Windows 10: Dell laptop Inspiron 5748, Latest Win 10 update hosed VIDEO

Discus and support Dell laptop Inspiron 5748, Latest Win 10 update hosed VIDEO in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Rarely have problems with updates on any of my computers, but the last update to this older laptop has caused the video to fail when Windows boots to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FatTonyBubatz, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Dell laptop Inspiron 5748, Latest Win 10 update hosed VIDEO

Rarely have problems with updates on any of my computers, but the last update to this older laptop has caused the video to fail when Windows boots to the login screen . Black screen . Computer is up and running (can see it on the network)

Cant get past that . Booting into safe mode, video is FINE , so its some driver that got hosed

Short of backing out the updates (assuming that fixes it ) , is there something I can do while in safe mode to try and fix whatever is broken ?

Running Windows 10 1903 .

:)

FatTonyBubatz, Jul 10, 2020

2. Probs with a Dell Inspiron 5748

Thanks Ken.. this is the shots. The one called winretools is coming up empty , i cant do a system store on here . Have just bought more storage and will transfer all off here pics an videos , Im not an avid photographer . Ive deleted tons of pictures off yet it made no diff on the red marker..This laptop has go in a right mess im sure , thinking im going to have to a complete reinstall , we shall see. Thanks for advising me. i clicked on the system / reserved to see what was taking up all that space . Shot below also ..

Dell laptop Inspiron 5748, Latest Win 10 update hosed VIDEO [​IMG]

kittenwoman, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Probs with a Dell Inspiron 5748

trying to show you as many shots as i can .. Dell showing up as its other that is taking up all my space, not videos, pics ...

4. Dell laptop Inspiron 5748, Latest Win 10 update hosed VIDEO

Probs with a Dell Inspiron 5748

Im running windows 10 on a 2 year old dell laptop 2 years old originally windows 8.1. I had already been in forum confused as to how my hard drive space was nearly 0 . No films, music, games just few programs and pictures. Is it possible that all I download and use , programs etc are being sent to the wrong drive ? The Western digital is only 1TB whilst the laptop has my 8GB of memory. Im really confused . any advice pls ? Ive ran the cleaners and deleted as much stuff as I can , still showing as just about full

Thema:

Dell laptop Inspiron 5748, Latest Win 10 update hosed VIDEO

1. Dell laptop Inspiron 5748, Latest Win 10 update hosed VIDEO - Similar Threads - Dell laptop Inspiron

2. Updated Dell Inspiron WIN 10 SYSTEM no longer plays downloaded videos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated Dell Inspiron WIN 10 SYSTEM no longer plays downloaded videos.: My machine was updated during a reboot this week. Now it no longer will play downloaded videos, or plays them very slow and jerky. Certain built-in videos on my regular webpages do the same thing or don't p;lay at allI've researhed this all week and either the pages that...
  3. Updated Dell Inspiron WIN 10 SYSTEM no longer plays downloaded videos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated Dell Inspiron WIN 10 SYSTEM no longer plays downloaded videos.: My machine was updated during a reboot this week. Now it no longer will play downloaded videos, or plays them very slow and jerky. Certain built-in videos on my regular webpages do the same thing or don't p;lay at allI've researhed this all week and either the pages that...
  4. Updated Dell Inspiron WIN 10 SYSTEM no longer plays downloaded videos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Dell Inspiron 1525 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Inspiron 1525 and Win 10: Got an old Dell Inspiron 1525 running W7 at the moment. It is sluggish but usable. Was thinking of putting W10 on it. I'd probably swap the HDD for a SSD, but leave everything else stock (including the 2GB if RAM) Does this sound feasible, or is W10 too much for this old...
  6. Bluetooth drivers not updating after win 10 update in dell inspiron 1545

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth drivers not updating after win 10 update in dell inspiron 1545: well I ignored this issue for last 4 years but recently I came across this blog in forum https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-problem-after-udating-win-10-in-dell/3edc5ec3-88ee-40a3-91a2-22a69442daa5 I have the same problem as the person asking that...
  7. windows 10 dell inspiron laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 dell inspiron laptop: One question?? My problem is windows 10 was locked forgot system password so i went to bios it said password notset. i ran installation cd for windows 7 on same harddisk this system operates great. how do i change operating system back and reset factory settings??...
  8. Win 10 / Dell Inspiron 5570

Win 10 / Dell Inspiron 5570: Although I turned off the keyboard light, it was still lit when I typed the keyboard. I was very upset with this problem. I have found many ways but failed, hoping everyone to help me....
  9. Synaptics Error in Dell inspiron 5547 after updating to win 10

Synaptics Error in Dell inspiron 5547 after updating to win 10: After updating win 10 from 8.1, am getting the frequent pop when ever i use the touchpad. (pic attached) 1) Resinstalled driver, still popup continues 2) using autorun app, i have tried to remove the entry (It stops the popup but the Dell touchpad utility is not starting...
  10. Probs with a Dell Inspiron 5748

Probs with a Dell Inspiron 5748: Im running windows 10 on a 2 year old dell laptop 2 years old originally windows 8.1. I had already been in forum confused as to how my hard drive space was nearly 0 . No films, music, games just few programs and pictures. Is it possible that all I download and use , programs...