Windows 10: Dell Inspiron

Discus and support Dell Inspiron in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cadan28, Mar 8, 2019.

1. cadan28 Win User

Dell Inspiron

I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work, but the sound isn't good. I tried connecting a pair of headphones to the audio jack and the sound was distorted with hardly any vocals.

I brought the laptop in for a new hard drive just based on the age of the machine, but this didn't resolve anything. Is it time for a new machine, or is this fixable. FYI, I was told by the repair shop who put in the new hard drive that there is no sound card to this machine, that sound is controlled from the motherboard. Is that an accurate statement?

Thanks for any help.

:)

cadan28, Mar 8, 2019
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

Can I Create Hackintosh Using DELL Inspiron 3542

I'd suggest reading through this thread on the Tonymacx86 forums.

3. dell inspiron 546

I have just downloaded Windows 10 to a Dell Inspiron 546 with a Dell 810 All in One printer. The previous OS was Windows 7. I had downloaded Windows 10 because the Windows invitation assured me all was well for the download.

Having made the download I discover I can not print. The printer is listed in settings. It used to be the default device.

Can you advise the steps I should take?

Thank you.

charles allis, Mar 8, 2019
  4. pazsion Win User

Dell Inspiron

OverClock Dell Inspiron 6400

try the same one...it might work...

if the numbers don't match up don't set it..or if they seem to not make sense..

the fsb is a multiplyer of the cpu..

in our systems it should be 21x cpu and 4x at the fsb.

soo 133 x 21 will give you the suggested cpu speeds.. divided by 4 will give you the suggested fsb speeds.. or you can just get PC wizard 2010.. this will give you all the info you'll need to know.. to find the correct pll etc..your multiplyer might be diffrent as well.

Dell's model numbers and codeings will be listed diffrently then they are on the board.. you'll have to look on your motherboard for a small rectangle with ICSXXX or winbond. Stamped on it. then find the same numbers that coinside with dells.. a01-a08 etc.. to find out what features resemble an intel's bios features as well.. this will also help in locateing which pll to choose.. and try.

133 would be the fsb speeds..

basically your trying to match up similar intel boards to your dell.. most likely a 865.. and a socket 478??

setfsb's website http://www13.plala.or.jp/setfsb/

will list all supported boards..

the one i've tried most closely resembles my board and it's chipset features, since dell used a mobile chipset similar to this toshiba's.. it worked..

pazsion, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Dell Inspiron

1. Dell Inspiron - Similar Threads - Dell Inspiron

2. Fan issue on dell inspiron 5580 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan issue on dell inspiron 5580 laptop: First week of October : Fan started to make noticeable noise, even when the system temperature was low after booting up. Before this time it used to run at max speed without a sound. Third week of October : It started to make more noise and I felt my laptop vibrating...
  3. Question: If my Dell Inspiron 7558 doesn't run Windows 10 21H1 come spring of 2021, should...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question: If my Dell Inspiron 7558 doesn't run Windows 10 21H1 come spring of 2021, should...: My Norton 360 Deluxe Plus subscription with LifeLock and 100 GB of Norton cloud storage expires October 15th, 2023. I can't justify $109.99 each year & 6% Pennsylvania sales tax anymore like I used to be able to. I'm definitely waiting until January 15th, 2024 after CES 2024...
  4. Dell Inspiron 1525 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Inspiron 1525 and Win 10: Got an old Dell Inspiron 1525 running W7 at the moment. It is sluggish but usable. Was thinking of putting W10 on it. I'd probably swap the HDD for a SSD, but leave everything else stock (including the 2GB if RAM) Does this sound feasible, or is W10 too much for this old...
  5. Dell Inspiron N4110 Stuck In Bootloop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron N4110 Stuck In Bootloop: My laptop is stuck in the bootloop and i cant press any buttons and cant do anything if anyone has a answer to this problem plz let me know thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-n4110-stuck-in-bootloop/90c7b66d-95ad-4b2b-87b8-3b9a4320a86c
  6. I have a Dell Inspiron ONe. upgraded to windows 10 from 7. I cannot find bluetooth icon....

I have a Dell Inspiron ONe. upgraded to windows 10 from 7. I cannot find bluetooth icon....: I have a Dell Inspiron ONe. upgraded to windows 10 from 7. I cannot find bluetooth icon. Service tag number is D9MCF41 Express Code 288-798-969-6...
  7. It is November 2020 and Feature Update 2004 is still to be delivered on my Dell Inspiron 7559

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It is November 2020 and Feature Update 2004 is still to be delivered on my Dell Inspiron 7559: It is November 2020 and Feature Update 2004 is still to be delivered on my Dell Inspiron 7559. I updated all my drivers from Dell's support site, but no change. The update was received and installed successfully on the rest of my home PCs, including a 10-year old Acer laptop....
  8. Dell Inspiron mouse acting erratic

Dell Inspiron mouse acting erratic: My system runs OK for several days and then 2 things happen: I start getting alerts from McAfee about a problem [ I don't have an account with McAfee, it came installed on the computer] and 2 The mouse control starts to go haywwire [the pointer mover eratically and sometimes...
  9. Dell Inspiron Caught In Boot Loop After Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron Caught In Boot Loop After Resetting Windows: Hello again! I am experiencing an issue with my Dell Inspiron 15 3565 powering on for roughly 10-15 seconds, before performing a hard shutdown, where it sits for about 5 seconds before powering on again, only to repeat the cycle. I had to reset Windows due to it being very...
  10. Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10

Dell inspiron 15 touch pad not working on Windows 10: For the last few days my touchpad has stopped working on windows 10. My system has a dual boot setup. I have installed windows 10 and ubuntu on my system. Touchpad works fine in Ubuntu, but has problems in windows 10. There was an article regarding updating the driver, but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver required for welcome hello in dell inspiron 5482 2 in 1