Windows 10: Dell laptop camera not working

Discus and support Dell laptop camera not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just recently purchased a Dell laptop with Windows 10, and just recently discovered the camera will not work on any app. I tried following the help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SofiaVersalles-Duffert, May 9, 2019.

1. Dell laptop camera not working

I just recently purchased a Dell laptop with Windows 10, and just recently discovered the camera will not work on any app. I tried following the help page for reasons the camera might not work, but it doesn't even show that there is one, even though there clearly is a camera on the top of the laptop. It won't show on device manager, I have the privacy settings updated to allow the camera to work on the camera app but it still is not working. Please help!!!!

:)

SofiaVersalles-Duffert, May 9, 2019

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 9, 2019
  3. Camera on laptop not working

Hello Ferrandino,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the camera is not working in your PC. We will help you.

As per the description above, you have tried troubleshooting and still the camera is not working. This could be a hardware issue in your PC.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What all steps did you try to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any recent hardware or software changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try updating or reinstalling the camera drivers?
    • What is the exact make and model of your machine?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 9, 2019
  4. Dell laptop camera not working

Laptop Camera Not Working

Hello,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop that was purchased in November of 2014. I don't use my laptop camera much but I've recently learned that it won't work and I have tried everything suggested by those who have answered other people's question similar to mine.

I get the error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00DABE0)

I've tried all of this and have reset my computer and still I get the same message:

The error code 0xA00F425C(0x80004005) that you've encountered may be due to software conflicts or broken components. To have this resolved, we'd like to confirm if you've already tried running the Windows App troubleshooter. This tool is usually used if
    a Windows app isn't functioning accordingly. If you haven't done it yet, please click here to download the tool and run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try uninstalling the app via PowerShell command and reinstall it after. Here are the steps.

• In the search box, type Windows PowerShell.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Close the window and restart your computer.
    • Reinstall the Camera app from the Store app.
    • Once you're done, check the outcome

How do I get my camera to work?

BrittneyNA, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Dell laptop camera not working

1. Dell laptop camera not working - Similar Threads - Dell laptop camera

2. Laptop Camera not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Camera not working: MSI GT60 ONE laptop inbuilt Camera is not available for use. Camera was visible using show hidden devices in device manager, before device driver was removed. It is now not visible anywhere after device driver removed....
  3. camera not working on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera not working on laptop: camera not working on laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-on-laptop/e6a7fc23-7958-4f48-9129-c28ab4e8868f
  4. Dell laptop camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell laptop camera not working: I have a dell inspiron 5559 laptop. I recently updated my laptop through windows update and since then my built-in camera stopped working. I have tried may options but it failed to start. Imaging device is missing in the Device manager, so no camera found. when i try to...
  5. Laptop camera not working

Laptop camera not working: My camera has stopped working and I cannot load photos from my android phone, Help please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-camera-not-working/c41adbb1-836d-48f1-b351-7b8d2604e8d3
  6. Dell Laptop built-in Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244 <no cameras are attached>

Dell Laptop built-in Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244 <no cameras are attached>: Dear all - Help needed, hope to hear from you a working fix soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-built-in-camera-not-working-error-code/987a4f95-b2ec-4cbe-b08d-40b9b777be73
  7. Laptop camera not working

Laptop camera not working: My laptop camera doesn't seem to be working with any application. All the required settings are turned on but it doesnt make a difference. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-camera-not-working/f755ad61-e19f-4c3c-aeb3-0689767dd03a
  8. Laptop Camera Not Working

Laptop Camera Not Working: Hi, I am actually facing this problem from the past 1 week. My Acer laptop camera is not working and I reached out to the Acer Care Centre. They tried to help me with it but they couldn't and described it as an incompatibility issue. Whenever I turn on my camera it says...
  9. Dell screen camera does not work

Dell screen camera does not work: I am using an old screen DellSP2208WFP(Analog) I have as a second monitor. I can't have its camera works on my lenovo windows 10 PC no matter what I try. Should I scrap it and get a new one or there can be a solution?...
  10. Camera stopped working on my Dell laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera stopped working on my Dell laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559. The camera of my laptop stopped working as expected. It works only when I turn on the laptop, but when it goes to sleep or I close the lid the issue shows up. It starts working only after rebooting my laptop. My touchpad has also stopped working. Help!...