Windows 10: Dell Laptop does not pick up 5 GHZ network for my wi fi modem

Discus and support Dell Laptop does not pick up 5 GHZ network for my wi fi modem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I only have a Dell network driver to run at 2.4ghz . Is there a driver available for 5 GHZ. I have no problem accessing 5GHZ connection from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Varney, May 16, 2020.

1. Dell Laptop does not pick up 5 GHZ network for my wi fi modem

I only have a Dell network driver to run at 2.4ghz . Is there a driver available for 5 GHZ. I have no problem accessing 5GHZ connection from my cellphone

:)

John Varney, May 16, 2020
  2. Lisa Win User

Can't pick up 5 GHz Wi-Fi any more (Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter)

My laptop could pick up 5 GHz before this, and it can't any more. How can I fix this?

Wi-Fi adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter

Driver version: 12.0.0.720 (latest)

Radio type support

Device Manager Wi-Fi Adapter Advanced Settings

I noticed in the Wi-Fi Adapter Advanced settings only show three options (D0 Packet Coalescing, Network Address and Roaming Aggressiveness only), and I can't see preferred band.

3. Brink Win User
    Wi-Fi Alliance brings Wi-Fi 6 into 6 GHz as Wi-Fi 6E

Source: Wi-Fi Alliance(R) brings Wi-Fi 6 into 6 GHz | Wi-Fi Alliance

Brink, May 16, 2020
  4. johnny234 Win User

Dell Laptop does not pick up 5 GHZ network for my wi fi modem

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Dell Laptop does not pick up 5 GHZ network for my wi fi modem

1. Dell Laptop does not pick up 5 GHZ network for my wi fi modem - Similar Threads - Dell Laptop does

2. Wi-Fi networks not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi networks not showing up.: I’m having a problem with my Windows 10 connecting to the WiFi. None of the internet names show up. I’ve searched all over the internet for some fix and I tried so many things and it doesn’t fix it. I just reset my computer and kept some files and it still didn’t work. I then...
  3. Wi-Fi networks not showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi networks not showing up.: I’m having a problem with my Windows 10 connecting to the WiFi. None of the internet names show up. I’ve searched all over the internet for some fix and I tried so many things and it doesn’t fix it. I just reset my computer and kept some files and it still didn’t work. I then...
  4. Wi-Fi networks not showing up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in Windows 10: Depending upon the hardware, you can use 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in your Windows 10 computer to get a better internet speed. Here is how you can switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands in Windows 10. In general, if your computer has a 5 GHz adapter and your Wi-Fi...
  6. What kind of wi-fi card to receive 5 GHZ signals

What kind of wi-fi card to receive 5 GHZ signals: I was getting too much interference in a multi unit housing building on a 2.4 GHZ channel and upgraded my router to put out a 5 GHZ wifi signal. This worked for a laptop but my desktop wifi card is old enough that it doesn't pick up the 5 GHZ network. When shopping for an...
  7. Wi-Fi Network won't show up on my laptop

Wi-Fi Network won't show up on my laptop: Hello, I'm an avid windows 10 user currently on a low-end laptop. I recently started using a popular program by the name of GeForce Now, which requires good internet connections to function at its best. I have two home networks. One is 2.4ghz, and the other is 5ghz. The 5ghz...
  8. Can't connect laptop to 5 GHz home wi-fi. Does my laptop support 5 GHz wi-fi?

Can't connect laptop to 5 GHz home wi-fi. Does my laptop support 5 GHz wi-fi?: I'm using Windows 10 on a laptop from 2014. I don't think it supports 5 GHz wi-fi. I went into the black "Command Prompt" screen and entered the code to see the "radio types supported". It says in this order: "802.11b 802.11g 802.11n" Does this support 5GHz? Thanks...
  9. Modem/Wi-Fi/PC

Modem/Wi-Fi/PC: Can you, using a RJ45 male to 3 way female splitter (at the Modem), combine hard wiring (Ethernet Cat-5) to a Wi-Fi router, and to two PC's? IOW, can I use both Wi-Fi and Ethernet cabling on a PC at the same time? I'm trying to maximize my download speeds for gaming. Thanks...
  10. Wi-Fi Alliance brings Wi-Fi 6 into 6 GHz as Wi-Fi 6E

in Windows 10 News
    Wi-Fi Alliance brings Wi-Fi 6 into 6 GHz as Wi-Fi 6E: Wi-Fi 6E will rapidly deliver benefits in 6 GHz once available Wi-Fi Alliance® is introducing new terminology to distinguish forthcoming Wi-Fi 6 devices that are capable of 6 GHz operation, an important portion of unlicensed spectrum that may soon be made available by...