Windows 10: Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update

Discus and support Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all. My Dell laptop is now supposedly removing the last update after the update failed. I have had to do a safe mode re-start to see that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveOakview, May 14, 2019.

1. Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update

Hi all.

My Dell laptop is now supposedly removing the last update after the update failed. I have had to do a safe mode re-start to see that the update had failed and left the laptop with a black screen.

The removal notice said not to turn off the computer but it's been doing nothing (still a black screen) for 30 minutes now.

Is this the same problem as I have found whilst searching the net that happened in early 2018 or is the new?

Any suggestions on a fix would be great.

Thanks in advance

Dave

:)

DaveOakview, May 14, 2019
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, May 14, 2019
  3. Black Screen During Driver Update Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, May 14, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update

Dell 3455 black screen

Hello,

We suggest following the steps here in
    Troubleshoot black screen problems
    and see if it resolves the issue.

Update us on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update

1. Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update - Similar Threads - Dell laptop black

2. dell xps15 9530. Black screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dell xps15 9530. Black screen after windows update: received windows update after the update my screen on my dell xps 15 9530 went black all else works have tried everything now I wonder can I go back to my 8.1 an will that turn my screen on an then update to windows 10. Will this clear up the black screen im at a loss an...
  3. Laptop screen black after update

Laptop screen black after update: So I was updating windows from 1903 to 20H2 I deleted a bunch of file due to storage then waited a long time then after I turned on my laptop the screen was black the power button shows it on but wont display anything Did I delete something that windows needed? I don't...
  4. Computer boots to a black screen after latest update.

Computer boots to a black screen after latest update.: I was able to get into the recovery menu and uninstalled I think, no way to be sure the update, but the same thing is still happening. It won't go into safe mode, press and press the F8 button, no good. The automatic repair came up a few times, but no good came from that....
  5. Black Screen After Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen After Latest Update: After installing the latest update not the most recent one, my HP laptop shut down and will not start again. All I get is a black screen. How can I restart Windows 10? Pat...
  6. After update dell blue/black screen

After update dell blue/black screen: So after a recent windows 10 update I've had these screens appear. I cant get rid of it and get to safe mode If tried 3 times reset numerous times, turned off. Unplugged. Cleaned out cables and replugged in Please help. [IMG][IMG]...
  7. After update dell blue/black screen

After update dell blue/black screen: So after a recent windows 10 update I've had these screens appear. I cant get rid of it and get to safe mode If tried 3 times reset numerous times, turned off. Unplugged. Cleaned out cables and replugged in Please help. [IMG][IMG]...
  8. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: I started the update to my Win10 Pro last night. The screen said it will take a long time (my words), so I went to bed expecting the latest to be fully installed and ready to go this morning. However, I now have a black screen. Occasionally, I will see my mouse cursor, and...
  9. Black screen after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....
  10. Windows 10 Black Loading Screen After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black Loading Screen After Latest Update: Hello, So yesterday I went to shut down my computer when Windows only gave me the option "Update & Shut Down" so I gave in and let it do its thing and update. I left it to update over night and came back this morning to a black loading screen with a little spiral spinning...