Windows 10: Dell Laptop goes off

Discus and support Dell Laptop goes off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; could someone please explain what might be happening, in brief, while working on my laptop, it suddenly goes off, and I cant get it to switch back on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by majnoon53, Dec 15, 2015.

1. majnoon53 Win User

Dell Laptop goes off

could someone please explain what might be happening, in brief, while working on my laptop, it suddenly goes off, and I cant get it to switch back on, so I take the battery out and after few seconds I try to switch it back on, no go, then
    after a minute or so, the computer suddenly springs back to life, saying its doing a windows update,i had no notification of a windows update, so I cant understand whats going on here, and best of all , this is the second time this has happened

:)

majnoon53, Dec 15, 2015

2. Turning Off ScreenWindows 10 on Dell Inspiron 14Z laptop. I set the screen to go off after 1 minute when plugged in. It never goes off.

Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 14Z laptop. I set the screen to go off after 1 minute when plugged in. It never goes off.

CraigHamiltonJr, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Battery drains even when the computer is shut down.

I have bought a new Dell Laptop. But after installing windows 10 the battery drains even when the laptop is turned off. When I turn on the laptop back the battery goes to Zero.

SUNDARESA GUPTHAD, Dec 15, 2015
  4. M3N1M3 Win User

Dell Laptop goes off

Maybe ur computer is set to auto update....that is why u dont get a notification and the computer automatically restarts to work on the updates

M3N1M3, Dec 15, 2015
Thema:

Dell Laptop goes off

1. Dell Laptop goes off - Similar Threads - Dell Laptop goes

2. Sound goes off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound goes off: Every now and then there is no system sound, and the volume mixer shows that it's muted. It's easy enough to make the one-time correction, but why does it keep happening and can I prevent a recurrence?...
  3. Sound goes off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound goes off: Every now and then there is no system sound, and the volume mixer shows that it's muted. It's easy enough to make the one-time correction, but why does it keep happening and can I prevent a recurrence?...
  4. Sound goes off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Window 10 Dell Laptop goes black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 Dell Laptop goes black screen: Every so often if I move the laptop the screen will go black. When I hit the mousepad I get nothing. I tap the power button once I and if I turn the caps button on I do see the light on. I then hit the mouse pad a few times and I get nothing. Sometimes it comes on but...
  6. Screen goes off and on when pc goes off and on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes off and on when pc goes off and on?: How do I set the screen to go on and off so I don't have to press 2 buttons every time? Bildschirm geht aus und an wenn pc aus und an geht?
  7. Laptop (Dell XPS 13) goes sleeping randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop (Dell XPS 13) goes sleeping randomly: My laptop goes sleeping randomly (1). I observed that right before that happens, the Power-LED flashes in yellow color (5 fast flashes). Sometimes when the LEDs flash in that way, I move the mouse to prevent the PC to go to sleep and it appears to work. Because of that...
  8. Laptop beeps and goes off?

Laptop beeps and goes off?: Hello, I was just doing my homework (so almost idle) and suddenly my laptop beeps several times and shuts down. Do you know what this can be and how I can fix it? The pc was on for about 20 minutes at that time. Afterwards I checked the temperatures with HW Montitor and...
  9. Laptop locks automatically and then goes off?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop locks automatically and then goes off?: Hello, For some time now, my laptop sometimes simply locks itself automatically with a blue lock screen and then automatically goes into sleep mode. I use Windows 10 64bit, have an intel Core i5 7200U and a Geforce 940MX. Laptop sperrt sich automatisch und geht dann aus?
  10. Turn OFF the touchpad on my Dell Laptop

Turn OFF the touchpad on my Dell Laptop: I do not use my touchpad on my Dell Laptop. I have set it to Low sensitivity. It still moves the cursor as I am typing. I have also tried taping a cover over it-no help. How can I turn it off so as I type, the cursor does not move around the screen?...