Windows 10: Dell Laptop: BSODs Everywhere!

Discus and support Dell Laptop: BSODs Everywhere! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, My parents bought me a shiny Dell Inspiron 14 5482 in August of 2019, for my birthday on the 4th of Jan, I received the laptop and low and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by iTunesVisualiser, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Dell Laptop: BSODs Everywhere!

Hi all, My parents bought me a shiny Dell Inspiron 14 5482 in August of 2019, for my birthday on the 4th of Jan, I received the laptop and low and behold something was wrong with it, the day after i put a support request in because the WiFi card wasnt working, Later the screen would only work in certain positions, had to get that fixed, later it wiped itself doing an update, had to send it away for a month, now it wont even boot due to bcd issues and i have no idea of what to do. I have had so many problems with this bleeping laptop.

:)

iTunesVisualiser, Aug 24, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

Win 7 works fine, I'm typing on it right now. Wondering if I should actually jump and upgrade. There must be a driver somewhere that I can use to install XP *Wtf :wtf:

Not a particularly productive suggestion. Though I'd never buy a Dell, I have had luck with thier laptops errm... excepting this time, lol.

Sasqui, Aug 24, 2020
  3. alucasa Win User
    Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

There should be. Otherwise, you wouldn't have had XP in the first place. Unless you have to absolutely use XP for some older programs that no longer work with 7, I'd suggest you jump the boat and use 7.

Having owned two DELL laptops so far, I know that their OS restore CDs often come with slightly modified drivers to make it work without getting BSOD. For a good example, my Dell XPS M1330, it has vista home premium 32bit. If I use a regular vista 32bit CD, it will get BSOD during install. I have to use DELL's OS restore CD to get it installed.

alucasa, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Josie23 Win User

Dell Laptop: BSODs Everywhere!

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Dell Laptop: BSODs Everywhere! [​IMG]

Josie23, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Dell Laptop: BSODs Everywhere!

1. Dell Laptop: BSODs Everywhere! - Similar Threads - Dell Laptop BSODs

2. Crashing and BSODs Access violation errors everywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing and BSODs Access violation errors everywhere: My specs are as follows also should be in dxdiag.txt:- AMD Ryzen 7 4800H- GTX1660Ti mobile- 2 x 8GB RAM sticks SK Hynix + WDC. Initially it was SK Hynix + SK Hynix, but i replaced one after suspicion that faulty RAM was cause of crashes, which turned out to be false.- 2 x...
  3. Crashing and BSODs Access violation errors everywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing and BSODs Access violation errors everywhere: My specs are as follows also should be in dxdiag.txt:- AMD Ryzen 7 4800H- GTX1660Ti mobile- 2 x 8GB RAM sticks SK Hynix + WDC. Initially it was SK Hynix + SK Hynix, but i replaced one after suspicion that faulty RAM was cause of crashes, which turned out to be false.- 2 x...
  4. Crashing and BSODs Access violation errors everywhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Malfunctions everywhere.

Malfunctions everywhere.: I recently got malware on my computer, I got rid of it. However, Many things have been working weirdly ever since. I cannot launch Mail or the Microsoft store, and I cannot sign in to my Microsoft account inside of the settings application as it immediately closes. Please...
  6. Stutters everywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stutters everywhere: Okay so like a week ago my computer is all **** up..Basicly what is happening is that if i play a game and i press the windows button ingame my computer stutters insane like i can barley move the mouse and the sound become completly **** up, Its like that until i move my...
  7. Dell laptop keeps getting BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop keeps getting BSODs: My Dell G5 15 5587 laptop keeps getting BSODs when I launch games, and once while updating graphics drivers. This has happened to me 3 times in the past 2 days now. I had these issues before but not so often and was told by this forum that they were due to graphics drivers...
  8. Dell laptop keeps getting BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop keeps getting BSODs: My Dell G5 15 5587 laptop keeps getting BSODs when I launch games, and once while updating graphics drivers. This has happened to me 3 times in the past 2 days now. I had these issues before but not so often and was told by this forum that they were due to graphics drivers...
  9. BSOD Dell Laptop Error 0x00000051

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Dell Laptop Error 0x00000051: I just got a BSOD error on my Dell laptop, I think my first one after more than a year since buying it, after waking my computer from sleep mode and trying to open 3 excel spreadsheets at once. After the laptop restarted everything seemed to be working fine, but I'm not sure...
  10. Persistent, recurring BSODs on Dell laptop

Persistent, recurring BSODs on Dell laptop: I have been having difficulties with BSODs on a Dell laptop since I purchased it new in December, 2018. I recently had to send the laptop to Dell for service they replaced a bad keyboard, and I also asked them to look at the BSODs. What they did was reinstall Windows. I...