Windows 10: Dell laptop cannot get past "Hi There" settings screen

Discus and support Dell laptop cannot get past "Hi There" settings screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to reset my laptop and now when I try to set it up, I cant get past the "Hi there" settings screen that asks for country, language, keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jamesac42, Aug 30, 2016.

1. jamesac42 Win User

Dell laptop cannot get past "Hi There" settings screen

I tried to reset my laptop and now when I try to set it up, I cant get past the "Hi there" settings screen that asks for country, language, keyboard layout, and time zone. I hit next and then use express settings and the computer gives me the spinning white dots and then reboots back to the blue "Hi there" screen. I can get into BIOS and have a recovery drive plugged in to the laptop, but nothing seems to work. The computer can't find the drive, or my admin password is incorrect, or something else goes wrong. This is very frustrating as I haven't been able to use the laptop for a few days now.

:)

jamesac42, Aug 30, 2016

2. Can't open computer after download

We have two computers in the house. We successfully downloaded Windows 10 on the laptop. We downloaded it on the desktop too, but now cannot get past Username and password on this computer. Screen comes up "Other User", we have never set up any "Other
    User" format. Are unable to get to any other screen on the desktop.

Barbara--44, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Screen rotation is locked and I cannot change it

Suddenly my screen rotation stopped on my Dell XPS12 laptop, it is the laptop you can flip the screen over and use like a tablet. I am running Windows 10 and when the screen stopped rotating I went into the display settings and found the screen rotation
    "locked" and I cannot change it to unlocked, the switch is "faded and grey" and it is no longer adjustable, it is permanently in the locked position. This pretty much ruins the tablet mode of my laptop. Please fix this problem.

George and KittyBiesheuvel, Aug 30, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Can you log in to safe mode then try sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt. Its possible you have a corrupt user profile. You could create a new account and see if that fixes the problem. Do you have backup you can recover from? If not, you could try a repair install.

Steve C, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Dell laptop cannot get past "Hi There" settings screen - Similar Threads - Dell laptop cannot

2. Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen: Hi, I've had a really frustrating day trying to get my computer back up and running but I have very little technical knowledge to help me. I built the computer myself 4 years ago and it has been running fine in general; however, there have been times where it failed to...
  3. Cannot get past the welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot get past the welcome screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ookgluk32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eac6xb/cannot_get_past_the_welcome_screen/
  4. Cannot get past the welcome screen after a windows 10 reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get past the welcome screen after a windows 10 reset: I had to reset my pc, I choose reset & keep my files, after the reset, the pc got to the welcome screen but said I needed internet to enter my password or pin. it stated NO INTERNET, the welcome screen internet icon showed me as connected but with no internet, the welcome...
  5. New laptop, cant get past pin screen and finish setting up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New laptop, cant get past pin screen and finish setting up: I have a new laptop, windows 10, in the middle of setting up. I am repeatedly getting sent to a hello pin setup page. I cannot finish setup to get my new laptop running as i cant get past this screen. It freezes when u click “setup pin” a continual loading screen....
  6. My Dell laptop stuck on the "hi There" Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Dell laptop stuck on the "hi There" Screen: Hello, I factory reset my dell laptop and then I turn it on but it gives me an infinite loop of resetting the laptop whit the "hi there "Screen. But when I go to windows recovery and used startup repair but it gave me "Hi, Administrator or User01 or go to any other options...
  7. Cannot get past first page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get past first page: When I turn my computer on, it will not allow the camera to see me and automatically sign me in. How do I make the camera see me? I probably have a password, but I cannot recall it. Can I access the password so I can write it down. I have tried to guess the password,...
  8. Windows won't boot past Dell screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot past Dell screen: My Inspiron 15-7000 series with Windows 10 will not boot. It gets stuck on the Dell logo screen, or, when it tries to start the Recovery tool on the Dell screen, it gets stuck there, too. I tried to get to the Safe Mode screen, but couldn't get there. Any fix for this??...
  9. I can't get past the lock screen on my Dell Laptop running OS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't get past the lock screen on my Dell Laptop running OS 10: I recently bought a Dell Inspiron Gaming laptop a few months ago. Was very busy in the last 6 weeks and did not get on it. Pulled it out today and went to type in my password and it did not recognize it. I tried a few more times and then tried to reset the password. It asked...
  10. Re: I cannot get past windows login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Re: I cannot get past windows login screen: When the login screen appears it also says I forgot password. I have tried to retrieve my password but that doesn't work. Eventually I got a black screen with the windows symbol date time etc at the bottom but unable to click on any of them. At the side of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell hi there screen

2. Cant get past Hi There screen

3. hi there dell pc

4. windows 10 unable to get past hi there screen,
  5. dell hi there error