Windows 10: Dell Keyboard Issue and Windows 10 activation

Discus and support Dell Keyboard Issue and Windows 10 activation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop (Dell Inspiron) which for some reason got it's keyboard mappings wrong and misbehaves. I tried resetting the driver but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abinav Shankar, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Dell Keyboard Issue and Windows 10 activation

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 laptop (Dell Inspiron) which for some reason got it's keyboard mappings wrong and misbehaves. I tried resetting the driver but it's of no use. I took it to the store and they are asking me to replace the keyboard but I can confirm there is nothing wrong with the physical keyboard because all the clicks are registered.

I'm thinking that factory resetting the PC would solve this issue but factory resetting would take me back to Windows 8.1. Since the Windows 10 free upgrade period is over, can I get back to Windows 10 or am I going to be stuck in Windows 8.1?

Any other suggestions to rectify the keyboard issue will also be helpful.

Thanks.

:)

Abinav Shankar, Apr 1, 2019
  2. ashvagan Win User

Dell 2520 keyboard issue on Windows 10

I have no issues opening the laptop by myself. Have done it a number of times. Suggestions on how to fix it will be welcome. As for the Dell Service center, unfortunately, the laptop is 5 years old and there aren't any reasonable Dell service centers in Pakistan *Think

ashvagan, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Keyboard issues in WIndows 10

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series which is a loaner machine while my Inspiron 17" is being repaired. I have serious issues with Dell about the turnaround time frame. The issue with my computer as well as this loaner is a hardware based keyboard problem.
    At times the entire keyboard will not work other times it works partially. I have reset the machine, deleted the keyboard and Windows 10 then reinstalls the Windows 10 drivers. Has anyone with a Dell experienced these issues? Is this a Windows 10 issue or
    a Dell hardware issue? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

BillMorejon, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Dell Keyboard Issue and Windows 10 activation

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Dell Keyboard Issue and Windows 10 activation

1. Dell Keyboard Issue and Windows 10 activation - Similar Threads - Dell Keyboard Issue

2. Dell All In One mouse & keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell All In One mouse & keyboard issue: The mouse pointer can be moved around the screen but it's jerky, the click doesn't work and the keyboard doesn't work. Usually within a minute or so I hear a ding and everything is fine. Sometimes though it can take 5 mins....
  3. Dell All In One mouse & keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell All In One mouse & keyboard issue: The mouse pointer can be moved around the screen but it's jerky, the click doesn't work and the keyboard doesn't work. Usually within a minute or so I hear a ding and everything is fine. Sometimes though it can take 5 mins....
  4. Windows 10 keyboard issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keyboard issues.: My keyboard is behaving as if the windows and/or ctrl key is being held down. Brand new pc, brand new keyboard and mouse both wired. It does it every time, and I am lucky to get 2 mins of usable keyboard time per restart. I have tried everything, but nothing seems to work....
  5. Dell Inspiron-15 3567 Keyboard Issue

Dell Inspiron-15 3567 Keyboard Issue: Keyboard Issue on Dell Inspiron-15 3567 Dell Inspiron-15 3567 Windows 10 Sometimes, when I turn on my laptop, the keyboarddoes not work and I have to restart thelaptop again to type on the keyboard. This also happens the same when I keep that in sleep mode I am asking...
  6. Windows 10 Dell OEM Key Activation Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Dell OEM Key Activation Issues: Hey, I've got a bunch of Dell OEM keys which I'm trying to use in some Dell OEM laptops. However, although having a Windows 8.1/10 sticker they are not activating. They also appear to have an Windows 7 default key embedded into the BIOS, which I believe is causing the...
  7. Keyboard Windows 10 issue

Keyboard Windows 10 issue: I notice that shift key and some letters keys such as A, alt don’t work. The most annoying is the shift key Any ideas about what may be happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-windows-10-issue/6df9a1c6-3d6a-4f90-810d-5ac4c2b8c0cd
  8. Smartcard reader issue with keyboard Dell KB813t

Smartcard reader issue with keyboard Dell KB813t: During the inserting smartcard into the smartcard reader - keyboard and smartcard reader crash not responding in windows 10 (versions 1803, 1809, probably all), but it is not happening on Windows 7 at all with the same set of drivers for both devices. I have tried latest...
  9. Keyboard issues with Windows 10

Keyboard issues with Windows 10: Hello, I have a generic Microsoft 200 keyboard and I'm running into two issues: 1) My keyboard goes into sleep mode every 5 seconds. I can tell because the Num Lock light goes off and comes back on when I hit any key. 2) If I long press a key, it seems to go into...
  10. Dell 2520 keyboard issue on Windows 10

Dell 2520 keyboard issue on Windows 10: hello everyone. I upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 on my Dell Vostro 2520 laptop, and the keyboard has started acting weird. The problem is usually with spacebar, backspace and enter keys, as they stop responding at all. I have to press them a number of times before they...