Windows 10: Dell laptop doesn't get past date/time screen

Discus and support Dell laptop doesn't get past date/time screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Laptop was ok Friday 2/12. On Saturday, laptop didn't boot to the log in screen. New Windows update?? The date/time screen came up but then it hangs... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Desch4, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Desch4 Win User

Dell laptop doesn't get past date/time screen

Laptop was ok Friday 2/12. On Saturday, laptop didn't boot to the log in screen. New Windows update?? The date/time screen came up but then it hangs with the next picture blurred. In the right corner are Network, Ease of Access, Power button. They all work. I'm not able to boot to Safe Mode. I'm not able to use F8. I've been searching the internet, but can't get into Restore mode or any advanced features. This is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series laptop. Thanks.

:)

Desch4, Feb 14, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Dell laptop doesn't get past date/time screen [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 14, 2021
  4. michael Win User

Is this problem with Dell 5558/9 Laptop Matee screen?

i7 6500u 6th gen
    16GB RAM
    2TB HDD
    4GB Graphics
    15.6" FHD Screen
    Matte screen
    DVD ROM
    MAXX Audio

Please suggest me any other laptop which comes closer to this except Dell 5559, i7 and 16GB RAM is must

michael, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Dell laptop doesn't get past date/time screen - Similar Threads - Dell laptop doesn't

2. Windows 11 can't get past time and date screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't get past time and date screen: I rebooted my computer today because it was lagging. On start-up, when I would normally press a key and enter my PIN, it just flashes the time again, so I'm stuck not being able to log on. CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work to get me past it. The three-time power cycle trick hasn't...
  3. Windows 11 can't get past time and date screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't get past time and date screen: I rebooted my computer today because it was lagging. On start-up, when I would normally press a key and enter my PIN, it just flashes the time again, so I'm stuck not being able to log on. CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work to get me past it. The three-time power cycle trick hasn't...
  4. Can't get past date and time screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get past date and time screen.: My lock screen keeps reverting back to the date and time screen, immediately after I click or hit a key to try and enter my login, it goes back to showing the date and time. Press Crtl+Alt+Delete doesn't do anything. I've gone into system recovery mode but for some reason it...
  5. Can't get past time and date screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't get past time and date screen: After my PC was powered down for 6 days, it only boots up to the Windows 10 time and date screen. Login screen does not appear. I can access BIOS and the Automatic Repair Mode. I ran diagnostics and restart in Automatic Repair Mode but nothing changed. I've been trying to...
  6. Changing date and time to the past

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing date and time to the past: So if I were to change the date and time of my pc to let’s say 2019 for a while, at most an hour, would I have any issues with windows, or more broadly my computer? And could I also change it back to the current date without issues as well? submitted by /u/enderpearler1234...
  7. Windows cant get past date/time screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows cant get past date/time screen: I just started having an issue today. I am running windows 10 and did an update yesterday before turning off my computer. My computer boots to windows time/date screen with no issues. I can access bios durring this boot time. Once i get to the time/date screen however any...
  8. Dell XPS: Laptop struggling to get past Dell screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS: Laptop struggling to get past Dell screen: Hi Everyone- Hoping to get some help/insight. My laptop (Dell XPS 13 / Version number 18362.657) has been struggling to turn on for sometime. The screen will light up with the Dell logo, however will not move past that point until I manually shut down & restart. I've been...
  9. Cannot get past date time screen after Windows 10 auto update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot get past date time screen after Windows 10 auto update.: [img] 74807
  10. Dell laptop cannot get past "Hi There" settings screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell laptop cannot get past "Hi There" settings screen: I tried to reset my laptop and now when I try to set it up, I cant get past the "Hi there" settings screen that asks for country, language, keyboard layout, and time zone. I hit next and then use express settings and the computer gives me the spinning white dots and then...