Windows 10: dell laptop doesn't go to sleep, screen keeps turning back on

Discus and support dell laptop doesn't go to sleep, screen keeps turning back on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This issue has been frustrating me for a while now, and I'm getting really irritated because I'm sure you guys up there at Microsoft are aware of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by stuffedtiger, Apr 18, 2021.

1. dell laptop doesn't go to sleep, screen keeps turning back on

This issue has been frustrating me for a while now, and I'm getting really irritated because I'm sure you guys up there at Microsoft are aware of this issue but I still haven't seen any fix for it.

There are many discussions here from people who have Dell laptops with the same issue, so I'm assuming it's specific to Dell.

My computer won't go into sleep mode. Every time sleep should be starting, the screen turns back on and the idle timer is reset. I've talked to Dell support about this and their response is "this is an issue with Connected Standby," so I'm bringing this issue here. I ran "powercfg /sleepstudy" from cmd and every time the screen turns back on, the reason is "Input Mouse." I can assure you though, that there is zero activity from any of my devices when this happens.

Please. I'm begging you. Do something about this. This has been a pain in my **** for too long.

:)

stuffedtiger, Apr 18, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

dell laptop doesn't go to sleep, screen keeps turning back on [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Windows Spotlight doesn`t turn on

Hello

I was trying to turn on windows spotlight for my lock screen background in windows 10 v1709 build 16299.125, But it doesn`t turn on. I click on windows spotlight, It changes to spotlight, But not the preview picture, Then I come out from settings, again
    go in for lock screen background change, But the background is again on picture! I`ve done every thing to fix it, Nothing changed. Help me please

Amirali Salimi, Apr 18, 2021
  4. dell laptop doesn't go to sleep, screen keeps turning back on

Turn Screen Off and Sleep

Thank you for your reply. Below is more information.

All computers are running W10.

A week ago I set my wife's laptop to turn the screen off after 15 minutes; works perfectly; Go to Sleep = Never.

My Dell desktop XPS 400 and my Dell Inspiron 14z have never worked at all. I have tried 10 and 15 minutes on both machines. Neither has ever worked to turn off the screen. I first tried setting both my desktop and my laptop to turn the screen off 2 days
    ago.

Current Power & Sleep Settings:

My Dell XPS 400 desktop: Turn screen off = 15 minutes; Go to sleep = Never

My Dell Inspiron 14z = Plugged in turn screen off = 15 minutes; Go to sleep = Never.

My Dell Inspiron 14z = On battery turn screen off = 5 minutes; Go to sleep = 5 minutes. (It's always plugged in.)

Hope that helps.

CraigHamiltonJr, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

dell laptop doesn't go to sleep, screen keeps turning back on

1. dell laptop doesn't go to sleep, screen keeps turning back on - Similar Threads - dell laptop doesn't

2. My laptop keeps going back to blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps going back to blue screen: When I opened my laptop it didn't charge to turn it on and the blue error screen popped up and fixed all the problems and nothing worked and it kept going back to blue screen, even tried resetting but it still sent me to blue screen. How do I solve this problem?...
  3. My laptop keeps going back to blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps going back to blue screen: When I opened my laptop it didn't charge to turn it on and the blue error screen popped up and fixed all the problems and nothing worked and it kept going back to blue screen, even tried resetting but it still sent me to blue screen. How do I solve this problem?...
  4. Laptop screen doesn't go back after automatically turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen doesn't go back after automatically turns off: I have an Asus laptop acting weird.When the usb receiver for the wireless mouse is connected, the screen turns off 5 minutes for me due to inactivity and the screen comes back when I press a button on the keyboard or use the mouse.When I don't have the receiver connected, the...
  5. Screen doesn't go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen doesn't go into sleep mode: My screen doesn't go into sleep mode even though the settings are set. I tried changing settings and rebooting but screen stays on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-doesnt-go-into-sleep-mode/98d2c93d-e3a5-4bd8-be0f-79b2d6f38627
  6. Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep: Hey everyone recently my Acer Laptop has been shutting down after I allow it to sleep for too long. As in if close the lid of my laptop, it goes to sleep like usual. But if I don't wake or use it for like 30 minutes it just turns off rather than stay in sleep. Two changes I...
  7. Laptop keeps going to sleep right after turning it on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps going to sleep right after turning it on: Hello there, I've got an I7 asus laptop with the latest windows10 update . ever since the update the laptop keeps going to sleep mode right after I turn it on (during lock screen or when I access my desktop) . I need to return it on over and over to finally have success and...
  8. Laptop keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop keeps going to sleep: I have an HP 8540 laptop. I have the power settings set to high performance and all the options to go to sleep when plugged in are set to off/no. HOWEVER, it keeps going to sleep even when things like a download is running. There r a few things like my 3D printer program...
  9. Laptop won't go to sleep/hibernate; turns back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't go to sleep/hibernate; turns back on: So pretty much my title. This used to be a really common issue, then it stopped doing it on it's own. Last night it started back up. Now, I know with such machinery, nothing really happens "on it's own", but... I've made no changes to any settings, downloaded no...
  10. Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive: Hello everyone, so just the other day I (finally) upgraded my Lenovo Ideapad Z510 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. So far, I'm pretty happy about it, so I'm definitely not regretting it, but there is one thing that it's starting to frustrate me. Basically, when the...