even after resetting: I purchased my Dell Inspiron 15 5570 with 4GB RAM and 2GB Radeon graphics card with 1TB HDD and added another 4GB to RAM. My laptop was too slow for so long. And I tried resetting the laptop and also it took 2 days for resetting and OS is crased so installed a OS again and...
  4. Trackpad registers my tabs but not gestures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad registers my tabs but not gestures: Hello! My trackpad does register tabs with both single and multi-fingers double tab as right click, 3 fingers and fingers tabs but not gestures two fingers to scroll and others.I have tried:- Updating driver- Uninstalling device- BIOS has no option for gestures- Installing...
  5. Trackpad registers my tabs but not gestures

Trackpad registers my tabs but not gestures: Hello! My trackpad does register tabs with both single and multi-fingers double tab as right click, 3 fingers and fingers tabs but not gestures two fingers to scroll and others.I have tried:- Updating driver- Uninstalling device- BIOS has no option for gestures- Installing...
  6. dell inspiron trackpad stops intermittently, even after the gestures are disabled in...

dell inspiron trackpad stops intermittently, even after the gestures are disabled in...: Hi All,I recently purchased dell inspiron laptop which have windows 11. Within 2 days of purchase, I am facing issue with trackpad getting stuck intermittently. Every time type in any document OR browse internet on edge, it stops responding when I want to move my mouse...
  7. Trackpad Gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad Gestures: Hello! The guy that asks really obvious questions here! I just got a new device and wanted to change the sensitivity on the trackpad. I saw that the the ELAN page was not there. Neither was the Synaptics driver there for that matter. I checked Device Manager and there were...
  8. Cortana Trackpad Gesture and How to Disable it?

Cortana Trackpad Gesture and How to Disable it?: Hey everyone, So I have windows 10 home single language and that language is Turkish. Cortana doesn't support Turkish so I can't use it as well. A certain gesture keeps on bringing up Cortana on my pc and it is extremely frustrating since I can't close it too, it always...
  9. Trackpad's gestures wont work??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad's gestures wont work??: Im new here so sorry if this issue is already posted about but its been months that my trackpad wont work its gestures. I did everything right from updating my trackpad, disabling it and uninstalling it. Disabling worked but i had to do it every time i opened my laptop. Its...
  10. Turn on trackpad gestures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn on trackpad gestures: Hi! I need help turning on the trackpad gestures for my HP computer after resetting it. Can you please help? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/turn-on-trackpad-gestures/f7e9bc52-5e8c-49a2-ba23-016d55a32f16