Windows 10: Dell laptop Inspiron and Realtek USB Ethernet Adapter suddently disconnected

Discus and support Dell laptop Inspiron and Realtek USB Ethernet Adapter suddently disconnected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Few months ago, I had changed my internet connection from build-in wifi to ethernet USB adapter, the ethernet connection allways suddently disconnected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CHTang1, Feb 11, 2020.

1. CHTang1 Win User

Dell laptop Inspiron and Realtek USB Ethernet Adapter suddently disconnected

Few months ago, I had changed my internet connection from build-in wifi to ethernet USB adapter, the ethernet connection allways suddently disconnected when I connected to internet. I checked it was not related to AntiVirus software.

Devices:

Dell laptop Inspiron

WavLink USB 3.0 ethernet hub realtek chips

Finally, I find that USB ethernet adapter had insufficient power input.

Since I had adjusted the setting as followings:

1 make sure power adapter is connected

2 adjust the driver properties closed the option "Selective suspend" & "power save mode to ethernet"

The problem was fixed.

:)

CHTang1, Feb 11, 2020
  2. zillionxx Win User

Surface USB Ethernet Adapter not working in windows 10 on Dell inspiron

Thanks, DK.

The Dell laptop does not have Ethernet port. USB Ethernet Adapter has to be used for an Ethernet cable connection.

I have tried all you suggested except uninstall and reinstall Universal Serial Port Driver.

I'll try it later today.

Many thanks for your help.

zillionxx, Feb 11, 2020
  3. zillionxx Win User

I bought a Surface USB3.0 Ethernet Adapter. It does not work in Windows10 on a new Dell inspiron 11" that I have. However it does work with other laptops running Widnwos 10.

When I plugged the adapter onto USB3.0 port of the Dell laptop, the driver showed to be working properly in Device Manager. The driver version is 8.19.60.2015 from Microsoft. In the 'Connected Device' of Window 10 Setting, it showed "Ethernet Adapter Connected
    to USB3.0".

However, I could not find the network for the adapter in "Network Connections" and cannot use the network connected to the adapter.

Tried to update the driver. It is the latest. Tried to change BIOS parameters for USB emulation, USB power sharing etc but none helped. Tried with Dell support, updated all the relevant drivers and none helped either.

What is the issue? Why the network is not created for the adapter when driver works properly and appears to be good?

Any help is appreciated.

zillionxx, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Dell laptop Inspiron and Realtek USB Ethernet Adapter suddently disconnected

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and Thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the Inconvenience caused, I understand you are facing issues connecting the Ethernet adapter to your dell laptop.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Did you try connecting it to different USB port?

2. Are you facing any issues connecting Ethernet cable directly to dell laptop?

You may connect the Ethernet cable directly to the laptop and install all the pending updates to check if it helps.

You may connect the Surface Ethernet adapter to different USB port and check if it helps.

You may also try re-installing the Ethernet adapter driver and check.

If the issue still persists, let us try to Uninstall and Reinstall the Universal Serial Port (USB) Drivers.

Follow the steps given here.

a) Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Universal Serial Port driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

f) Restart the computer (After restarting the computer, Windows will install the default drivers).

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Dell laptop Inspiron and Realtek USB Ethernet Adapter suddently disconnected

1. Dell laptop Inspiron and Realtek USB Ethernet Adapter suddently disconnected - Similar Threads - Dell laptop Inspiron

2. Install Ethernet to USB adaptor driver on Dell - Inspiron 7415 2-in-1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Ethernet to USB adaptor driver on Dell - Inspiron 7415 2-in-1: My laptop does not have Ethernet port. Hence, I had to buy Ethernet to USB adaptor so that I can connect via ethernet to my router. However, I am unable to install the drivers for the same and use ethernet. I downloaded similar drivers from Dell website. But no help. Hence,...
  3. How to reinstall a missing Realtek ethernet adapter Dell 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall a missing Realtek ethernet adapter Dell 2020: We recently have installed fiber optics in our house. We have two All in one Dell 2020's running windows 10. One PC connects to the internet readily, the other one doesn't connect. Inspection of the Device Manager listings show that the successful PC has a Realtek adapter,...
  4. How to reinstall a missing Realtek ethernet adapter Dell 2020

How to reinstall a missing Realtek ethernet adapter Dell 2020: We recently have installed fiber optics in our house. We have two All in one Dell 2020's running windows 10. One PC connects to the internet readily, the other one doesn't connect. Inspection of the Device Manager listings show that the successful PC has a Realtek adapter,...
  5. How to reinstall a missing Realtek ethernet adapter Dell 2020

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. USB to Ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to Ethernet adapter: How to install USB to Ethernet adapter in desktop computer with Window 8.1 and malfunctioned Ethernet LAN card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-to-ethernet-adapter/d68507df-1491-41ac-ad6d-f03bc100985c
  7. USB to Ethernet adapter

USB to Ethernet adapter: How to install USB to Ethernet adapter in desktop computer with Window 8.1 and malfunctioned Ethernet LAN card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-to-ethernet-adapter/d68507df-1491-41ac-ad6d-f03bc100985c
  8. Thunderbolt USB and Ethernet Disconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thunderbolt USB and Ethernet Disconnects: I have an issue with a new XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop. The laptop is connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt port replicator and I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell...
  9. Realtek network adapter constantly disconnecting

Realtek network adapter constantly disconnecting: Device: ASUS TUF Gaming 505DT Network adapter: Realtek 8821CE Duration: Happened occasionally for a period of 2-3 months but - since the past week - happens multiple times a day. Only resolved by constantly restarting the laptop. Solutions attempted: Every step here I've...
  10. Realtek WIFI adapter keeps on disconnecting

Realtek WIFI adapter keeps on disconnecting: I can no longer remember when this started but my Realtek RTL8822BE WIFI adapter on my HP laptop just keep on disconnecting for some reasons. It doesn't matter which WIFI I'm connecting to (airport, home, work, Starbucks, etc). I googled this a bit and it appears that other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb ethernet device doesnt pop up when you plug it in realtek

2. usb ethernet adapter driver for windows 10 dell