Windows 10: Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter

Discus and support Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have recently replaced my Dell XPS L702X battery this Christmas. I stopped using the computer for about 3 weeks and the battery no longer works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bones_McJeee, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter

I have recently replaced my Dell XPS L702X battery this Christmas. I stopped using the computer for about 3 weeks and the battery no longer works. Windows says it has 96 percent and not charging but if I unplug it the power cuts immanently. I followed the manufacture's instructions of doing the first cycles and used the laptop regularly for a while but now it no longer functions. Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/Bones_McJeee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bones_McJeee, Feb 12, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 12, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Lettiee Win User

Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter

ac adapter for battery charger not charging

my dell insprion 5551 ac adapter isn't charging by battery and I have tried all the suggestions that dell provided and still nothing. my battery is at 10%. I not had a problem till I remember month or 2 ago I reset my pc but ac adapter didn't get notice
    till month ago. when I purchased this laptop on line upon receiving I notice my warranty was good for 3months, no back up disk or factory image disk came with it, nothing came but pc and charger that never fitted firmly, its very loose. it also show on F2
    ac adapter unknown, led light on square box attach to charger lights up but still not charging and Dell wants me to renew warranty to fix problem when I didn't have much time to use warranty. I feel like this PC was refurbish or something. I didn't have a
    problem before with ac adapter charging. please someone help me , any suggestion so I don't have to spend what little money I have

Lettiee, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter

1. Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging or Working off of AC Adapter - Similar Threads - Dell Laptop Battery

2. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop wont charge battery: So im at my wits end. My laptop wont charge when the battery is plugged in, it connects and disconnects rapidly, it will work when the battery is disconnected however. I have replaced the battery and the power jack and theres been no change, and i’m unable to download a new...
  3. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell laptop wont charge battery: So im at my wits end. My laptop wont charge when the battery is plugged in, it connects and disconnects rapidly, it will work when the battery is disconnected however. I have replaced the battery and the power jack and theres been no change, and i’m unable to download a new...
  4. Dell laptop wont charge battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected: Charger is ok, battery is new. When charger is connected, the battery isnt draining and laptop is working normally, but the battery doesnt charge....
  6. My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected: Charger is ok, battery is new. When charger is connected, the battery isnt draining and laptop is working normally, but the battery doesnt charge....
  7. My laptop battery isnt charging with the AC adapter connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ac adapter warning message; battery will not charge: Need a fix for ac adapter warning as the battery will not charge. Says to use a 45 w adapter, but that's what I have. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ac-adapter-warning-message-battery-will-not-charge/7e3d3e2b-37bd-48a8-abcf-a70096d1c4c9
  9. Laptop battery not charging, BIOS says AC adapter not installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery not charging, BIOS says AC adapter not installed: My laptop no longer recognizes the AC adapter and doesn't hold a charge anymore. When I went to the BIOS, it told me that there wasn't an ac adapter installed. I've already replaced the harness jack and had to buy a new battery because the other one was completely drained....
  10. ac adapter for battery charger not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ac adapter for battery charger not charging: my dell insprion 5551 ac adapter isn't charging by battery and I have tried all the suggestions that dell provided and still nothing. my battery is at 10%. I not had a problem till I remember month or 2 ago I reset my pc but ac adapter didn't get notice till month ago. when I...