Windows 10: Dell laptop 5547

Discus and support Dell laptop 5547 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop 5547 with a locked/secure boot sequence. No admin password will work. I can install a new hard drive but will I have to have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HomerMoss, Oct 7, 2019.

1. HomerMoss Win User

Dell laptop 5547

I have a Dell laptop 5547 with a locked/secure boot sequence. No admin password will work. I can install a new hard drive but will I have to have my licensed Windows installed before installation or will I get a Windows Recovery Option to download Windows to activate?

:)

HomerMoss, Oct 7, 2019
  2. viennafiji, Oct 10, 2019
  3. HomerMoss Win User
    Dell laptop 5547

I have a Dell laptop 5547 with a locked/secure boot sequence. No admin password will work. I can install a new hard drive but will I have to have my licensed Windows installed before installation or will I get a Windows Recovery Option to download Windows
    to activate?

HomerMoss, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Dell laptop 5547

Laptop Dell 5547 i7 will not shut down via windows 10 after installation kingstone hyperx savage 480gb SSD

Laptop Dell 5547 i7 will not shut down via windows 10 after installation kingstone hyperx savage 480gb SSD

DELL inspiron 5547 i7 3,1ghz

8gb ram

amd r7 m265

I installed windows 10 everything successfully.. when i shut down.. the screen turns off but inside it's not closed totally....in order to shut down completely i have to hold power button..

PLEASE HELP.

NikitasAntonidis, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Dell laptop 5547

1. Dell laptop 5547 - Similar Threads - Dell laptop 5547

2. Dell laptop touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell laptop touchpad: I can't get the touchpad to disable. Device manager doesn't do it. I want to use the mouse with no interference from the touchpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-touchpad/a6ae1c9f-9095-4e36-999c-3c30d35b09c6
  3. Dell laptop not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell laptop not charging: My Dell inspiron won`t charge. Says plugged in not charging. Replaced battery with new and tried another charger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-not-charging/27b3e760-4cc8-4d1e-9baf-36d913a44d2c
  4. Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions: Sometimes but not always, when I try to log on to admin account, the password is not accepted. I have gotten it to work after entering it 5 times - I was told maybe keyboard is sick but it works for my standard account log on so don't think it is. System only 5 months old....
  5. dell laptop computer

dell laptop computer: I am using text now messaging & calling on my laptop When I call out I can hear the people Im calling but they cant hear me, Ive tried everything from default settings to PC with built in speakers, the connect mode in notifications ,device manager Audio input & output devices...
  6. dell laptop 1557

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dell laptop 1557: I took my laptop for repair it was working but would not restart 6 bleeps. now I have blue screen access tried most things suggested but nothing going around in circles 80004001 fault tried pressing f9 just went mad bleeping tried sfc/scannow did that does not work it says...
  7. Purchased a new Dell Laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purchased a new Dell Laptop.: Hello, I originally signed up for Microsoft 365 a few years back. Added my wife to use additional account. She purchased a new pc yesterday. She used my user account and outlook email, psassword etc.. So the question i have is can i remove my info from her pc and add her...
  8. Password reset on a dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password reset on a dell laptop: I am helping a friend who has a Dell laptop. It came with Windows 8 and no upgraded to Windows 10. Computer turns on, but no passwords work. Friend says she did not have a password and then there was an upgrade. I changed her Microsoft account so we have a password, but...
  9. Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop: I am having trouble getting past the dell loading screen that says attempting repairs and I have tried the system boot assessment and it’s still doing the same thing. And I was using my laptop earlier today and now can’t do anything with it can someone please help me
  10. Synaptics Error in Dell inspiron 5547 after updating to win 10

Synaptics Error in Dell inspiron 5547 after updating to win 10: After updating win 10 from 8.1, am getting the frequent pop when ever i use the touchpad. (pic attached) 1) Resinstalled driver, still popup continues 2) using autorun app, i have tried to remove the entry (It stops the popup but the Dell touchpad utility is not starting...