Windows 10: Dell Laptop crash - can't locate my windows 10 pro license

Discus and support Dell Laptop crash - can't locate my windows 10 pro license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Dell Laptop Inspiron 3000 crashed. I reinstalled windows 10 home. I purchased windows 10 pro Sept 2015 but I am unable to locate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by StevePacitti, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Dell Laptop crash - can't locate my windows 10 pro license

My Dell Laptop Inspiron 3000 crashed. I reinstalled windows 10 home. I purchased windows 10 pro Sept 2015 but I am unable to locate the license/activation key. Any solutions?

:)

StevePacitti, Jun 10, 2021

2. I upgraded a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home installed from Dell to Windows 10 Pro where is the Windows 10 Pro license key located

I upgraded a Dell laptop that came with Windows 10 Home installed from Dell to Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft online upgrade for $99 where is the Windows 10 Pro license key located .

If ever need will I be able to reinstall Windows 10 Pro using this product key with a downloaded version of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft? I am thinking about re installing Windows 10 Pro and starting over with a clean install.

BruceWKennedy, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Windows 7 license question

Hi. Is it possible to take a Windows 7 Pro license that's currently installed on a Dell laptop and move that to a Dell desktop and take the Windows 7 Home license from the Dell desktop and install that on the laptop? I would just be switching the licenses from one to another. I get conflicting answers. The desktop would have a new hard drive installed on it and more RAM. I would be doing a fresh install on BOTH machines using a legitimate bloat free Windows disk. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jun 10, 2021
  4. myagkov-a Win User

Dell Laptop crash - can't locate my windows 10 pro license

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Hi!

I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently ->
    choose my old laptop in list and get "Unable to activate windows" error without specific error code.

Is it possible to activate Windows 10 pro with digital license on new laptop?

myagkov-a, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Dell Laptop crash - can't locate my windows 10 pro license

1. Dell Laptop crash - can't locate my windows 10 pro license - Similar Threads - Dell Laptop crash

2. I can't find my Windows 10/11 Pro license to install on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find my Windows 10/11 Pro license to install on a new laptop: I can't find my Windows 10/11 Pro license to install on a new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-windows-1011-pro-license-to-install/d870f5c5-8590-495e-a69c-1664e5a95b85
  3. Can't activate Windows -10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows -10 Pro License: Hello,Our environment as follows,Windows 10 Pro N for workstation.Version - 21H1OS Build - 19043When i tried to active the windows license key under Settings > Update and Security > Activation.Press the Change Product key.Entered our License key But it shows below error. We...
  4. Can't activate Windows -10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows -10 Pro License: Hello,Our environment as follows,Windows 10 Pro N for workstation.OS Build version - 19043When i tried to active the windows license key under Settings > Update and Security > Activation.Press the Change Product key.Entered our License key But it shows below error. We have no...
  5. Can't activate Windows -10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows -10 Pro License: Hello,Our environment as follows,Windows 10 Pro N for workstation.OS Build version - 19043When i tried to active the windows license key under Settings > Update and Security > Activation.Press the Change Product key.Entered our License key But it shows below error. We have no...
  6. My Dell laptop is crashing unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Dell laptop is crashing unexpectedly: So my laptop keeps crashing and I don't know why. Kindly help me please https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XdihZYvfYDENl8oLCK4YuFL6tiL4-o89?usp=sharing So that is the drive link to the latest dump file generated by my laptop...
  7. Invalid license in Dell laptop?

Invalid license in Dell laptop?: A relative of mine, far away from here, bought this refurbished Dell E4310 from a local computer shop (local to them) 3 years ago. When I visited them recently, they dug it out of their closet and asked me to look at it. I noticed it was running and older version of Win10 so...
  8. How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro - purchased license with Dell laptop: Can anyone guide me on how I can upgrade my OS on Dell Inspiron 1500 I purchased in 2016 with the 10 Pro license. I've been operating with Windows 7 Pro downgrade option. The computer is past the extended warranty period so I can't get any help from Dell. It shows with...
  9. Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop

Moving my Windows 10 Pro license to a new laptop: Hello, I have two laptops, both came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed and activated. I applied my Windows 10 Pro key to one of them but now I'd like to move this license. Is it possible to do it and keep my pre-installed Windows 10 Home on the first laptop and re-use this...
  10. Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop

Can't move windows 10 pro license to new laptop: Hi! I have laptop with windows 10 pro digital license connected with my Microsoft account. I bought new laptop and want to move my windows 10 license. I installed windows 10 pro. In activation options I choose Troubleshooting -> I changed hardware recently -> choose my old...