Windows 10: Dell laptop cannot get past "Hi There" settings screen

Discus and support Dell laptop cannot get past "Hi There" settings screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to reset my laptop and now when I try to set it up, I cant get past the "Hi there" settings screen that asks for country, language, keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jamesac42, Aug 30, 2016.

1. jamesac42 Win User

Dell laptop cannot get past "Hi There" settings screen

I tried to reset my laptop and now when I try to set it up, I cant get past the "Hi there" settings screen that asks for country, language, keyboard layout, and time zone. I hit next and then use express settings and the computer gives me the spinning white dots and then reboots back to the blue "Hi there" screen. I can get into BIOS and have a recovery drive plugged in to the laptop, but nothing seems to work. The computer can't find the drive, or my admin password is incorrect, or something else goes wrong. This is very frustrating as I haven't been able to use the laptop for a few days now.

:)

jamesac42, Aug 30, 2016

2. Can't open computer after download

We have two computers in the house. We successfully downloaded Windows 10 on the laptop. We downloaded it on the desktop too, but now cannot get past Username and password on this computer. Screen comes up "Other User", we have never set up any "Other
    User" format. Are unable to get to any other screen on the desktop.

Barbara--44, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Screen rotation is locked and I cannot change it

Suddenly my screen rotation stopped on my Dell XPS12 laptop, it is the laptop you can flip the screen over and use like a tablet. I am running Windows 10 and when the screen stopped rotating I went into the display settings and found the screen rotation
    "locked" and I cannot change it to unlocked, the switch is "faded and grey" and it is no longer adjustable, it is permanently in the locked position. This pretty much ruins the tablet mode of my laptop. Please fix this problem.

George and KittyBiesheuvel, Aug 30, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Can you log in to safe mode then try sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt. Its possible you have a corrupt user profile. You could create a new account and see if that fixes the problem. Do you have backup you can recover from? If not, you could try a repair install.

Steve C, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Dell laptop cannot get past "Hi There" settings screen - Similar Threads - Dell laptop cannot

2. I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot get past my login screen on my Laptop: A couple of days ago. I downloaded a New Driver updater software.Since doing that. I cannot login into my laptop. I get the message . Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. When I click Set my PIN nothing happens.There is also a Sign...
  3. Cannot get past a black screen

Cannot get past a black screen: When I try to open the advanced start up settings my computer blue screens and saids “your pc has ran into a problem and needs to restart” which doesn’t restart but turn off my computers I can not get into safe mode either. My computer blue screened while I was playing a game...
  4. Cannot get past a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past a black screen: When I try to open the advanced start up settings my computer blue screens and saids “your pc has ran into a problem and needs to restart” which doesn’t restart but turn off my computers I can not get into safe mode either. My computer blue screened while I was playing a game...
  5. Cannot get past a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot get past the screen saaver

Cannot get past the screen saaver: I cannot get past the screensaver. Normally I select ALT/CTRL/DELETE to get me to the screen when I enter my sign on. This is not working, ALT/CTRL/DELETE is not allowing me to get to the next screen and log in...
  7. Dell laptop doesn't get past date/time screen

Dell laptop doesn't get past date/time screen: Laptop was ok Friday 2/12. On Saturday, laptop didn't boot to the log in screen. New Windows update?? The date/time screen came up but then it hangs with the next picture blurred. In the right corner are Network, Ease of Access, Power button. They all work. I'm not able to...
  8. Dell XPS: Laptop struggling to get past Dell screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS: Laptop struggling to get past Dell screen: Hi Everyone- Hoping to get some help/insight. My laptop (Dell XPS 13 / Version number 18362.657) has been struggling to turn on for sometime. The screen will light up with the Dell logo, however will not move past that point until I manually shut down & restart. I've been...
  9. Cannot get past the welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot get past the welcome screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ookgluk32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eac6xb/cannot_get_past_the_welcome_screen/
  10. My Dell laptop stuck on the "hi There" Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Dell laptop stuck on the "hi There" Screen: Hello, I factory reset my dell laptop and then I turn it on but it gives me an infinite loop of resetting the laptop whit the "hi there "Screen. But when I go to windows recovery and used startup repair but it gave me "Hi, Administrator or User01 or go to any other options...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell hi there screen

2. Cant get past Hi There screen

3. hi there dell pc

4. windows 10 unable to get past hi there screen,
  5. dell hi there error